Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

I don't smoke.
3nodding
It stinks and it's bad.
User Image
I started smoking out of curosity.

My mom smokes, my step-mom smokes, my dad smokes, my grandma and grandpa smokes. My grandma died of lung cancer.

A month before I turned 18, I took one of my dad's cigarettes and smoked it. I wanted to know what it was like. And I liked it.

So here I am now, at the age of 20. I still smoke. And I still like it.
Djarum cigarettes are yummy. I only smoke Djarum Blacks. They're flavored tobacco with cloves in them. Plus the buzz you get from smoking is nice. They're also great when you're bored or have time to idle while waiting for something.
Sophist
Djarum cigarettes are yummy. I only smoke Djarum Blacks. They're flavored tobacco with cloves in them. Plus the buzz you get from smoking is nice. They're also great when you're bored or have time to idle while waiting for something.

I've heard of those cigarettes from a friend, but never got to try them myself.
I usually smoke Newports.
zombiephile
I see a lot of hate on smokers. I personally do not smoke. however, I have friends, and boyfriend who does.

I don't see any smokers ridiculing you non-smokers, so why all the hate?

they don't do it to "be cool" it's a stress reliever. They know all the health risks. Smokers usually aren't stupid people.

Hey, thanks for this. People aren't forced to smoke but since they never tried it they automatically think it's to "look cool." For one thing, it's ignorant to try and tell people why they smoke, and for another, it's rude to be obnoxious about it.
A. what kind of smoking? I can understand pot, because it gives them the illusion of being relaxed and such.

B. Who are you to judge? i personally choose not to, but if they want to smoke they should be able to.
Just because you can't see from their perspective doesn't mean that its wrong.

BUT normally drugs are used as releases from reality...in my opinion.
Redpaige
Sophist

Some people really like them, some people can't stand them. I personally think normal cigarettes look, smell and taste disgusting- unless it's a self-rolled cig with Top tobacco. Those things ********' hit ya. Djarums are typically more expensive (I buy them for about $6) but they also last for around 15 min. each, so it's a trade off. If you like cloves, then you'd probably like Djarums.
Sophist
Redpaige
Sophist

Some people really like them, some people can't stand them. I personally think normal cigarettes look, smell and taste disgusting- unless it's a self-rolled cig with Top tobacco. Those things ********' hit ya. Djarums are typically more expensive (I buy them for about $6) but they also last for around 15 min. each, so it's a trade off. If you like cloves, then you'd probably like Djarums.

Holy s**t, 15 minutes?

I'll have to try them one of these days.

Rollies are good too. Especially when you have that little rollie thingy that rolls the cigarettes for you. Doing it by hand is just too messy for me.
Redpaige
Sophist
Redpaige
Sophist

Holy s**t, 15 minutes?

Rollies are good too. Especially when you have that little rollie thingy that rolls the cigarettes for you. Doing it by hand is just too messy for me.

Yeah rollie, that's what I meant. Haha, I had a boyfriend who'd been smoking since he was 12. I got pretty pissed off at the people who introduced him to it at that point. I can't remember all of the lingo he used or whatever. I just stick to my cloves. Here's a tip: don't try the cherry ones, I heard they taste like a**. If you want to make a transition from normal to Djarum you should try the Specials. They taste a little more like normal cigs.
shear curiosity, gotta try (almost) everything once. wanted to know what all the hype was about. but for some reason, I don't have any addictive tendencies, so I was able to stop on a whim, but it was really hard for my brother to stop.
Redpaige
Sophist
Redpaige
Sophist

Holy s**t, 15 minutes?

lol that was funny, when I first moved up to oregon, I had never seen someone with rolled cigarettes and I thought everyone was smoking joints on the street. xp

(half of them probably were)
atomic_energy
Redpaige
Sophist
Redpaige
Sophist

Holy s**t, 15 minutes?

lol that was funny, when I first moved up to oregon, I had never seen someone with rolled cigarettes and I thought everyone was smoking joints on the street. xp

(half of them probably were)
haha OH me too. I thought my boyfriends friends were doing pot when they just pulled it out and rolled up, but apparently it wasn't soo haha. Simple mistake. OH i'm from oregon too XP
    Never smoked anything, never will.
    Don't understand it, don't wish to understand.
    Being socially accepted is nothing compared to my health.
    I refuse to compromise my lungs for fitting in.
    Smoking = Pure Idiocy
Prehistoric Princess
    Never smoked anything, never will.
    Don't understand it, don't wish to understand.
    Being socially accepted is nothing compared to my health.
    I refuse to compromise my lungs for fitting in.
    Smoking = Pure Idiocy

if you didn't read the previous posts: it wasn't about "being cool" it was about curiosity and being unable to stop because they were addicted to the nicotine. so don't hate on smokers, it's not like they can quit at the drop of a hat
Popularity, rebellion, to 'look cool', or they're just stupid.

Also it's supposed to help with stress, until you are addicted and stressing over needing a cigarette.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff