Welcome to Gaia! ::

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Only on for a bit still cleaning D: I'm pretty tarded how do I link the banner I wanna put it on my profile but I dunno BBC coding enough to link to the thread through a banner :'x
LadyKaeleer
Grandiloquence
Yeah, even when my parents were still married, they both worked full time jobs and really just wanted to relax on the weekend. Being a kid, I wanted to go do stuff, so I'd often go to the park alone. But I'd always go home as soon as the streetlights went on unless I was supervised. But some lady who saw me frequently though it was so terrible that my parents let me go to the park alone. I was just a more independent child. Especially since I was raised an only child (I have two half-siblings from my dad's previous marriage, but they didn't live with us). I mean, I know my parents were still together, but a child with a single parent will have to learn to be a little more independent sometimes.

I remember doing almost the same thing as a kid... my parents divorced when I was young, my mom moved into a really rural area, so I'd spend my free time roaming the woods behind the house, usually by myself. My father lived in a trailer park and I'd often walk the streets, either to a friend's house, the convienent store down the road for candy, or to the playground. These days it seems kids aren't encouraged to do anything alone... Latchkey kids are all but non-existant these days, where when I was in elementary school, being home alone after school, before my mom got home was a typical experience. I'd get myself on and off the bus, and now, bus drivers aren't allowed to drop kids off without a parent waving to indicate they're home. Maybe it's just me and my area, but it seems a bit... overprotective.

Touching on the high-school aged parents/mothers, one of my close high school friends found herself pregnant at 17, and decided to keep the baby. We went to a rediculously small school, but the next district over has one of the best child-care service in the area. My friend moved, with the intention of transferring to this school in order to continue her education and graduate. Saddly the school had filled up that year's available room in the day care center, so she was unable to put her infant daughter into the program. She was forced to quit school in order to take care of her daughter, as the kid's father was a total tool and didn't want to help out. She was contacted over the summer and informed that there was an opening that fall, so she went back, finished out her senior year, and walked proudly across the stage to get her diploma, her daughter clapping and cheering as she did.
I guess my point there is, if, as a high-school, or even college student, if you truely have the desire to do both, it is possible, even if you have to put the education on hold for a short time.

Deccer, Chocolate. As a pregnant girl myself, I say you can't go wrong with chocolate. This time of year, mint chocolate is best. A little holiday cheer along with the joy that chocolate always brings.

It is overprotective. I mean, the lady that I mentioned had the audacity to give me a letter that she wrote to my mom, and she basically said my mom should be ashamed because she was such a horrible parent. She didn't know the situation. It's not like they left me home alone for days, and they established the rule that I had to come home when the streetlights came on. It was a really safe neighborhood, too. I lived there for 11 years and the worst crime was a couple of drunk teens crashing into someone's garage ONCE. One accident/crime in 11 years? That's damn good.
I'm glad your friend was able to go back to school even if it was a little later. I hope no one takes my comment about feeling it's a little irresponsible to keep a baby so young the wrong way. There are so many teen moms who make it perfectly fine, the luckier ones with supportive parents. And with online courses being offered nearly everywhere, it's possible for them to still attend college provided they can afford it, and it gives them the convenience of being able to complete school work somewhat on their own time. Even if they have to wait until the child is older/they can afford it, it's still not too bad.
That isn't an R, you know.
Rs don't look like that.
R's look like actual Rs.
Do you really think you're cool by writing out random gibberish?
Ohz Noz its somthing very unoriginal
Thevillian

I need someone to do this in every thread I enter.
Something Very Unoriginal
Thevillian

I need someone to do this in every thread I enter.

When I read that I imagioned one of those old godzilla moves with japs running away screaming, except it was a giant frog XD

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Woke up this morning sick :'< I hadn't had any bug my entire pregnancy other than morning sickness. And I had to get sick on the weekend blah.
Get plenty of bed rest & liquids. Oh, and Congratz on winning the Page contest.
OMG, WILL WALKED!!!!!
Congratz. It all happens so fast. Next thing you know, they'll be in school, then dating (AHHH The horror), you know how it goes. Treasure those first steps, I still do.
Mr Ransom 2
OMG, WILL WALKED!!!!!

How exciting! It's so precious how wobbly and uncoordinated they re when they first learn. Is he still trying?

I know my first son took 2 singular steps then waited another month before he tried to walk again; then my second son had the hang of it in just 2 days.
lol, yeah, he got up took a few steps, then fell and hit his head and cried, hes not trying it again yet, haha
He's metamorphous-ing into a toddler eek

Kids are so funny, they bounce right back up. i wish I could do that still.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry it's been so long since I've been on.
Internet at home wasn't working very well,
so I could only get on at work. It's back up
and running now though. So let's cross our
fingers that it stays up and running. Lol.
I'm going to go shower now though, so I shall
return once I'm done with that and grabbing
something small to eat.

Welcome to all the new people who came in
while I was gone. Hope that you stick around and
chat!!

-- My Bloody Miley --
Single Parents, click here. (:
Wind falll
User Image
User Image

Hey, I am a single mother to twins.
my sons Micah and Jonah are fourteen months old.
I am nineteen years old.
I live at home, and am currently going to online highschool.
However next semester I have choosen to go back to regualer school
Any ideas on how to get the boys into daycare?
With out alot of tears

User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to SPST and thank you for sharing
your story with us. Hope you stick around to chat.
Have your kids been around other kids?
I've noticed that the kids I've watched are more
interested in staying if they've been around other kids.
You can try calling some local daycares and seeing if
they've got some activities that you can join in on, or know
of any activities that are going on the community that you live in.

Mistress;; You can copy and paste this code here
onto your profile. And I hope you feel better!!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/single-parent-support-thread-now-open/t.56664302/][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2nap6kn.jpg[/img][/url]

Ransom;; Awe. I loved it when my little girl started
walking. Such great milestones, but then again, it just
means that you have to keep an eye on them even harder.

-- My Bloody Miley --
Single Parents, click here. (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas