With Tourists D: 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 1 ]
Other 0.34042553191489 34.0% [ 16 ]
I don't have to deal with customers :D 0.21276595744681 21.3% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Liberal Receiver

sinfully_cute
Jason0690
My husband used to work at a piercing and tattoo shop.
Apparently a lot of women don't know the difference between a hood and a c**t peircing ._.

One time, when I was there just chilling(we both knew the owner and he was cool with me being there.) a woman came in an asked how much a c**t piercing was. The owner's brother looked at her and sighed "Do you mean a hood piercing?"
And she flipped her s**t on him. Claiming that he treated her like an idiot, and eventually saying that he called her one.
He just sighed again and pulled a book out from under the counter and opened it to a c**t piercing, and asked if she really wanted a "c**t piercing".
She looked shocked and said 'That's not what I want at all!"
Then he flipped the page over to a hood piercing and said "Then you do mean a hood piercing."

Apparently that wasn't the first time that happened.

eek How do you act like that to someone who's about to pierce your freaking genitals??

I'm always extra nice to piercers/tattoo artists.

******** if I know. But he was the resident tattoo artist, who doubled as the booker. So at least she didn't piss off the guy who'd be taking sharp things to her ladybits xp

Liberal Bibliophile

Let it go, let these stories go.

It's therapeutic.

Vampiric Knight

I do not have any stories personally, but the one time I worked at a summer camp (Girl Scouts), a parent tried to convince another counselor that her daughter was "just fine" and wouldn't cause any problems...WHEN SHE HAD SCABIES. gonk

Needless to say, her daughter was not permitted to come to camp for a week. Dunno if they got a refund for it or not.

That said, I feel like most of the people in this thread would enjoy this site: http://notalwaysright.com/
I worked at a grocery store from January 2009-August 2013, and have a lot of experiences.

One grotesquely overweight man and woman came in, wanted 2 chicken tender meal deals (12 piece chicken tender, box of large wedges, and a one pound salad) Woman wants to replace one of the large potato wedges and have a large 3 pound salad for one of the meals instead of the small salad. I said I couldn't do replacements for orders because the computer system will not let me and I can't just "make the difference" in price that she wanted me to do. I tried explaining that we can not alter the meal deals and they are what they are. She was screaming about it and when I tried explaining to her calm husband the situation because the woman was ballistic she accused me of "yelling" at her husband because I was trying to talk over her. She finally accepted that the meal was the way is comes, and I cooked it all fresh for her, when she saw that the price was over $25 she screamed and said it was too expensive and they walked out. This same couple has routinely done this MULTIPLE times to a few staff from my department and has since been banned.

We got a do it yourself coffee dispenser machine at the deli, and this French guy ordered an espresso without realizing that an espresso was basically just a shot and not the whole cup, and wanted his money back. I opened up the machine and retrieved his $2. After trying to explain that the espresso was in fact, just a shot, he said the machine must have malfunctioned and ordered it again. Low and behold, another shot came out. I told him if he ordered a coffee, cappuccino or latte he would get his full cups worth of coffee. He called me useless, and threw his piping hot espresso at me. I was trying to explain the situation to a concerned coworker, and he went apeshit for "talking s**t about a customer" and stormed out.

The pizza that we served came in 4 choices: Pepperoni, deluxe (pepperoni, peppers, onions, mushrooms) veggie, and cheese. This lady came in and went apeshit over not having "extras" Like ********, go across the street where there's an actual pizza joint. Anyways, she got the manager to come over and yelled at him because she wanted zucchini, sundried tomatoes and olives on hers. He said to go do it because she obviously wasn't going anywhere, so we ended up having to stay an hour past her shift to do all that for her. At least she had to wait for an hour and a half for her soggy a** pizza (all the stuff she wanted came from a can and I didn't give a ********, I spilled all the juices onto it, and charged her an extra dollar per extra topping.)

The store opened at 7:00 am, but this day the manager opened the doors like 10 minutes early. It was 6:50 and this obese woman came in wanting a bucket of fried chicken in a meal combo RIGHT NOW. I explained to her that I had to set up the deep fryer, wash the bottoms, change the filter, and wait for it to heat up after turning it on. My shift started at 7, and I was just there 15 minutes prior to that, and obviously wouldn't have had the time to do such a thing already because we actually don't cook food until 10:30 at the earliest. She want apeshit as well, and asked the manager why she hires such lazy, stupid and incompetent staff.

There are more stories than this, but this is all I feel like typing.
i worked at speedway for 2 years

i could right a ******** novel

Liberal Bibliophile

deeluxe
i worked at speedway for 2 years

i could right a ******** novel

My roommate works at Winnie the Pooh and Teacups, and the s**t she has seen is unbelievable.

The biggest problem they have at Pooh is that there are no cameras (it's the original building) and people tend to get up or off the ride. They don't even know it's happening until someone mentions it at unload, "I saw this person just walking around with the heffalumps and woozles. Is that supposed to happen?" Or even worse they like to pick up their child and lift them up to do the 'Lion King'.

The Lion King is done mostly at Dumbo according to cast members. Yeah, just lift your kid where he/she could drop like 20 feet onto concrete.

Liberal Bibliophile

Devoted Pirate

It was one of my first times waitressing. At the place I worked at, a small mom n' pop diner, we only had a blender to make milkshakes - a legit kitchen blender. So I made this old lady a milkshake made it look nice, sprinkles and a cherry on top (I like s**t like that) and she just started going off on me for being so selfish as to not bring her the extra in the silver cup I made it in. I was 17 and I didn't know what the ******** she was talking about. I spent a good 5min trying to explain to her I made it in a regular kitchen blender. She was having none of it. So my boss comes over and sorts it out, while I walk away in tears.

Looking back at it, and having served her several times after, the dumb old c**t likes making waitresses cry. I ******** hate that b***h and hope she dies and her ******** cats (she reaks of cat piss) eat her face off.

Greedy Informer

I just got my first job at Burger King, so this thread is scaring me!
What is it about fast food places that makes people so inconsiderate?

Wheezing Bunny

I feel your pain .
I used to work in an ice cream shop . A small one with tables and stuff . I remember this group of kids who nearly wrecked one of the tables (playing god knows what), and just leaves their trash and junk all over their table . Literally all over . The tables, around the table, the chairs, blah . And the trash bin is just 3 steps away from them . What's worse about this is that the trash from what they ate didn't even come from out shop . They ate food from a sandwich shop . And the most bothersome note, their parents came in a few minutes later to eat there too . Still not food from our shop . And the whole family just left the whole table looking like a tornado hit it .

Sure, we the employees were expected to clean this up .
But, really family? Really?

The Underground Man

I don't know where it came from, but the general populace seems to believe that people that work in fast food, food service in general for the most part (servers), retail, etc.. type jobs are poorly educated and going nowhere with their lives.
Personally, I took some post-secondary, have the training/education necessary to be a legal assistant, work as a secretary or receptionist, etc.. type jobs but would rather work retail. At this point in my life, I am seriously happier working as a cashier than I am working in an office. Yeah, maybe the pay isn't as great and maybe there isn't as much room for advancement, but if I can live comfortably and be happy doing such, why shouldn't I do such?

You are going to have to deal with quite a few assholes, with cranky people, etc.. You're also going to very likely meet some amazing people. You will most likely laugh and cry. Just remember to keep on smiling and tell yourself that it's not your fault that the customer is being rude

Greedy Informer

~Akiono-Chan~

Thank you so much for the advice! smile
The Underground Man

I honestly think that a lot of people feel like because it is our job to serve them, they are not obligated to bother with basic social niceties. I think some people don't actually see us as people, either.

If your work is anything like mine, you are going to meet some down-right nasty people. You are going to have to learn to keep a calm demeanor, even when people are berating you for things that aren't your fault. But you are also going to meet some really friendly/nice people, as well. People who are a breathe of fresh air when you see them walk in. I once had a customer give me one of those over-sized cookies from a store because they bad for me working on a holiday.

When customers are rude to me at work, my tone and demeanor just get more-and-more over the top polite. This either calms them down, or pisses them off even more. Either way, I keep my reputation of always being nice to customers, and my managers can see that the customer's complaints against me are pretty much b.s.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff