Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Pirate

No self respecting, or for that matter, professional, tattoo artist would ink a child. I worry for the child's health as given this most likely isn't a professional, the safety of the needles and ink.

Sugary Cat

I don't have problems with circumcision. If people want to circumcise their child that is on them. Somehow it disturbs me how much people get caught up in little children their penises neutral .
I don't really know how I feel about this video though. neutral

Devoted Pirate

Bishiglomper

They usually only do circumcision on babies, before they remember it and they're all the way sensitive. And circumcision is usually a religion thing.

Fun fact: Male infants feel more pain in a circ than their adult counterparts for several reasons. First reason, male infants are not able to take oral pain killers (like advil, or even narcotic pain meds like vicoden).

Secondly, infants most likely experience MORE pain than an adult human.

Wiki on the matter
The present understanding of pain in babies is largely due to the recognition that the fetal and newborn unmyelinated nerve fibres are capable of relaying information, albeit slower than would be the case with myelinated fibres. At birth a baby has developed the neural pathways for nociception and for experiencing pain, but the pain responses are an immature version of that of an adult. There are a number of differences in both nerve structure and in the quality and extent of nerve response which are considered to be pertinent to understanding neonatal pain.[3][4]

The nerves of young babies respond more readily to noxious stimuli, with a lower threshold to stimulation, than those of adults. A baby's threshold for sensitisation is also substantially decreased, whilst the process involves a much larger area of sensitisation with each trauma.[5] The neural pathways that descend from the brain to the spinal cord are not well developed in the newborn, resulting in the ability of the central nervous system to inhibit nociception being more limited than in the adult.[6]

There are also indication that the neonate's nervous system may be much more active than that of an adult, in terms of transforming its connections and central nerve pathways in response to stimuli. The ongoing process of neural pathway development, involving both structural and chemical changes of the nervous system, have been shown to be affected by pain events, both in the short term and potentially into adult life.[5]
Wiki on the matter of pain and infants

Third the justification of "they won't remember it" is NOT logically sound. This leaves open the disturbing loophole that raping, or maiming an infant is okay because they won't remember it.

Also incorrect is your assumption circ is a religious thing. While it is partially a religious ceremony for some, most infant circ's in the US are for no purpose. They are elective, cosmetic and serve little to no medical function.

Also incorrect is your assumption they only preform circ's at birth. Hardly. Men, of age, have consented upon circ's all over the world.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Seems to me that most people don't take into account the situation these people are in.
From what i've heard the children are tattooed so their parents can find them if they are abducted.
As sad as it is that they have to tattoo them, its to help the child out by giving it a mark so it can be told apart.

Tipsy Prophet

I've read that in some places around the world it is a very common, cultural practice. That doesn't ease my rage about it, though. Same thing with piercing an infants ears. I don't agree with it. I've had friends ask me to do their baby's ears and part of me was glad that they came to me, a professional, over taking them to a damn piercing pagoda or Claire's. Still, I told them no, but would be more than happy to do it when the kid is older. I pierced my sister's ears when she was four, but she asked for it. I waited until she was old enough to say, "Yes, I want it, and I understand that it will hurt." She took it like a champ, too! Didn't scream or cry or anything. Oh, the ice cream feast she had afterwards! Lol But, back on point, I believe that there are cultural things here that don't mesh with our/my ethical views and thus makes it hard to agree or disagree in an unbiased way. Who's to say that in other places of the world this wouldn't matter at all? But, I can't look past my own cultural upbringing and be disgusted...

Friendly Warlord

N e o n Heaven
Ravyn457
I saw this video on the news a few days ago. Is it legit?

100% and it makes me sick, I hope someone identifies her and beats the ever loving ******** out of her.
Agreed. Not to mention stab the tattoo artist in the eye for even doing it.

Devoted Worshipper

9,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Feminist Barbie
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji
I heard this was a cut from a video on child trafficking. The children get tattoos before they're old enough to be abducted, so that in the event they're later rescued they can be reunited with their family instead of placed in foster care.

Dunno how true it is, but I'm going to believe it because my mind just doesn't understand voluntarily inflicting pain on your child to make them pretty.
But if that's the case they should just CHIP them. D: Much less harm in the long run.

you really think so? i'd much rather be tattooed than chipped.

the video was pretty horrible and sad to watch, but i think its really weird how everyone is so against this and not against circumcision. i guess its just a cultural acceptance thing.

Chip is hidden, a tattoo you can change or just plain cut off.

A chip can also be scanned and removed.
Feminist Barbie
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji
I heard this was a cut from a video on child trafficking. The children get tattoos before they're old enough to be abducted, so that in the event they're later rescued they can be reunited with their family instead of placed in foster care.

Dunno how true it is, but I'm going to believe it because my mind just doesn't understand voluntarily inflicting pain on your child to make them pretty.
But if that's the case they should just CHIP them. D: Much less harm in the long run.

the video was pretty horrible and sad to watch, but i think its really weird how everyone is so against this and not against circumcision. i guess its just a cultural acceptance thing.

Chip is hidden, a tattoo you can change or just plain cut off.

exactly, it'd be way harder to remove the chip and chances are you wouldn't even know its there as a kid. people would be able to track you throughout your life.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I'd be bullshit if that was me as a kid. I hate the idea of tattoos, and I DO love my art in all forms. I bet the mother treated the kid to a cigarette, a bong, and five shots of whiskey as a reward for being a "good boy" too. Great ******** parenting.
Bishiglomper
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji

But a chip wouldn't be painful and wouldn't be visible. They should barely be bigger than a grain of rice, and be hidden under the skin. I mean, when the kid hits adulthood, he might have a hard time getting a job because of a tattoo. And I can only imagine the kind of attention he'll get because of it until he grows up.

They usually only do circumcision on babies, before they remember it and they're all the way sensitive. And circumcision is usually a religion thing. But other than that, I think some people would do it because there are some benefits to doing it. I remember my friend talking about it, I think she had her son circumcised to avoid potential problems. But yes, some of it is cultural acceptance. People have started piercing their babies ears. I hate it, but it doesn't hurt the baby any if they do it right.

thats true, but the chip would be really hard to get out because nerves and stuff would grow around it and the child probably wouldn't know its there. i just think is really creepy because if someone wanted to they'd be able to track you for like your whole life. a tattoo may hurt more, but i think it gives you more freedom in the long run. and i'm sure he'll be able to cover it up for jobs and stuff and if hes part of the baby trafficking thing then won't all of the kids hes with have one too?

yeah, they won't be able to remember, but its still really painful (id imagine more so) and even more permanent than a tattoo. there were health benefits back when they started doing it to shepherds because of disease, but we don't live under those conditions any more, so its not necessary. most people do it because they think it looks/feels better or they don't want their sons to look different from their fathers and feel weird about their genitals. yeah, i hate the piercing ears thing too, but like you said it only hurts for a little bit and if she doesn't like them when she gets older she can always let them heal.
MiameMiame
I don't have problems with circumcision. If people want to circumcise their child that is on them. Somehow it disturbs me how much people get caught up in little children their penises neutral .

Except it not on them. It's not their body to do whatever they want with. There are no medical advantages. They have no right to modify their children's penises because they think it looks better or for their religious views. It disturbs me that anyone couldn't have a problem it. The babies can't defend themselves so thankfully more and more people are getting caught up in it.

Sugary Cat

WHlTE TlGER 2
MiameMiame

Except it not on them. It's not their body to do whatever they want with. There are no medical advantages. They have no right to modify their children's penises because they think it looks better or for their religious views. It disturbs me that anyone couldn't have a problem it. The babies can't defend themselves so thankfully more and more people are getting caught up in it.
It is their child still and I think good parents will make responsible decisions. There are medical advantages. I will quote a few things;
Quote:
"The health benefits of male circumcision include a drop in the risk of urinary tract infection in the first year of life by up to 90 percent," she says.

Quote:
"It drops the risk of heterosexual HIV acquisition by about 60 percent. It drops the risk of human papillomavirus [HPV], herpes virus and other infectious genital ulcers," she says.

Quote:
It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer.

I personally wouldn't circumcise my child (if I would have one) though. Like said; I don't think it's my business what other people do with their child's genitals.
r33na1
Bishiglomper
Shima Shinji

I'd love for you to prove the bold. Not that you can because even in this thread someone has already said its as bad as MGM. And since I am against all forms of genital mutilation, regardless of gender, and think that those parents need to experience the equivalent of his pain, meaning such agony that they are screaming from it like he was... I'd say I just proved you wrong.
Masturbating_Rot_Crow
Justified Suicide
That seems like child abuse and child services should take the child away from them. How stupid and messed up can you be to force a poor child to get a tattoo as their crying and screaming in pain.>< The tattoo artist was a d**k too, I mean who the hell tattoos a child! tattoo's can cause damage and is something that should never be forced on anyone. i seriously hope the women there and the tattoo artist has something horrible happen to them. ugh, I feel sickened now.
That was my thought: I briefly worked in a tattoo parlor, no way in hell any of them wouldn't call cps on someone even trying to do that, let alone agree to do it. My boss wouldn't even pierce ears on anyone not old enough to ask for their own ear lobe piercings.

I'm guessing you live in the US, Canada, or England, where there are rules on this sort of thing. Unfortunately, in Cuba, they're not as strict and a lot of other cultures see nothing wrong with it. I find it disgusting and think the parents, and now that I think about it the tattoo artist as well, should experience the same level of pain that has them screaming from it.
Lil Fiya Mama
WHlTE TlGER 2
Yeah but there is different severities.
Is it really different, tho, seeing as they're both harming an innocent child?
Circumcision, while I am completely against it, will not be remembered LUCKILY...
However, for this poor child, this may be his first memory and it will ******** his head up every day of his life for the rest of his life... Mental trauma can be worse than physical torture, after all.

Some studies have suggested that they do remember it on a subconscious level and it reflects in their behavior towards painful situations including getting immunizations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff