Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think the age to legally drink should be 18. I mean, if you're old enough to serve your country, you're old enough to drink. I don't really care if it alters your mind or not.
|| - { Your heart is charcoal, smoking black. . . } - ||

Heck no.
I do howerever, believe that alcohol should be able to be sold to people 18 years old.
If someone can go and fight for our country,
Sign important legal papers
& legally have sex with anyone they want,
Then they should be able to drink.

|| - { Why don't you just tie the mattress to your back? } - ||

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
miss_baileey
[Nympho] Whore
I think it should be raised to 21. Except ONE drink (pint beer/glass of wine) with a meal from 16+
People now a days binge drink all the time. Lowering the drinking age is just gonna cause even more road accidents, death from drinking too much.
Plus it isn't a necessity of life, we don't actually need it.

one drink with a meal?
that would never work.

Uhm. In restaurants in the UK, it happens, so long as they have a license for it.
It works.
if the drinking age was 18, it would have some positives.....
Like..... drinking would be less tempting.....
& people believe that if u can vote, if u can join the army, or anyother things that u can do at the age of 18..... Why can't u drink?!

Well if the US wants the drinking age to stiil b 21, & if u want to drink sooo baddly..... well do the world a favor & go to France (No drinking age) & do us another favor & don't drink to much ok.....

Alittle is good for u but alot will lead to deaths.....

I don't drink by the way...
miss_baileey
It is legal in most countries, including mine. I think 21 is ridiculously over bearing.
If you think about it the biggest responsibilty anyone can have in this world is for another life, and the 'legal' age for sex is 16. How can someone EVER be responsible enough to have a child but not be responsible enough to drink alcohol. It's madness.

alcohol is diffrent then having a ******** kid it messes up your brain dumb s**t
No.
Think about how many sick, disorderly teeny boppers are going to be out on the streets.
I mean, as if crime rates aren't high enough already...

x
It all depends on what the culture around the alcohol is. I have spent many summers in Germany, where the drinking age for hard liquor is set at 18, and they seem to turn out all right.

At 16, they are allowed to drink beer and some wines. The thing is, they are taught through out life that beer is a social drink, and not something to just get drunk on. They know how to regulate their drinking. Yes, they do sometimes go out and get drunk just for the fun of it. But, I have not really heard of many problems arising because the 16 years olds can go out and have a beer or two with their friends.

That being said, the people I got to know who were only 17, wanted to get at the heavier stuff. I was always asked to go pick up some drinks from the store, which I flat out refused to do.

Point being, you always want what you can't have.
Tute Sweet
No, I don't think it should be sold to under 18s.

Simply because alcohol should only be consumed responsibly.

If you let teenagers buy it themselves, they can buy as much of it as they like.
It can sometimes difficult for a grown adult to judge when they've had too much alcohol, never mind a teenager whose body and brain are still developing.
Alcohol can be a very dangerous substance, and an excess of it can lead to alcohol poisoning and even death.

That way, by the time they're old enough to buy alcohol for themselves, they will be informed enough to drink responsibly and safely.
Hells yeah it should ! cheese_whine

2,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
miss_baileey
It is legal in most countries, including mine. I think 21 is ridiculously over bearing.
If you think about it the biggest responsibilty anyone can have in this world is for another life, and the 'legal' age for sex is 16. How can someone EVER be responsible enough to have a child but not be responsible enough to drink alcohol. It's madness.

but people buy it for little kids, and then THEY get in trouble. And the kids don't
Pft. People are idiots enough without alchohol at that age... give them something to bring out that idiocracy and you have hit and runs on skateboards.

People need to grow up before they can drink something that could potentially harm them. It's called responsibility.
thebocesman
I think the age to legally drink should be 18. I mean, if you're old enough to serve your country, you're old enough to drink. I don't really care if it alters your mind or not.

Yah, say that to the drunk driver who rams one of your family members head on into a brick wall. Just remember, you're the one who said you didn't care if it altered his mind, so you better not be mad at him. rolleyes

Seriously, I'm not one to agree with 18 year olds joining the army, because, lets face it, most 18 year olds are idiots. However, that should not be an excuse to be able to drink.
Personally, I think it should be lowered to 18.

I think that if teens were able to get it at 18, then the risk factor would be reduced because it wouldn't be as cool if it wasn't illegal anymore. Less people drink in their twenties than when they were teens simply because it isn't as fun anymore because now they can do it.

Another reason I think it should be lowered is because at 18 you are considered an adult, you should be able to drink. If you can vote, join the army, get married, you should be able to drink too. It just makes sense.

As for an increase in accidents because of teenagers drinking-I hope that is what happens. Natural selection-yo. Less drunk assholes passing their genes on to the next generation. If they kill innocent ppl while they are drunk, then that's different. I don't want that to happen. But I can't feel empathy for anyone who is drunk and then go behind the wheel. I'm just not capable of it. I dont' care what age they are.
Naruto Man 9
miss_baileey

alcohol is diffrent then having a ******** kid it messes up your brain dumb s**t

Having a kid requires more responsibility than drinking, what I am saying, if you had read it clearly, is that if someone is responsible enough to care for another life then they should be responsible for making their own choices about drinking alcohol.
Alcohol does not always 'mess up your brain', I dont really know where you got that from. Someone could have one or two drinks and be completley fine. Dont be so ignorant and accept the bullshit you are fed.
Where i live the drinking age is set to 18, and that is for the reason that first then your body can fully handle it, it might do before that depending on who you are but not everyone, but by 18 everyone can. so then the line is set there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff