Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
So here's the deal. I recently discovered advertisements on a site with student jobs, which are for medicine tests. You basically have to spend 15 days in a medical centre, while they test a newly developed medicine on you. It pays at least 1500 euro (some of those 15-day tests even pay 2100 euro), and you even get free sleeping places and meals. One of the tests even offered a payment for urinal and excretement samples ("Hey guys, guess what. I'm getting paid to take a dump. My ****'s worth money!" ).

Now, ofcourse there's a 'negative' side to this. The medicines are untested, and they might have bad side effects to them. Nothing ridiculous like growing seven ears between your legs and having a talking belly button with teeth, but things like diarreah or cramps.

But considering how much it pays, would you apply for those tests? With the financial problems I've been going through, I definitly wouldn't mind applying for a couple of those tests. (Who knows, I might end up like Timmy from the Evolving Item Reports!)

No spoons, just syringes and pills:
- Medical Tests: Yay or Nay?
- Would you sacrifice your body for that kind of money?
- Hey, at least it's not being tested on animals.
I probably would. I'm too young at the moment though.
No way in hell would I ever do it.
Health is a terrible thing to waste, and as you said, these untested pills could have bad side-effects.
yes because iit would help other people too but be careful who you do it for!
x
I would.
My health's not that great in the first place and I usually end up having countless tests every single year, so I wouldn't mind getting paid for once.
As weird as that sounds.
D:
Prolly. A source of income with hardly any effort expended on my part is worth some cramping, and diarreah may not be the nicest thing to experience, but it's not that bad on a universal scale of Shitty Things To Happen (no pun intended).
...Probably.
I'm pretty poor.
You know some people die during these testing processes, don't you all?
Haven't you ever read the clinical trial information on drugs?
It's scary stuff.

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
A.Dream.Within.A.Dream.
You know some people die during these testing processes, don't you all?
Haven't you ever read the clinical trial information on drugs?
It's scary stuff.

There's a reason they ask for healthy men between 18 and 65 years that don't smoke. And personally? It's either getting enough money to pay for my future education, or be stuck with something I dislike and no chance of freedom whatsoever. Hence the "Sacrificing your own body for wealth" title.
I hear there's a 5% chance of something bad happening to you though, that's what worries me the most.
Bad, as in...well...bad, some college students have actually died.

But hey, that's good money, I figure one visit or two couldn't hurt, I'd be willing to do it once I head off to college.

Heh, that's what I love about the one I'm heading to, it's loaded with research companies, and I'm sure a good deal of them are looking for human guinea pigs.
Would I get laser eyes?
No, I would not gamble my health, not even for a hefty amount of money.
yes i would.
i'd rather see that the products are tested on humans, since they are for us, and not for animals.
and besides, i can live with cramp for a while. it's worth the money.

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
So I checked out the site. There IS a risk involved, and they describe some of the bad side-effects which come with medicine in general. But damn, they even have recreation rooms there, with internet PC's. Beautiful surroundings too.

I don't know in what countries people die from those tests, but it seems this organisation is quite stuck on laws and various tests. So it's safer than people actually think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff