Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Please, discuss. I'm currently doing research on them and I'm looking for other people's experiences or information. Thank you.

wahmbulance NOTE: Please keep a level of maturity wahmbulance

PS. No, I'm not schizophrenic, I've gone through many MANY tests to try and figure this out, and all results say I'm fine. I'm also not on any drugs. I do keep a level head when processing the information and seeing if there is a logical explanation. When I do see them, I'm one of the ones who is able to look at them straight forward and not out the sides of my eyes.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is what I have on them so far.

twisted Appearance: Looks like a shadow that's shaped like a man, sometimes with glowing eyes, which are always red, but other than that they have no features. Most seem to be tall, around 7-8 feet, but I've heard of them beeing smaller. Some accounts say that they've seen one wearing a hat, but I've yet to see this myself (Knock on wood, it's probably a good thing) They range from giving a gas-like form to a solid, and most seem to be 2-D, but they can be 3-D (which is what I normally see) and they are able to shapeshift.

evil Temperment: THE MOVE -VERY- FAST!! Most people only get to catch a glimps or two of them, which they seem to prefer. Few panick if you do see them. They are known to give off a grim or menacing aura and to attack or chase people. They seem to be able to aquire information and listen/respond to the people around them. Shadow People don't give off a feeling of being alive at some point like a ghost does. Also, on a somewhat amazing note, they seem to have a personality and some form of sympathy? They are mind boggling.

arrow Location: They are said to reside anywhere, mostly in homes though. They "glide" along walls and seem to gather in commonly traveled areas, such as hallways and family rooms.

exclaim Extra: When they pass through you, you "black out" temporarily, like when you've stood up too quickly and you feel like you're suffocating. They also seem to be studying us.
akunekonoshi
Please, discuss. I'm currently doing research on them and I'm looking for other people's experiences or information. Thank you.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is what I have on them so far.

twisted Appearance: Looks like a shadow that's shaped like a man, sometimes with glowing eyes, which are always red, but other than that they have no features. Most seem to be tall, around 7-8 feet, but I've heard of them beeing smaller. Some accounts say that they've seen one wearing a hat, but I've yet to see this myself (Knock on wood, it's probably a good thing) They range from giving a gas-like form to a solid, and most seem to be 2-D, but they can be 3-D (which is what I normally see) and they are able to shapeshift.

evil Temperment: THE MOVE -VERY- FAST!! Most people only get to catch a glimps or two of them, which they seem to prefer. Few panick if you do see them. They are known to give off a grim or menacing aura and to attack or chase people. They seem to be able to aquire information and listen/respond to the people around them. Shadow People don't give off a feeling of being alive at some point like a ghost does. Also, on a somewhat amazing note, they seem to have a personality and some form of sympathy? They are mind boggling.

arrow Location: They are said to reside anywhere, mostly in homes though. They "glide" along walls and seem to gather in commonly traveled areas, such as hallways and family rooms.

exclaim Extra: When they pass through you, you "black out" temporarily, like when you've stood up too quickly and you feel like you're suffocating. They also seem to be studying us.

Go to your doctor and ask for some Schzophrenia medication, guranteed you'll stop believing in this crap.
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid or something, but for some reason I see fast shadows from the corners of my eyes or catch a glimpes of it from time to time. Could that be a shadow person?
It's also a common term used to describe a reoccurring experience people who use LSD, mushrooms, and other drugs that make you hallucinate have.

It's creepy that so many people who trip experience shadow people.

There are theories that these shadow people are other beings, from a separate reality, and are only seen by people who can bridge the realities by using hallucinogenic drugs, or are sensitive to paranormal activities, or in a paranormally sensitive place.

These are all theories I've read, not my own, and I don't really believe them, though I know it's a common occurrence for people to see shadow people.

EDIT:My personal belief is that humans make things out to be other humans. (Like we see faces in everything.) I personally have a mild form of HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder), which is caused by recreational drug use, and I see things all the time.

Like stars falling from the ceiling, bubbles, animals out of the corner of my eyes, walls moving, etc.

Fashionable Phantom

User Image T N Biscuitz says User Image
Somebody has been watching too much Doctor Who, and reading too many Terry Goodkind books.

User ImageThere's a song inside my soul... it's the one that I've tried to write over and over again...

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
thebocesman
akunekonoshi

Go to your doctor and ask for some Schzophrenia medication, guranteed you'll stop believing in this crap.

I have. I've gone through extensive testing and they say there's nothing wrong with me. I'm also not on drugs.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
darlenesouls
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid or something, but for some reason I see fast shadows from the corners of my eyes or catch a glimpes of it from time to time. Could that be a shadow person?

Depends on if you turn and there's something there that could of caused the glimpse. If not, than maybe.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
T N Biscuitz
User Image T N Biscuitz says User Image
Somebody has been watching too much Doctor Who, and reading too many Terry Goodkind books.

User ImageThere's a song inside my soul... it's the one that I've tried to write over and over again...

Don't even know who you're talking about.

Tipsy Genius

I've seen this figures...and mistaken them for demons. It's just as you described...2-D, solid black with red eyes, almost unreal. My mom has seen them as well. I was much younger however. I was not on drugs and never have been but schizophrenia runs in my family.

edit: I'm not schizo but there is a likely-hood i may be "triggered" or develop it or even that that is partly the reason.
this is a joke, right? neutral

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Dr Pen0r
this is a joke, right? neutral

Absolutely not. Many people have reported them

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I remember seeing one, I was coming home and I just entered the door and from the corner of my eye I saw a shadow of a person standing at the top of the stairs, but when I actually looked there was nothing there.

For those of you calling it 'crap', go somewhere else.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
-[Toxic Jello]-
I've seen this figures...and mistaken them for demons. It's just as you described...2-D, solid black with red eyes, almost unreal. My mom has seen them as well. I was much younger however. I was not on drugs and never have been but schizophrenia runs in my family.

edit: I'm not schizo but there is a likely-hood i may be "triggered" or develop it or even that that is partly the reason.

One thing I question about schizophrenia is when more than one person reports seeing the same thing. How could two separate minds see the same thing if it wasn't there?

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
GeneralSephirothValentine
For those of you calling it 'crap', go somewhere else.

Thank you. heart
Now I'm creeped out....
(And on a completely random note, I love your sig)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff