Welcome to Gaia! ::

Still part of my "hopeless-nerd-seeking-to-reinvent-self" bit, I'm planning on buying new a pair of glasses. What kind of glasses belong to current "geek chic" collections? Anyone have pics or links to pics?
I just go with what looks nice on me. Before you order them, try them on and see what looks right for you. It's always the best thing to do. Don't have a camera on me or I would show you mine. Sorry. sweatdrop
Seems like thick frames that are durable and plastic are in.

My glasses fell apart months ago and are being held together by nail glue. Flimsy-a** frames... Japanese-made is supposed to mean QUALITY, dammit. But I suppose them being thrown on the ground rather forcefully is going to break them no matter what.
Looks at signature...jeah...i seems to be the "in"
dude, why dont you just get contacts?
Ubel beruhigt denjenigen
dude, why dont you just get contacts?

Some people would rather wear glasses than put things in their eyes?
I don't trust contacts on me. I'm one of those people who forget and blind themselves by sleeping while leaving them on.
You should try on glasses to see what looks good on you. Just because it's "geek chic" doesn't mean it will look good. And if you don't know what the things in the style look like, why are you trying to look like that?
I have a general idea but I'm totally clueless about what kind of glasses those are exactly.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/kakakaka_01/kaaaaaate.jpg

Like someone said, thick plastic frames.
My friends constantly refer to them as nerd or emo glasses.
BUT WHATEVER, I LIKE THEM. scream

They're what you see on all the cool kids. emo

PS; they're Vouge. They had lots of ones similar to mine.
neeeddd friends
omniskriba
I don't trust contacts on me. I'm one of those people who forget and blind themselves by sleeping while leaving them on.
There are some that you can leave on for about a week and you can sleep with them on. My uncle has those and I plan to get them soon because i'm getting cuts on my nose from the frames digging into my skin. I hate having to push them up too.

Distinct Seeker

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Really, you should get whatever suits your face shape first. There's the possibility that thick frames will not suit you. I would try - I don't know whether or not we have different brans, but designer glasses if you're willing to push the boat out. I know Osiris do some really cute guys ones. ^__^
I'm near-sighted as well. I figured that out two days ago. I don't know what glasses to buy so this thread of yours is very helpful to me. I probably won't get glasses 'til after summer just 'cause I don't think I really need it that much unlike what the doctor told me. Oh and yes, contacts are not an option for me too. They scare me. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff