Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Conversationalist

What are your views about religion? why do you think were here? what do you think happens when we die?

back off of frost
religion is evil on every level and everyone would be better off without it

I agree, its often used to brainwash people, making them believe fiction over facts and common knowledge

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Honir
back off of frost

I agree, its often used to brainwash people, making them believe fiction over facts and common knowledge

Curious you'd say that when you made the topic. What was your intention?

Toxilicks
Honir
back off of frost

I wanted to know what others think
Im constantly talking to my best friend about it
What is your opinion?

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Honir
Toxilicks
Honir
back off of frost

I wanted to know what others think
Im constantly talking to my best friend about it
What is your opinion?

Actual philosophy is harmless to talk about. I believe religion has a place in society, it should just stay in its own little spot.

Invisible Conversationalist

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Atheist/follower of Thworn. I let my brain believe one irrationality to shut it up, and gained a god I know fundamentally doesn't exist but I believe in him anyways. Because accident or to create Thworn. Nothing, but damn I hope something cause nonexistent does not sound fun.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Religion is a comfort for those willing to pay its toll.

When you die, you become a corpse.
Put yourself in that position, thousands of years back. You have an incredible lack of information and knowledge, you have little idea how things actually work, society isn't really built up. So you turn to what you believe are the best ideas for solution to help you cope.

I find many different ideas about how the world works to be interesting and can be beneficial to helping one progress, so long as one doesn't take the tales as word-for-word face-value.

You won't actually physically end up in a place like hell for lying or being rude to your neighbor, but will end up creating your own hell if you did those things. Be it light tension every time you step out, rattled nerves every time your lie is at threat for coming loose.

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
If someone's beliefs or religion isn't hurting anything, more power to them. It's when they start developing hateful and ignorant beliefs, or become violent, that I have a problem with it. If you aren't making other people's lives harder, you could believe in a cat god that blesses you every time you eat ravioli for all I care.
I don't think we're here for anything. Everything is science, even if it takes us longer to prove some things over others. We're just here because some cells evolved into this one day (well, longer than one day but ya know). Whatever purpose we feel like we have, we've given it to ourselves.
All I think happens when we die is just that: we die. Our bodies stop functioning and then either get put in a hole in the ground, burned, or used for science.

Magical Star

I really don't know what I believe anymore.

Tipsy Prophet

...today is a great day. So far I have managed to read the word "religion" correctly once.

Anyway, religion is... interesting. It's facinating how some people can believe in gods and what not.

Tipsy Fatcat

isn't there a forum where you can talk about religion here?

Liberal Sex Symbol

Death, Decomposition, scattering of our ego to oblivion, rebirth as who the hell knows what. Lather, rinse, repeat.
I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Part of me is always eager to, like, watch ghost shows and examine mysteries and s**t. Part of
me believes we have souls and there is an afterlife. But the other part of me thinks that's probably
not the case, and that when you die it's just over.

Either way, I don't believe in God at all. Other spiritual stuff, maybe, sometimes, but not an all-knowing
and seeing being who judges you. That's where I draw the line.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff