Welcome to Gaia! ::

TimothyPine
Traditionally it has always been recommendable to overbuild something. That means to make it stronger and better than it technically needs to be. If a truck weighs two tons, you probably want to make the bridge be able to hold more than just two tons. In the case of education, the schools do not know what you are going to end up being so they prepare you with a solid base capable of going in more than just one direction. In your example of mathematical conversions, that is an every day necessity in most science, advertising, political, and economic fields but you'll never need to know any of your auto repair skills. History is important to writers, politicians, and many fields of entertainment. Hopefully you will come out of school knowing more than you need to know in whatever field you go into.

However, if you already have a good idea what sort of career you want to move into after school then feel free to only study in the courses which you think might help you in that direction. I've been through school and I'll tell you a secret. Most jobs that you interview for will demand that you have a high school diploma. But they don't give a damn if you got straight A+'s or straight D-'s. Just as long as you have that piece of paper, you are fine. And getting that piece of paper is MUCH easier than getting a G.E.D.

Also to have placed inside more threw the History, the school had given a sight not only to what people of today have still been doing, but to how the mistakes we can see in the past will change the future. If there would not have been a view inside of the past, what would tell us from what had been good or bad? If racism and rebellion while so many other aspects would be so much different, giving us, as I said, a sight in something which we have to change in our future.
well if it weren't for school then we can't really come up with the things we have nowadays.

but yea.
l agree with the SS that has to do with crap in the 1870s but math, kinda important. l hate it badly but l just deal with it.
|| - { KiSs Me AgAiN } -

It is people like you that screw our orders up at Burger King.

- { JuSt So YoU CaN StOp ThIs St-sT-St-sTuTtErInG } - ||
pretty much learn more = earn more in the long run^^;
I like school, personally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out