Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Browser

So i've pretty much made up my mind, i want to go back to school.
My mother, wants me to get a full time job instead and pay her bills,since she wont work.
I got fired from my last job(which was shitty anyway and it wasn't even my fault i was fired anyway, supervisor lied and told admin i never got anything done and i didn't know what i was doing, but to my face and my mothers it was all smiles and compliments)

My aunt is looking all over for jobs for me and i haven't told her yet that i want to go back to school because she doesn't call for me, she passes the info onto my mother and tells her take me up there to apply.

How do I make my mother understand going back to school would better benefit me then working full time right now?

Cutie-Pie

User Image

Just let her know. You can still work, and do school. It's possible and tons of my friends do it.

User Image
You can work and go to school.

Beloved Browser

POlSON-CANDY
User Image

Just let her know. You can still work, and do school. It's possible and tons of my friends do it.

User Image

Not full time though,
And Should i really be paying her blls because she wont work and wants to chase around disability?
I mean one person supporting the whole house of a total of four, soon to be five, and a dog, is a bit much.
try getting a job at the school you wanna go to

Versatile Explorer

Apply for school, and also start job hunting. And you might want to consider moving in with a friend or finding people who wouldn't mind sharing a roommate. This scenario works very well if you get a part time job; that way you won't be paying a ton of money, but will still contribute wonderfully. smile
Plus, many employers like to see young people in school. Before I started college, some people wouldn't hire me because I was college aged and not in school; they frowned upon the fact that I wanted full time work only. neutral
So go ahead and apply, and take it from there.

Beloved Browser

tj is no butt face

But doesn't that only go for paying for your education?
In highschool, we were told that was an option if you couldn't afford, I'm also one who doesn't have money so, i'll have to use loans or that.

Fashionable Shopper

User Image
Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?

Just tell her you are going back to school. If your an adult then you can make the decision for yourself.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Beloved Browser

Frettchen
Apply for school, and also start job hunting. And you might want to consider moving in with a friend or finding people who wouldn't mind sharing a roommate. This scenario works very well if you get a part time job; that way you won't be paying a ton of money, but will still contribute wonderfully. smile
Plus, many employers like to see young people in school. Before I started college, some people wouldn't hire me because I was college aged and not in school; they frowned upon the fact that I wanted full time work only. neutral

I was accepted to the community college, but i need to get a tutor first because there's a test standing in the way of my diploma and i need to get it done to get my diploma.
ugh, stupid test! I would have my diploma if it wasn't for the OGT's!
MyNameIsStarlett
tj is no butt face

But doesn't that only go for paying for your education?
In highschool, we were told that was an option if you couldn't afford, I'm also one who doesn't have money so, i'll have to use loans or that.
research it. my fathers works at the college i'll be attending so i'm kinda spoiled in a way so the job i'm gonna get doesn't pay for education since it already will be paid.

Beloved Browser

LilPinkCandy

I really just can't take her arguments of "Your supposed to pay these bills because you live here." junk.
Like she lives here too, and her friend also, my brothers too young for a job, but if i have to pay because i live here shouldn't they have to help out as well?
I'm going to be needing my money within the next nine months, and she doesn't even give me full rights, why must i bust my a** to pay all of your bills?

I just need a way to come at her so she won't argue with me, i can't take that anymore and her guilt trips.
I guess its just going to be difficult to tell her without getting a rise out of her, even though she should want me to better myself..

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
MyNameIsStarlett
POlSON-CANDY
User Image

User Image

Not full time though,
And Should i really be paying her blls because she wont work and wants to chase around disability?
I mean one person supporting the whole house of a total of four, soon to be five, and a dog, is a bit much.

If you are an adult, it is not your job to support your mother's household. Your responsibility is yourself, first and foremost. Do what you want to do. This is your future you're talking about, not hers.

Beloved Browser

MemoriesOfGreen
MyNameIsStarlett
POlSON-CANDY
User Image

User Image

Not full time though,

If you are an adult, it is not your job to support your mother's household. Your responsibility is yourself, first and foremost. Do what you want to do. This is your future you're talking about, not hers.

Yes, i'm nineteen.
I wish she would see this instead of trying to guilt me into feeling I should pay.
I mean, i'll never make it out of here if i do that.

Versatile Explorer

MyNameIsStarlett
Frettchen

I was accepted to the community college, but i need to get a tutor first because there's a test standing in the way of my diploma and i need to get it done to get my diploma.
ugh, stupid test! I would have my diploma if it wasn't for the OGT's!

Is there any way you can meet up with tutors at your college's library? We have tons at mine, so I'm thinking maybe they'd be available where you are too. And they help for free!
I also second what MemoriesOfGreen said; you're an adult, so your mom really can't push you around anymore. Plus, she doubly can't bully you if you end up being the only person (or one of the few) who legitimately pays bills! Quite frankly, you'll have more rights to the place than she does.
Try to take things one step at a time. If possible, don't let your mom stress you out so much. Maybe avoid her when you can.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff