Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are the major signs that a guy may have romantic interests in you and like you more as a friend? I can't tell if this guy is being friendly or flirting with me at times and I'm doing a bit nuts on my end. He is super sweet and kind and smart and is not the player type. Just unsure if he only sees me as a friend or a potential gf. Thank you for any thoughts or advice 3nodding

Distinct Member

As a male, my approach to females,

I'm usually straight forward with my attraction. You'd figure they'd like or respect that, though I haven't been most successful. In turn, I try various ways to initiate some type of relationship, even ridiculous ways. Ridiculously is more effective than straight forward, it's one of the reasons why I'm a misogynist..
Ask him. Women in todays society have the nerve to aggressively yell "******** *****" while wearing booty shorts, but lack the ability to ask a guy if he likes her?
It's funny because I can tell when someone has a secret crush on someone els. But when a guy crushes on me, I'm so very dense. XD

Angelic Friend

Well, there's a certain way they tend to look at you.
They look at you a lot and act differently around you than when they're w/ their friends.
Hang out a lot w/ him and you'll notice.
roman and roman again
don't assume anything unless he actually tells you he likes you? he's probably just trying to be your friend?
Have you seen "The Glockumentary"?
I try to do nice things with her & for her.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
blackrose_246810
What are the major signs that a guy may have romantic interests in you and like you more as a friend? I can't tell if this guy is being friendly or flirting with me at times and I'm doing a bit nuts on my end. He is super sweet and kind and smart and is not the player type. Just unsure if he only sees me as a friend or a potential gf. Thank you for any thoughts or advice 3nodding

Statistically, most opposite sex friends a guy has are also people he has a sexual/romantic interest in. I think what matters most is if he's willing to go out on a date with you if you ask him and that you show your interest in him in a clear way so he could consider you if he hasn't before.
roman and roman again
Posties The Artificer
roman and roman again
don't assume anything unless he actually tells you he likes you? he's probably just trying to be your friend?
Have you seen "The Glockumentary"?

nope. any good?
It's pretty funny.

Beloved Genius

7,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
blackrose_246810

Haha, it's so hard to know! Because everyone has their own way of showing you're in love or not. At these times you have to be careful to see if it is what you are thinking, or if it is really their way of treating you well, pay attention to their behavior. If all else fails, take courage and ask him (believe me, I've done it).

Magical Tree

He remembers the little things about you.
(how you drink your coffee; the strange food allergy you have that no one else remembers, but he remembers; habits you have like what face you make when you're nervous or trying to hold in excitement; what accessory is your favorite or something)

Space Detective

6,700 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Eh? The only indisputable sure sign would be that he tells you he likes you and/or tries to initiate a relationship. There's other "signs" but they can have other meanings as well. A few not-definite-but-possibly signs...

arrow He goes out of his way to hang out with you/do nice things for you/etc.
arrow He makes a big thing of pointing out things he's noticed about you, does for you, etc.
arrow He frequently initiates physical contact with you--touching your arm, giving you a hug, ruffling your hair, etc.
arrow Body language cue--if you're standing together and talking, his feet and hips face you.
arrow He asks if you like anyone/are going out with anyone/etc.--yeah, sometimes it's just curiosity as a friend and sometimes he's asking on another friend's behalf, but if he asks frequently and seems stressed by vague answers, it's possibly his roundabout way of telling you he likes you.
arrow He pays attention to details of what you like, what you need, etc.

These are all indefinite, since any of them could have other meanings (he's just being friendly, he's the touchy type, he's just a pervert, he's got a friend who likes you, he's observant by nature) but put enough of them in one case and it's a significant possibility that he likes you. But all around, the only way to know for sure is to ask. Give it a shot--what have you got to lose?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff