Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey LD, I've recently graduated into my senior year of highschool, and was wondering what one was to do about scholarships and grants for colleges.

Quick Questions:

1: when did you start applying to get scholarships
2: Where did you apply- how did you get them

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
The only scholarship I got was one from my school for $16k a year. That was just based on my SAT scores. Perfect verbal. cool

Fastweb.com is a good place to look for scholarships. It will tell you if you're eligible to apply. It will say if it's for seniors in high school or whichever year in college. The scholarship will tell you when you can apply for it. You can look on scholarships.com, too.
turbid blue
The only scholarship I got was one from my school for $16k a year. That was just based on my SAT scores. Perfect verbal. cool

Fastweb.com is a good place to look for scholarships. It will tell you if you're eligible to apply. It will say if it's for seniors in high school or whichever year in college. The scholarship will tell you when you can apply for it. You can look on scholarships.com, too.

thanks!
I've never had any luck with Fastweb.com, the scholarships it would always bring up for me were incredibly random, like getting $500 for starting an Atheist club at your high school. o.O

I got lucky because at my school, there was a scholarship application you could just grab from our career center and all I had to do was fill it out and write a lame little essay.
Bone-Z Dekay
I've never had any luck with Fastweb.com, the scholarships it would always bring up for me were incredibly random, like getting $500 for starting an Atheist club at your high school. o.O

I got lucky because at my school, there was a scholarship application you could just grab from our career center and all I had to do was fill it out and write a lame little essay.

>.>'' that is a lil random...

And i'll be sure to check in with my CAPS counsellor (:

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I've been using Fastweb.com for scholarships. It's great that even though I'm a college student, I can still apply for scholarships. heart I've only applied for a couple here and there, and I stay away from the scholarships recommended to me that is categorized as essay contests, because I stink at essays. xD
Soprano Mochi Kitty
I've been using Fastweb.com for scholarships. It's great that even though I'm a college student, I can still apply for scholarships. heart I've only applied for a couple here and there, and I stay away from the scholarships recommended to me that is categorized as essay contests, because I stink at essays. xD

i suck at essays too, but im good at BS'ing harhar

I checked out fastweb and theres quite a few things that looks of interest to me >w<
My counselor sends us a bunch of scholarships through email. But there's a lot more than what she gives, I just don't search hard enough. I didn't get any scholarships 'cause I didn't make a lot of effort and I have no leadership skills.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff