Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Jacob 100
nyoki
<b>some people may need it, and why not respect them for their decision?
they claim it helps them through everyday life, why cant some people just respect that?

im free of religions and denominations, im fine with my belief in the natural occurrences in life and that being they call "God".

I think maybe if some people of the world didnt tie in selfish motives to a belief system that could possibly ultimately help people, religion wouldnt appear to be as bad as people make it..

i blame it on the men who distorted religion and its purpose, not the religion itself, for its social ******** up today^_^

beside the ancients held fast their beliefs and they we're the s**t.

True true. Religon and belief in God or Anti-Gos is so stressed today. People are way too sensative. Personally I am Agnostic and I am looking into Janism or Buddism. Read a book Called "The Phenomina of man" and you will love all feeling for religon.

See here are the questions;

Who is to judge right and wrong?
Who is right?
Who is Wrong
What is god?

Answers;

No one is to judge right and wrong because we are human. We all have our own belief system and we should stick to it no matter what anyone says. Just because somone doesn't believe the same thing doesn't me they are any more right or any more wrong than you. What I believ and what you believe are two totally differnt things which can not be changed due to petty arguements

We are all right- in our own minds we are all right because what we bbelieve is right to us. Even though the world might not see us Eye to Eye what we believe is right when we judge others.

We are all wrongb ecause we are all entitled too our own belief and what we believe is always diffent from the truth of the matter. I might believe you are wrong for believeing in the absence of a god but you believe I am wrong for believeing to opposite. We will never know what is right or wrong until we die and find out for ourselves

There might be a God but Christians, Atheist, Catholics and the like blow it completely out of proportion. You like to believe (Atheist apply this) that Man was created in God's image; but what is God? Is he some old dude with a beard on a cloud? No, humans like to personify and give things angiopamorphic characteristics. It means that Humans like to make things human so they feel they are on the same level. We will never know who or what God is until we die and find out the truth for ourselves.

Take this into consideration Atheist- the world couldn't have happen by it's self. You don't have to apply the christian's "God" to know that. I know that you believe in the big bang abd all that sciencey stuff but think about it; those things were on such a massive scale that you can't help think that SOMETHING, be it a force of a divine being or god is driving it. We could not be here today if not for SOMETHING. SOMETHING has guided us through 4.6 billion years of termoil. Don't think I'm talking about God, I'm talking about...SOMETHING, just some divine presence or being. It's like a Game boy--nothing could work unless you have the batteries in it.

'But believe what you want I will not fault you for it. I respect all viewpoints because I believe that they are all just the work of the individual mind. WE will never know what is true until we die and find out for ourselves.

"What I believe is one thing, what you believe is another, and the truth is out there waiting for us"
what you believe in I believe in God and accepting Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, because he died for my sins.
and why Because I chose it, not my parents, not anyone else, me. This is what I believe in, Jesus found me and I let him in.
would you convert if you could Nope. I can convert, if I want to, but I feel no need to convert to a false religion.
if yes what would you convert to? ^

3,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Alphabetize
what you believe in I believe in God and accepting Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, because he died for my sins.
and why Because I chose it, not my parents, not anyone else, me. This is what I believe in, Jesus found me and I let him in.
would you convert if you could Nope. I can convert, if I want to, but I feel no need to convert to a false religion.

That is what bothers me about religon...you said "a false religion" Nothing is false. I could believe you're wrong and say the same thing. I wish people would have more respect for other people and what they believe
i was born into a christian family, but I lost my faith.... I don't really believe in heaven, hell, or anything of that sort. I believe whatever happens to me when I die, is probably what I will get.... I wouldn't mind if I was reincarnated. That is just my opinion though.
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize

That is what bothers me about religon...you said "a false religion" Nothing is false. I could believe you're wrong and say the same thing. I wish people would have more respect for other people and what they believe

You can say my religion is false.

A lot of people do.

I respect other religions, I don't pester people about it, I just go, "Ok?"

But in my faith, all other religions are fake.

Like in most faiths.
Fox2102
I am Christian. My reasons are my own

Because you were born into a Christian family, I'm guessing? This is most people's reasoning.

Phantom

after i left christianity i tried being atheist, but i felt too empty inside without any gods. so i did some research and found a faith that worked for me, that matched what i already believed.
many people bother and by the way is not racist its predjidous. we bother, like in my religion, we believe in god and god is the one who gives us lives, and in our religion we believe in jesus christ because he preached to us that all shall love eachother no matter what the beliefe is. it is also a nice thing to think about heaven because you just want to die and thats it? i dont think so
jumping-off-the-edge
Fox2102
I am Christian. My reasons are my own

Because you were born into a Christian family, I'm guessing? This is most people's reasoning.
Really? My family is Christian but not practicing Christians. Like they don't go to Church or anything. But I got up after starting to read the Bible and started going to Church. It wasn't my family that made me how I am. I expect it's the same for many people too.

3,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Alphabetize
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize

A lot of people do.

Like in most faiths.

But you must realize that people believe your religion is fake. Can you accept that and feel no contempt towards others?

Yes I know lots about the Christian Religion and it does say "Do not worship false idols"

The first time I met someone of a differnt religion I was like "What happens to then when they die, I wonder why they believe"

It shows a temendious amount of character if one can believe in his own religion and at the samem time hold the belief that other religions might be true to others.
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize

A lot of people do.

Like in most faiths.

But you must realize that people believe your religion is fake. Can you accept that and feel no contempt towards others?

Yes I know lots about the Christian Religion and it does say "Do not worship false idols"

The first time I met someone of a differnt religion I was like "What happens to then when they die, I wonder why they believe"

It shows a temendious amount of character if one can believe in his own religion and at the samem time hold the belief that other religions might be true to others.

I feel no contempt nor hatred towards people who call my Religion fake.

I know what happens to them when they die, I don't wander.

The other religions might be true to other people, but they are not true to me. And thats what I believe.
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize
8 Everything is Magic 8
Alphabetize

A lot of people do.

Like in most faiths.

No s**t I realize people believe my religion is fake. I can feel no contempt towards them since I have some Athiest friends and were just fine with each others beliefs. Even though I have been on gaia for a long time, I can't see any reason to like or respect any athiests since all I have gotten is bashed and told my religion is false. And it's really easy to believe others religions are true to them. I don't think they would follow their religion if they thought it was fake.
I don't have a religion.
I personally am not that religious- in the traditional sense of the world with a canonized set of a god or gods, specific customs and revered people and stories (written or not) etc.

Religion can do people a lot of good though. It does create a sense of belonging. I've known of a few people who only regularly go to church because they have a good social group there and people they've known for years or even decades. That kind of social system is really powerful at least. I'm consdering joining a Unitarian Universalist church for that reason.

Religion can be a powerful force on a personal level. But that's the thing it IS something personal and should not be forced upon other people- nor should violence arise from differences in religious dogma. Sad to say there's been violence in the name of almost every religion.... including staunch atheism. People should believe what they want!

For terms of specifics in my 'religion', I'm still figuring that out. Perhaps it's to know the world and its people/creations as much as possible. It's such an impossible quest really. But it's something I can integrate into my life- whether it's doing a youth exchange or studying abroad or trying to learn different languages and histories, or simply spending time with friends, it's so easy to integrate this into daily life. Sure there's so much that I will never know (hehe I made a "Pond Theory" talking about that. I'll explain that if anyone asks later) but still isn't there unknown in most religions?

Technically, 'science' is a large part of my faith because I and much of the rest of my culture accepts most facts without checking themselves. Do I know that the moon rotates even though I just see it getting bigger and smaller? Nope, I trust the 'experts', modern sages if you will. Its definitely a faith- and one that changes more rapidly than most. There's something to think about...
Nightingail90
I personally am not that religious- in the traditional sense of the world with a canonized set of a god or gods, specific customs and revered people and stories (written or not) etc.

Religion can do people a lot of good though. It does create a sense of belonging. I've known of a few people who only regularly go to church because they have a good social group there and people they've known for years or even decades. That kind of social system is really powerful at least. I'm consdering joining a Unitarian Universalist church for that reason.

Religion can be a powerful force on a personal level. But that's the thing it IS something personal and should not be forced upon other people- nor should violence arise from differences in religious dogma. Sad to say there's been violence in the name of almost every religion.... including staunch atheism. People should believe what they want!

For terms of specifics in my 'religion', I'm still figuring that out. Perhaps it's to know the world and its people/creations as much as possible. It's such an impossible quest really. But it's something I can integrate into my life- whether it's doing a youth exchange or studying abroad or trying to learn different languages and histories, or simply spending time with friends, it's so easy to integrate this into daily life. Sure there's so much that I will never know (hehe I made a "Pond Theory" talking about that. I'll explain that if anyone asks later) but still isn't there unknown in most religions?

Technically, 'science' is a large part of my faith because I and much of the rest of my culture accepts most facts without checking themselves. Do I know that the moon rotates even though I just see it getting bigger and smaller? Nope, I trust the 'experts', modern sages if you will. Its definitely a faith- and one that changes more rapidly than most. There's something to think about...
When and where were athiests violent?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces