Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Consumer

Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji
I heard this was a cut from a video on child trafficking. The children get tattoos before they're old enough to be abducted, so that in the event they're later rescued they can be reunited with their family instead of placed in foster care.

Dunno how true it is, but I'm going to believe it because my mind just doesn't understand voluntarily inflicting pain on your child to make them pretty.
But if that's the case they should just CHIP them. D: Much less harm in the long run.

Finding someone to microchip your kid for a quick $20 is a lot harder than finding someone who will tattoo them for the same amount.
Bishiglomper
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji
I heard this was a cut from a video on child trafficking. The children get tattoos before they're old enough to be abducted, so that in the event they're later rescued they can be reunited with their family instead of placed in foster care.

Dunno how true it is, but I'm going to believe it because my mind just doesn't understand voluntarily inflicting pain on your child to make them pretty.
But if that's the case they should just CHIP them. D: Much less harm in the long run.

you really think so? i'd much rather be tattooed than chipped.

the video was pretty horrible and sad to watch, but i think its really weird how everyone is so against this and not against circumcision. i guess its just a cultural acceptance thing.

But a chip wouldn't be painful and wouldn't be visible. They should barely be bigger than a grain of rice, and be hidden under the skin. I mean, when the kid hits adulthood, he might have a hard time getting a job because of a tattoo. And I can only imagine the kind of attention he'll get because of it until he grows up.

They usually only do circumcision on babies, before they remember it and they're all the way sensitive. And circumcision is usually a religion thing. But other than that, I think some people would do it because there are some benefits to doing it. I remember my friend talking about it, I think she had her son circumcised to avoid potential problems. But yes, some of it is cultural acceptance. People have started piercing their babies ears. I hate it, but it doesn't hurt the baby any if they do it right.

At the risk of diverting this into a different discussion, I have to say people who use the 'potential benefits' argument to validate cutting off part of their son's p***s make me wonder if they shouldn't have been sterilized at puberty. They're clearly going to not bother teaching safe sex practices, because they ignorantly believe not having a foreskin is good enough to keep them from getting an STD. I wonder if they will demand that for their daughters to reduce the risks of cancers and STD's since there is more skin on the v****a (in regards to the inner and outer labia) and its moist too, making it the 'perfect breeding ground' for things.

Girls are notorious for not wiping and washing properly, which is why they end up with yeast infections and UTIs so often. The 'reasons' are ridiculous, its just a parent's ignorance and naivety to give into the financial needs of doctors who want that extra money from them. Most insurances do not pay for it so its an out of pocket expense of anywhere from 300-1,000 dollars depending on where you live.

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

I think that its a cultural thing and I would be more outraged if it happened here in the States, England or in Canada. But in places such as Cuba they have to do what they can to protect themselves and their little ones. Things are completely different in those poorer areas. A lot of them probably can't just go somewhere and pay the amount it would cost to CHIP their kid. So they result to tattoos. It doesn't make it right but this kind of this is the reality of their situation. I'm also thinking that only lucky ones get the tattoos..... isn't that sad?

We take for granted all we have and that our lives are much easier compared to people having to deal with human trafficking. It doesn't mean that the things they do in their culture is right or acceptable in ours but ours isn't theirs either. You would think differently if you were there. Your views on many things would change. You can say that it won't but it likely will because what you know would be different.

Once I had to read a book in English class in high school called Peace Child. It is a missionary story about a guy who went to a remote place in Africa where there are tribes. He described in great detail the deception, the lies, and the backstabbing that occurs between the tribes that live there. Most of them do not have clothes, they sell each other, kill each other and the children use their dead siblings skulls as toys. One scene was so graphically describing the child and the skull he was playing with. I couldn't finish the book and it was the only literature assignment I did poorly on since I could barely read it without vomiting...

User Image
How can you measure up?

MiameMiame
WHlTE TlGER 2
MiameMiame
I don't have problems with circumcision. If people want to circumcise their child that is on them. Somehow it disturbs me how much people get caught up in little children their penises neutral .
I don't really know how I feel about this video though. neutral

Except it not on them. It's not their body to do whatever they want with. There are no medical advantages. They have no right to modify their children's penises because they think it looks better or for their religious views. It disturbs me that anyone couldn't have a problem it. The babies can't defend themselves so thankfully more and more people are getting caught up in it.
It is their child still and I think good parents will make responsible decisions. There are medical advantages. I will quote a few things;
Quote:
"The health benefits of male circumcision include a drop in the risk of urinary tract infection in the first year of life by up to 90 percent," she says.

Quote:
"It drops the risk of heterosexual HIV acquisition by about 60 percent. It drops the risk of human papillomavirus [HPV], herpes virus and other infectious genital ulcers," she says.

Quote:
It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer.

I personally wouldn't circumcise my child (if I would have one) though. Like said; I don't think it's my business what other people do with their child's genitals.

First, UTI's.. there is a 1-3% chance that ALL males, regardless of the state of their p***s, will get a UTI, whereas there is a 10% or greater risk for girls. So we need to remove the labia from all newborn girls to reduce the risk for them. Second, the HIV studies... please for the love of goddess do NOT use a study that was stopped because they were unable to continue it, and even states, according to the WHO, that it is ONLY effective on ADULT sexually active males where there is an extremely high rate of heterosexual infections. Do you know what country fits this? Africa. That's right, the country where the studies were done is the ONLY country that fits the WHO's criteria.

Goddess, how can people be so damn gullible? If a doctor told you that removing the foreskin would stop your kid from having epilepsy I'm sure you'd believe that lie too.

Not to mention the fact that if what the people who are losing money by the reduction in MGM are saying was true then the rest of thew world would have extremely high rates of all the things they claim MGM prevents. Since the rest of the world doesn't, only someone who is extremely gullible and ethnocentric, thinking that the US is the only country in existence, would believe what is being said.

When I see people believing the latest scare tactics 'HPV', it makes me shake my head. All one has to do is type in 'what causes HPV' and you will see that NOWHERE does it state 'Having sex with an uncircumcised man'. It states having multiple PARTNERS increases your risk. You know what fixes that? Either not having multiple partners or using a condom. If you're having unprotected sex with someone under the belief that them having a mutilated d**k is going to stop you from getting HPV or HIV then you're an idiot.

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
This video is a year old, shot in Cuba. It was uploaded by the childs father and has nothing to do with child ttrafficking. Manoly, the tattoo artist, is giving this poor 2 year old a 666 tattoo because of a new widespread religious/cult following of some guy claiming to be the antichrist.

Snazzy dressed top men of the internet were already all on this.
MiameMiame
WHlTE TlGER 2
MiameMiame
I don't have problems with circumcision. If people want to circumcise their child that is on them. Somehow it disturbs me how much people get caught up in little children their penises neutral .

Except it not on them. It's not their body to do whatever they want with. There are no medical advantages. They have no right to modify their children's penises because they think it looks better or for their religious views. It disturbs me that anyone couldn't have a problem it. The babies can't defend themselves so thankfully more and more people are getting caught up in it.
It is their child still and I think good parents will make responsible decisions. There are medical advantages. I will quote a few things;
Quote:
"The health benefits of male circumcision include a drop in the risk of urinary tract infection in the first year of life by up to 90 percent," she says.

Quote:
"It drops the risk of heterosexual HIV acquisition by about 60 percent. It drops the risk of human papillomavirus [HPV], herpes virus and other infectious genital ulcers," she says.

Quote:
It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer.

I personally wouldn't circumcise my child (if I would have one) though. Like said; I don't think it's my business what other people do with their child's genitals.

Then you're fine with someone raping or molesting their child too. After all, its none of your business what other people do with their child's genitals. Or are you a hypocrite?

Liberal Fatcat

If I were that tattoo artist, I would rather turn down those customers and lose some money in the process, rather than ink a child that doesnt know whats going on and is terrified.
N e o n Heaven

Now you tell me what you think of this.

This actually frustrated me to the point of tears. I have never wanted to hurt someone so badly in my life, until now.

Let's call it what it is............. CHILD ABUSE!

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

I don't think there's enough information to draw a logical conclusion. It's not just a matter of "omg a baby is crying, stop them!!"

Where is this? It's probably not the US since that's illegal and that appeared to be a legit shop.
Why are they tattooing their child? Perhaps there's an actual reason.
What is the tattoo of? It didn't appear to be some frivolous design.

Dangerous Hunter

10,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Well, that's illegal unless it's a family member doing the tattoo. But yeah, tattoos are a personal choice and these people just branded their child forever. Some people's kids, I tell ya.

Sugary Cat

Queen of Mercury
MiameMiame
WHlTE TlGER 2
MiameMiame

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First, UTI's.. there is a 1-3% chance that ALL males, regardless of the state of their p***s, will get a UTI, whereas there is a 10% or greater risk for girls. So we need to remove the labia from all newborn girls to reduce the risk for them. Second, the HIV studies... please for the love of goddess do NOT use a study that was stopped because they were unable to continue it, and even states, according to the WHO, that it is ONLY effective on ADULT sexually active males where there is an extremely high rate of heterosexual infections. Do you know what country fits this? Africa. That's right, the country where the studies were done is the ONLY country that fits the WHO's criteria.

Goddess, how can people be so damn gullible? If a doctor told you that removing the foreskin would stop your kid from having epilepsy I'm sure you'd believe that lie too.

Not to mention the fact that if what the people who are losing money by the reduction in MGM are saying was true then the rest of thew world would have extremely high rates of all the things they claim MGM prevents. Since the rest of the world doesn't, only someone who is extremely gullible and ethnocentric, thinking that the US is the only country in existence, would believe what is being said.

When I see people believing the latest scare tactics 'HPV', it makes me shake my head. All one has to do is type in 'what causes HPV' and you will see that NOWHERE does it state 'Having sex with an uncircumcised man'. It states having multiple PARTNERS increases your risk. You know what fixes that? Either not having multiple partners or using a condom. If you're having unprotected sex with someone under the belief that them having a mutilated d**k is going to stop you from getting HPV or HIV then you're an idiot.

I don't know if you read what I posted but I said I personally wouldn't circumcise my child (if I would have one) though.
I am not removing anyone's forskin. Someone said that there are no medical advantages to circumcision and I posted a source and a study that said different. Whether you believe the study or not it's not my problem.
I know about having protected sex. I said:
Quote:
It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer
I never said that having a circumcised p***s is going to be some magical shield protecting you from HPV/HIV. It said it reduces the chances so in other words there is still a chance of getting HPV/HIV
I will state once again; I have no problem with people circumcising their child as long as they think they are making a responsible decision. I am entitled an opinion, as you are entitled to your opinion. No need to get so enraged lol .

Blessed Prophet

That's seriously ******** up.

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Well it's bad and good but mostly bad.

Bad
Very unnessary of conflicting pain upon a child.

Good
Easier to identify if the toddler got lost, or kidnapped.

Sugary Cat

Queen of Mercury
MiameMiame
WHlTE TlGER 2
MiameMiame

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Then you're fine with someone raping or molesting their child too. After all, its none of your business what other people do with their child's genitals. Or are you a hypocrite?
lol Oh you.
Queen of Mercury
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji

you really think so? i'd much rather be tattooed than chipped.

the video was pretty horrible and sad to watch, but i think its really weird how everyone is so against this and not against circumcision. i guess its just a cultural acceptance thing.

I'd love for you to prove the bold. Not that you can because even in this thread someone has already said its as bad as MGM. And since I am against all forms of genital mutilation, regardless of gender, and think that those parents need to experience the equivalent of his pain, meaning such agony that they are screaming from it like he was... I'd say I just proved you wrong.

sorry, but two people both agreeing that this is just as bad as circumcision doesn't prove me wrong. if all the people on gaia agreed that it was just as bad as circumcisions, that wouldn't prove me wrong either. look at the facts, very few people tattoo their children while circumcision is very common throughout the muslim world, south asia, africa, israel, and the us. if so many people think that circumcision is so bad than why do all these different cultures advocate for it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff