Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

Opinion/Story Time!

For nearly 5 years I've been growing my hair out. As a sophomore in high school I had a short hair style that went along with my then emo/scene fashion preference, but once I hit junior year I began the process of growing my hair out, wanting to appear more mature and having outgrown my previous styling preferences.

So now I have my hair to slightly longer than mid-back with the tips brushing the small of my back, but I'm starting to want short hair again, and I mean SHORT. I know its a huge commitment as once you go that short, getting any length again is a long process and to get it to where I am now would take, again, years. There's also the aspect of being able to pull it off in real life, regardless of what a photoshopped photo of myself may look like. Plus I really like all of the options I have with the long hair I have currently.

Here's my Tumblr post on the subject with pictures.

So to pixie or not to pixie? That is the question I have for you today. I want to hear your opinions of short hair, me with short hair, your short hair, etc.

Tipsy Kitten

You're probably going to want to head on over to the RL fashion sub.
You'll probably get more help there.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
keep it long. your facial structure seems a bit more masculine than what is desirable for a pixie :C

but not like it would look terrible, but you'd probably look like a boy more than would be comfortable for you lol

Spoopy Kitten

Oliva the Bootstrapper
keep it long. your facial structure seems a bit more masculine than what is desirable for a pixie :C

I agree that you have some masculine features in your face, but theres no way i would think you were a boy unless you have a fairly deep voice. If you dont mind the occasional misgendering from people who believe only boys have short hair, then go for the shorter haircut! I think it fits nicely with your face

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
xChibi Cannibalx
Oliva the Bootstrapper

I agree that you have some masculine features in your face, but theres no way i would think you were a boy unless you have a fairly deep voice. If you dont mind the occasional misgendering from people who believe only boys have short hair, then go for the shorter haircut! I think it fits nicely with your face
like i don't mean people are gonna be like "hey thats a dude!" it should be fairly obvious that she's not. I've had a pixie cut, and i loved it to death, and i was hella cute, except i did look boyish and while i looked like a female, and there was no actual confusion, there is some of those looks you get that are like "why does she look like a dude..."

does that make sense? lmao

Spoopy Kitten

Oliva the Bootstrapper
xChibi Cannibalx
Oliva the Bootstrapper

like i don't mean people are gonna be like "hey thats a dude!" it should be fairly obvious that she's not. I've had a pixie cut, and i loved it to death, and i was hella cute, except i did look boyish and while i looked like a female, and there was no actual confusion, there is some of those looks you get that are like "why does she look like a dude..."

I have a feminine face but easily pull of short haircuts. Im queer so my outfits often fluctuate with my mood/gender. But, even in my obvious girl mood, aka wearing a skirt, ive been genedered as a boy because of my super short hair. Id like to add, i also have DDs and dont hide them when im ina girly mood, and i still get genedered as a male because of my hair burning_eyes Some people are just stuck to old gender stereotypes

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I think women who pull off short hair look amaaaazing. I could never do anything shorter than a short bob. I recently went scissor happy with my hair and cut off like 50% of the thickness, and I'm considering going back to really short hair. I've had extremely long hair only once, when I was 17. It was past my elbows but was very damaged because I had bleached pastel hair.

If you want to do it, you should def go for it. Hair grows back smile !

Generous Poster

Lame attempt to get people to go to your tumble thing.

But anyway, if you want my honest opinion, I think more guys than not won't find short hair appealing. It's not for everyone.

However, the ones that like it...love it. I have a huge thing for girls with short hair. As in I will stop on the street and stare, girls with short hair is something that has always appealed to me. Not all girls can pull it off either, your features have to be right for it.

It's really up to you, but while you're young it's the best time to experiment with hair.

Bashful Businesswoman

Cut it short.
Short hair is da bomb, trust me.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
xChibi Cannibalx
Oliva the Bootstrapper
xChibi Cannibalx
Oliva the Bootstrapper

I have a feminine face but easily pull of short haircuts. Im queer so my outfits often fluctuate with my mood/gender. But, even in my obvious girl mood, aka wearing a skirt, ive been genedered as a boy because of my super short hair. Id like to add, i also have DDs and dont hide them when im ina girly mood, and i still get genedered as a male because of my hair burning_eyes Some people are just stuck to old gender stereotypes
i never really got people thinking i was actually a dude, sometimes i looked in the mirror and i was like "huh i look like a scene skater guy today oops" but i always wear tight pants and this booty is bodacious so it never actually was a problem.

but can you do me a huge favor and visit my "born as a man or woman you dont get to choose" thread?

i find it interesting that you sway between male and female looks. i really think that you are the epitome of what i think is logical to do when you're trans.

Sugary Cat

I dont think a pixie would suit you tbh. Keep it long or get a bob if you want to cut it short smile

Bashful Bookworm

Honestly, almost everyone can pull off short hair, it's just a matter of what style looks good on you.
Start with a longer cut, and then gradually cut it shorter and shorter.
That way if you decide something looks good, you can stop there.

I shaved both sides and the back of my head, and am trying to grow it out.
I love it shaved, and so badly want to go back to that.
But I also want my hair longer for a bit of time as well.
It's hard growing it out.

Shy Elder

I totally agree with Stephnananana.
Got my pixie a few weeks ago and I can honestly say that this has been one of my best decisions hair-wise. One really good thing about pixies is that it makes you look a lot more fashionable. (I'm a sweatpants person but.. My hair might make people think that I know what I'm doing : DD) Plus it's easier to maintain and style than long hair imo.
Anyway, everybody can pull short hair off no matter what their face shape is. There's a lot of different short styles and you just have to find one that keeps your face/hair in a certain harmony??? If that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff