Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First of all, Welcome to SPST!

I hope you have a great time while you’re here and that you’ll stick around and chat!

Everyone is welcome, although this thread is here for single parents to have an
area of support or a place they can come to hang out and chat with other single parents
who can relate to what they’re going through. There’s a lot of single parents out there, and
although it doesn’t seen as if it’d be a hard job, you have to understand that some families
have both parents raising the children. Single parent families often just have one parent,
possibly with the help of grandparents/aunt/uncles/significant others. So, we aren’t here to
put them down in any way shape or form. Don’t just assume that they’re bad parents because
the other parent isn’t around anymore; chances are, if they have the child in custody, they’re not
bad people.

If you need help for whatever reason, don’t be afraid to ask. If you don’t feel comfortable posting it in
the thread directly, then PM one of the staff members, we’ll be extremely happy to help you as best as
we can. If there’s something one can’t help you with, one of the others will be able to. We’ll find the help you need,
even if we just give you a bunch of links to point you in the right directions. We haven’t been through everything, but
we’ve been through quite a lot.

These are people’s lives and emotions being discussed. There will be zero tolerance for inappropriate posts.
Please remember that other people will be reading whatever it is that you post, so let’s keep it moderately clean.
Conversations are allowed as long as they’re relatable to the thread and are, of course, kept civil.

All I ask if that you follow a couple rules, which are mainly common sense, but I still have to post them. Look under
the “Rules” section for the list of rules that I expect you to follow. I, as the owner, can add/delete rules at any given time.

The Affiliates//Banners//Links are now listed in my journal.

The Statistics are also listed in my journal.

The Single Parents' Day information has been listed in my journal.

**If you'd like to post a banner somewhere, just PM me for the link,
and make sure to tell me which one you want. And I'll send you the code. (:

Also, two new banners have been made!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/single-parent-support-thread/t.56664302/][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2m5ib1w.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/single-parent-support-thread/t.56664302/][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/j0fnyr.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Many many thanks to ScottieBears MiaKitty for the thread layout! <3

Single Parent Support Thread // Rules // Whitelist // Blacklist // Contests // Staff
1. Follow Gaia TOS and LD Guidelines/Rules
2. No judging/attacking.
3. Stay on topic.
4. Advice giving is encouraged. Just please be nice, and keep in mind their situation.
5. Keep quote trees to a minimum.
6. No name dropping!
7. "b*****d" is not allowed!
8. Don't refer to your child(ren) as a mistake!!
9. Don't come in here saying "I'm too young/not ready for this baby!" Be responsible or don't have sex.
10. No Drama..
11. No bumping, one word posts, or just emotes.

Only one warning will be given out. I believe these rules are pretty easy to obey.
If you break a rule after being warned, I will blacklist you and block you from the thread.
If you feel after a week or so that you're ready to come back and can follow my rules, you're
more than welcome to PM me to bring up that subject. I will then decide whether or not I see
that you're ready to come back. If you're brought back and you break another rule, you'll be
blocked for good.
As the thread owner I reserve the right to change/add/delete the rules as needed.

Single Parent Support Thread // Rules // Whitelist // Blacklist // Contests // Staff
The following people have given awesome advice and/or I think they deserve a spot here.
My Staff -- For being there for me, and helping me out with this thread. heart heart
Starlurk -- For backing me up with this idea, and supporting me when others were attacking me. Thanks. heart
Deccer -- For being here from the beginning, and supporting my ideas and helping with the advice and welcoming of new single parents. Thanks. heart
More will be added as good people come through! (:

None yet. (:
You don’t want to end up on this list.
If you’re on this list, you’ve been blocked/banned from the thread.

None as of right now.
PM me with any ideas that you may have.

xO_LenaRalene - Owner
Please call me Lena. : Im the mother of a 4 a half) year old little girl, Autumn. I just turned 23 back in August. I also just got married on November 11, 2011! I absolutely love being a mother. I enjoy everything there is about children and the different phases they go through as they grow older. Watching a child grow up is amazing, whether it’s yours or not. It just gives you this feeling of encouragement to make your life better for yourself as well as for your children).
If you’ve got any questions for me, just send me a PM, and I’ll be more than happy to answer your question/concerns. I’m a very friendly person. And I’ll never judge you for any reasons. Including, but not limited to, parenting styles, breast-feeding, co-sleeping, or any other form of parenting that you are involved in.
I know a ton of people who are going through raising their child by themselves, and I wanted to make my own thread about being a single parent. Ive taken a couple Early Childhood Development classes, so Ive got experience with children and their developmental stages and/or phases they go through. I’ve helped plenty of my friends out when they first became parents because they wasn’t expecting their significant other to walk away when they had promised them everything. I also know that any little piece of advice and/or support is nice and appreciated.
Ciara Bunny -- Moderator
Hi there. Im Ciara Bunny, most people call me Bunny, but you can call me by my real name Ciara) too. Im English, currently living in Bristol, in the south of England. Im a 23 year old mother, to three children. Pheobe who is 6, Rio who is 4 and Amerie who is 3. Two of my children have special needs, Rio has Coronary heart disease and Pheobe has Dyslexia. Im soon to be a legal guardian of two of my youngest siblings, who are 4 and 11. I like to think i have a lot of experience with children, but i also have some theory, as i studied AS Psychology, half of which was Developmental Psychology. Though I am taken, through the majority of my childrens lives I have raised them single handed-ly. My boyfriend is not any of my childrens biological fathers, but he raises them as any father should to a child. Im currently studying A levels in Photography, Textiles and Music. However, in September Im going onto study a BA Hons) in Music, at Bristol University. I eventually hope to go on to be a music teacher at a stage school. Though I have my views on parenting, I believe in each to their own styles of parenting. Everyone has different views on how to raise their children. They should all be accepted.
And thats me in a nutshell really. Lol. If you have any questions, about anything, feel free to contact me.
xoxoPinkSupremxoxo -- Moderator
Im xoxoPinkSupremexoxo but most just call me Pink. Im a 19 year old mother of a beautiful baby boy. He was born January 4th 2010. I am currently with the father but as he works 60 hours a week, I am often raising my son alone. I have done a lot of changing of myself in the past couple weeks and think Im a much mature person. I am always available to talk if anyone would like to. My inbox is set for anyone to send me PMs and feel free to PM me if you need to chat.

I'm not a single parent, per se, but I often feel like it since I do the vast majority of things concerning my little one. Just thought I'd lurk around for awhile, if it was alright, and try to be helpful when I can. n_n

| [ You're more than welcome to stay and chat. I'm not with my daughters father, so I know what you mean about feeling like a single parent. Even though my current significant other helps out when he can. ] |

I'm currently living with my former SO, which is awkward at times. He helps out sometimes, but not as much as I would like. And my current SO lives far away, so it's not as if he can help. It's an awkward situation all-around, really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff