Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Pirate

Hysterical ll Paroxysm

Easiest way to manage trolling in a support thread is to ignore their posts, report posts for trolling, and have the main thread account holder ban the user by adding them to their ignore list. When you respond to a troll that is exactly what they want you to do, respond. Trolling is non consensual emotional manipulation and in my opinion abusive behavior. To stop the abusive behavior you simply do not engage them, no matter what.

Now for something on topic. I have only known one person who "cut for attention". I cut to make myself feel something, anything, I also cut to punish myself. I am a lot better now, but I slip sometimes. My self harm is linked in with my nervous habit of picking so sometimes I don't even know what I am doing until I start bleeding.
antlerkid
CyberSecurityCzar

Thank you so much. And yes, just a few days ago my mother said since I'm not straight for the next five years I'm not allowed to have anyone spend the night. Ever. And uGH. I'm so sorry that all of that happened to you, and especially that no one noticed. Because these things are hard to go through alone, and it really blows that I couldn't have like somehow helped you. I'm glad that now it's different, and that you feel better about both yourself and your life. Thank you so much. You can talk to me as well, or add me, whatever! You have great advice heh.
heart

I want to apologize myself of the "punishment" your mother gave you. That's cruel, unneeded, and mean. My brother is transgendered female to male and seriously, there is no point to say "he's just like you and I," because he always was just like you and I--there's nothing different about anyone based on who they love.
Blackrose_Knight
Hysterical ll Paroxysm

Easiest way to manage trolling in a support thread is to ignore their posts, report posts for trolling, and have the main thread account holder ban the user by adding them to their ignore list. When you respond to a troll that is exactly what they want you to do, respond. Trolling is non consensual emotional manipulation and in my opinion abusive behavior. To stop the abusive behavior you simply do not engage them, no matter what.

Now for something on topic. I have only known one person who "cut for attention". I cut to make myself feel something, anything, I also cut to punish myself. I am a lot better now, but I slip sometimes. My self harm is linked in with my nervous habit of picking so sometimes I don't even know what I am doing until I start bleeding.
Yeah. I am going to ignore him now to prevent more posting from him. o.o I just got on, sorry it lasted so long!

Unsealed Bloodsucker

antlerkid
CyberSecurityCzar

Thank you so much. And yes, just a few days ago my mother said since I'm not straight for the next five years I'm not allowed to have anyone spend the night. Ever. And uGH. I'm so sorry that all of that happened to you, and especially that no one noticed. Because these things are hard to go through alone, and it really blows that I couldn't have like somehow helped you. I'm glad that now it's different, and that you feel better about both yourself and your life. Thank you so much. You can talk to me as well, or add me, whatever! You have great advice heh.
heart

I've always placed an extra burden on myself, because I really feel that I don't have it hard enough to be wasting my life pitying myself, if that makes any sense. I'm cruel to myself, but it's also what keeps me going. And after a friend of mine accidentally took her own life after deciding against a suicide attempt(gun misfire), I've sort of taken it as a 'don't even try, don't even think about trying', sort of thing.

Anyway, yeah, life is a lot better. Once I got out and went to college three states away from family, I made a lot of friends, cultivated a lot of interests. It was rough, not gonna lie. A lot if days when I had to decide to go to sleep instead of eating, but I was really happy. Once I move out of my grandparents' house soon, I'm pretty sure I'll be really happy again.

I'll add you once I'm actually on a computer, hah. I do the majority of my Gaia-browsing late at night on my ipod XD
I just redrew the butterflies on! 3nodding

Familiar Wolf

Mega Lya
I just redrew the butterflies on! 3nodding

I love you and your thread! heart keep it up!
I've realized that it takes telling yourself "no i don't want this anymore" and truly wanting to get better to stop. I have had a problem with cutting for 3 years and have been "sober" from it for about 3 months now. I am a living witness here to tell you that it is possible to stop self harming. Just have hope, keep your head high, and push forward! You can do the same as I did and stop self harming. (: Love you all! <3

Familiar Wolf

MistyEatsRainbows
I've realized that it takes telling yourself "no i don't want this anymore" and truly wanting to get better to stop. I have had a problem with cutting for 3 years and have been "sober" from it for about 3 months now. I am a living witness here to tell you that it is possible to stop self harming. Just have hope, keep your head high, and push forward! You can do the same as I did and stop self harming. (: Love you all! <3

Love you too hun!! heart

Dapper Dabbler

Why are there so many self-harm support threads?

Interesting Lunatic

whee Stay strong 4laugh
Song of the Century
Why are there so many self-harm support threads?
Because people who self harm most often feel alone in their struggles. It's important for everyone, including self-harmers, to know they are not alone in their struggle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff