Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shcaabs
Queen of Mercury
Shcaabs
bee pollen
Shcaabs
bee pollen

I love that you used Kacy Catanzaro because I watched her run the first night it aired and thought it was amazing. This isn't intended to sound malicious just wanted to put this point down. There are a lot of women out there in peak physical condition that could destroy men in terms of athletics. If a woman can out-shoot/run/swim/lift, whatever a man why shouldn't be allowed to right? Because in high stress deployed environments sexual tension reaches an extreme high. There are cases of full grown 200+ pound men in peak physical condition being forcibly sodomized in the deployed environment. If we put a woman in that scenario there is now a young lady pregnant in a high-ops tempo hazard zone.

I think that's a risk women are aware of when they sign up to serve their country and it's very similar to saying: "don't let boys in because they might die or witness death and it might chip at their psyche." I think it should be their choice, especially if they are in good health. I believe 100% that women are capable of detaching themselves emotionally from any kills they make on the battlefield. Mothers throughout history are some of nature's most fierce-some contenders in a fight. When women have something to protect and especially if they have made the choice themselves to enlist, they are aware of what's going to be required of them and they are more than willing to do it. Men saying women aren't capable in a fight or don't know what precautions to make in a case where rape may occur (to their best ability) are ignorant. And why should the government protect women from being exposed to the "possibility" of rape overseas/in battle if they aren't willing to acknowledge the movements here requesting safer streets and equality? I do not think the government is trying to do us some favor by preventing us from fighting for our country. They are just still attached to archaic ideas that women are only existing for the gratification of man and childbearing and uh oh if they all sign up the boys won't have any p***y to come home to.

Because it costs money that our government doesn't have to have to deal with and investigate the 100+ rapes that would happen. If you look at one of my previous posts, I would 100% inclined to support the notion as long as units were gender segregated.

You don't know much about the DoD do you? That is budgeted in every year, so there is no extra money that has to go into it. You're acting like it doesn't already happen. It does. And the military is slowly cracking down on it. There's still a long way to go, but just as with the civilian world, you're not going to catch them all, and sadly not all of them will be convicted.

I'm just going to put this down right now. It isn't cost effective at all to utilize women in any instance of infantry. You can't tell me that women aren't susceptible to a wider variety of medical complications than a man. It just doesn't make sense to waste money just to satisfy some arbitrary ideal like "equal service opportunity". If a woman wants to serve in that capacity, by all means, go for it. The decision is far above my head and far above the level of some gaia forum. Thanks for your service.

In some ways you are right. However, there was this female officer in my company ( i served for a mandatory 2 years ) who led a platoon of 30. She was really efficient with her commands in the field and instructions during administrative times. Saved lots of time for her men. So it's not really as bad as you think.

Physically yes, she was lacking compared to men. But her leadership outweighs her weaknesses. So i guess it depends.
Just That Fabulous
Queen of Mercury
Just That Fabulous
Queen of Mercury
Just That Fabulous

Just because I didn't say people I know, doesn't mean that "people" means "all people" and I never said anything about rank, just that people wouldn't care to deal with corporal punishment. And that's people as in most people, specifically people in the navy since you can't take in context clues.

And public or not, I was still specifically addressing another sailor. I'm not going to say I misspoke, because I didn't, you're just reading something that I didn't say.

I hate it now because the benefits aren't worth it and I joined to get an education. Not everyone joins because of some lofty goal to serve their country, and being in the military you should realize that.

Promotions... and loss of rank. Yes, you did mention rank. Those who join just so they can get a free education disgust me. The military isn't a playground, but then that's the problem with our military now. They don't make sure people are actually there for the reason they should, which is to serve their country. As I said, my platoon doesn't hate it. and I haven't spoken to a soldier who signed up for more than two years service who does.

Loss of rank in reference to punishments does not mean I implied high ranking officers didn't do anything to earn corporal punishment. I'm glad I disgust you, though, as the people who are so blinded by patriotism that they don't see all the absolutely horrible, god-awful things the military does and how much money we waste that could be going to our people, how much we completely decimate the places we're supposedly qualified to liberate--that disgusts me. You're right, the military isn't a playground, it's a job that's a double-edged sword, and it's a job that gets people killed for a government that cares more about money than its people. So if you think I'm disgusting for taking the bribe the government put out for me in order to keep from drowning in the dept the American education puts people in, then I can be completely clear of conscience when I tell you I give no ********.

I was only given the option for six years, and I've jumped up the ranks at twice the rate of my peers. I do my job and I do it well and I'm serving my ******** country, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm chauvinistic. "Free education" my a**, I've worked my fingers to the bone and bled for my ship. I've sacrificed for my ship. I've earned my "free" college money, and I'm going to damn well use it to never have to be in this position again.

And as great as it is for your platoon that they don't hate it, about half of my division does, and those that don't hate a lot of aspects of it and are only in for the benefits of decent retirement plans or for their family. I've met four people on my ship that are in the navy because they're patriots, and surprise surprise, they had no problems with me wanting to get out, because it's a hard, shitty job and not everyone is meant for it. They encouraged me to take advantage of what the Navy has to offer while I'm in as well as after I get out, because they're decent human beings.

But of course, they probably should have been disgusted. How dare I choose to join the military instead of eventual poverty. I should have joined for our glorious, flawless country.

What's the matter? Did I hit a nerve? If you really 'give no ********' nothing I said would have flustered you. And yet you're whining like a little child because I said that I find people joining for the wrong reasons, disgusting. Grow up. Not everyone is going to kiss your a** because you wanted a free education. Oh boo hoo, I'm on a ship and that's so hard. Tell me, how much combat have you seen? How many of your fellow sailors have you seen coming back in body bags? Hmmm? I might be a jaded b***h, I might be a hard a**, but I've lived through hell. We're far from flawless, but I will never be ashamed of what we did in Iraq or Afghanistan, because we lost a lot of good men and women to those hell holes. I lost good friends to those hell holes and there isn't a night that goes by that I'm not haunted by the things I saw. So boo ******** hoo, you have it so hard on a god damned ship.

I'm whining? You're the one that got all prissy because I said people in a completely different branch hated being in--and in context that was what I was talking about. The different branches have different goals and you're stupid if you think that yours is better because you're more likely to kill yourself while you're out killing people for the ******** oil companies that run our country.

There are no wrong reasons for joining, only wrong ways in serving. Combat isn't the only way to serve your country and even if it was, I'm forward deployed. When Korea or China decide they're tired of us, I'm the first one going over there and readying the torpedoes, not you. When natural disasters and huge accidents happen like the ******** nuclear reactors did a two years ago? That was me and my ship going there and soaking up all that radiation, not you.So ******** off with your combat bullshit. You knew what you signed up for just as much as I did, and for your information I have lost friends out here, so go ******** yourself for trying to use people's death as some kind of ******** trump card you disgusting human being.

This problem also exists in my country. Alot of guys weren't willing to serve or serve for the wrong reasons. But the fact is, we all served and sacrificed our time. Not everyone was positive about it. There is nothing wrong in joining the army for education grant, the stuff people go through in the army is tough as hell so it's not like people are taking the money for free.

Every unit in the army is important, not only those with the combat roles. Combatants will not function as well without logistics or combat-support units such as medic, combat engineer etc. Just ignore such people man, don't waste your time on them.

Rich Punk

15,775 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Solarpowered 250
MrLife
Just That Fabulous
Queen of Mercury
Just That Fabulous
Queen of Mercury
Just That Fabulous

Just because I didn't say people I know, doesn't mean that "people" means "all people" and I never said anything about rank, just that people wouldn't care to deal with corporal punishment. And that's people as in most people, specifically people in the navy since you can't take in context clues.

And public or not, I was still specifically addressing another sailor. I'm not going to say I misspoke, because I didn't, you're just reading something that I didn't say.

I hate it now because the benefits aren't worth it and I joined to get an education. Not everyone joins because of some lofty goal to serve their country, and being in the military you should realize that.

Promotions... and loss of rank. Yes, you did mention rank. Those who join just so they can get a free education disgust me. The military isn't a playground, but then that's the problem with our military now. They don't make sure people are actually there for the reason they should, which is to serve their country. As I said, my platoon doesn't hate it. and I haven't spoken to a soldier who signed up for more than two years service who does.

Loss of rank in reference to punishments does not mean I implied high ranking officers didn't do anything to earn corporal punishment. I'm glad I disgust you, though, as the people who are so blinded by patriotism that they don't see all the absolutely horrible, god-awful things the military does and how much money we waste that could be going to our people, how much we completely decimate the places we're supposedly qualified to liberate--that disgusts me. You're right, the military isn't a playground, it's a job that's a double-edged sword, and it's a job that gets people killed for a government that cares more about money than its people. So if you think I'm disgusting for taking the bribe the government put out for me in order to keep from drowning in the dept the American education puts people in, then I can be completely clear of conscience when I tell you I give no ********.

I was only given the option for six years, and I've jumped up the ranks at twice the rate of my peers. I do my job and I do it well and I'm serving my ******** country, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm chauvinistic. "Free education" my a**, I've worked my fingers to the bone and bled for my ship. I've sacrificed for my ship. I've earned my "free" college money, and I'm going to damn well use it to never have to be in this position again.

And as great as it is for your platoon that they don't hate it, about half of my division does, and those that don't hate a lot of aspects of it and are only in for the benefits of decent retirement plans or for their family. I've met four people on my ship that are in the navy because they're patriots, and surprise surprise, they had no problems with me wanting to get out, because it's a hard, shitty job and not everyone is meant for it. They encouraged me to take advantage of what the Navy has to offer while I'm in as well as after I get out, because they're decent human beings.

But of course, they probably should have been disgusted. How dare I choose to join the military instead of eventual poverty. I should have joined for our glorious, flawless country.

What's the matter? Did I hit a nerve? If you really 'give no ********' nothing I said would have flustered you. And yet you're whining like a little child because I said that I find people joining for the wrong reasons, disgusting. Grow up. Not everyone is going to kiss your a** because you wanted a free education. Oh boo hoo, I'm on a ship and that's so hard. Tell me, how much combat have you seen? How many of your fellow sailors have you seen coming back in body bags? Hmmm? I might be a jaded b***h, I might be a hard a**, but I've lived through hell. We're far from flawless, but I will never be ashamed of what we did in Iraq or Afghanistan, because we lost a lot of good men and women to those hell holes. I lost good friends to those hell holes and there isn't a night that goes by that I'm not haunted by the things I saw. So boo ******** hoo, you have it so hard on a god damned ship.

I'm whining? You're the one that got all prissy because I said people in a completely different branch hated being in--and in context that was what I was talking about. The different branches have different goals and you're stupid if you think that yours is better because you're more likely to kill yourself while you're out killing people for the ******** oil companies that run our country.

There are no wrong reasons for joining, only wrong ways in serving. Combat isn't the only way to serve your country and even if it was, I'm forward deployed. When Korea or China decide they're tired of us, I'm the first one going over there and readying the torpedoes, not you. When natural disasters and huge accidents happen like the ******** nuclear reactors did a two years ago? That was me and my ship going there and soaking up all that radiation, not you.So ******** off with your combat bullshit. You knew what you signed up for just as much as I did, and for your information I have lost friends out here, so go ******** yourself for trying to use people's death as some kind of ******** trump card you disgusting human being.

This problem also exists in my country. Alot of guys weren't willing to serve or serve for the wrong reasons. But the fact is, we all served and sacrificed our time. Not everyone was positive about it. There is nothing wrong in joining the army for education grant, the stuff people go through in the army is tough as hell so it's not like people are taking the money for free.

Every unit in the army is important, not only those with the combat roles. Combatants will not function as well without logistics or combat-support units such as medic, combat engineer etc. Just ignore such people man, don't waste your time on them.

I suppose you're right. I got incredibly off topic anyways.
Just That Fabulous
MrLife
Just That Fabulous
Queen of Mercury
Just That Fabulous

I suppose you're right. I got incredibly off topic anyways.

Peace.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
If the job entails going days without washing and changing your underwear and tampons/pads, women simply cannot do the job due to health reasons
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika
Everything that guy is spewing is utter bullshit. Women can be equally as volatile as men can be because aggression is not gendered.

Besides, there are plenty of militaries that have allowed women to serve in combat & on the front lines for ages and they do fine.
So basically you just don't know what testosterone does.
Are you telling me women spontaneously stopped being capable of producing testosterone?

Fuzzy Member

Henrika
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika
Everything that guy is spewing is utter bullshit. Women can be equally as volatile as men can be because aggression is not gendered.

Besides, there are plenty of militaries that have allowed women to serve in combat & on the front lines for ages and they do fine.
Are you telling me women spontaneously stopped being capable of producing testosterone?
More like they don't produce nearly as much of it as a man does, on average, seeing as it is the 'male' homrone

Just like men, on average, produce next to no estrogen, the 'female' hormone
Wigwam the Dodo
Henrika
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika

More like they don't produce nearly as much of it as a man does, on average, seeing as it is the 'male' homrone

This may come as a shock to you.... but male and female bodies use these hormones differently! So your point about women have less testosterone is 100% irrelevant. Also, just wanted to point out that this little tangent is cute and all, but going back to your original point about how aggression is heightened by excess testosterone.... that's actually a myth smile
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika

No, males just have approx. 800% more of it on average than women do.

Men also have more strength, have a stronger bone structure, have their shoulders at their center of gravity, and were literally programmed to fight.
I'm sure others are going to beat you over the head with this, but nevertheless, not all men are larger than all women. Besides all that, if the military is lowering its standards of men because they're running out of recruits, why the double standard in allowing skinner, shorter men and not women?
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika
Wigwam the Dodo
Henrika
Grapedolf Niggler
Henrika

This may come as a shock to you.... but male and female bodies use these hormones differently! So your point about women have less testosterone is 100% irrelevant. Also, just wanted to point out that this little tangent is cute and all, but going back to your original point about how aggression is heightened by excess testosterone.... that's actually a myth smile
actually testosterone level is very relevant in this case.

Just because you want to pretend it's irrelevant doesn't mean it's irrelevant just because you want it to be.
Maybe you should drop those preconceived notions and pick up a scientific journal once and awhile hmmmm?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff