Welcome to Gaia! ::

Myself and my family have been doing all natural home remedies for years. Just thought I'd share some with people in need, or make a place for people to post ones that they know about.

smile
Witch! Witchhh!!!! scream
Quick someone, grab her by the ankles and throw her devil worshiping as in the lake!
iRebel2Anything
Witch! Witchhh!!!! scream
Quick someone, grab her by the ankles and throw her devil worshiping as in the lake!

i lolz.
But you didn't post any?
How exactly is it witchcraft?
Are you sure you don't mean holistic medicine?
I could do with one for the flu if you've got one xxx whee
I don't think home remedies constitutes as 'witchcraft'
i'm really interested in home remedies. surprised

witchcraft too, as weird as it sounds. i remember in the 8th grade my friend bought this witchcraft book and we'd always d**k around with it. we tried casting a hex on our evil teacher (one that'd give her "inner organ pain", headaches and vomiting)...and the next day, she was absent. when she came back, guess what she told us? she was absent because she woke up in the middle of the night, her stomach hurt like hell, barfed her guts out, and had a headache when she woke up that lasted all day.

coincidence? real? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lol

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Elcione

Garlic and vitamin C are your friends here. Also, keep your fluids up.
Kool aid and vodka does the trick over here in the Norwiss household.

and a bag fulla shake.
Sanguina Cruenta
Elcione

Much appreciated x

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Elcione
Sanguina Cruenta
Elcione

Much appreciated x

No problem. They're good basic immunity boosters, but if you have problems with your sinuses or you catch a lot of colds you might want to take garlic and horseradish pills, which are good for both preventing colds and for clearing out your sinuses.

Also some good hot wasabi will clear you right out.
Infinite Authority
But you didn't post any?
How exactly is it witchcraft?
Are you sure you don't mean holistic medicine?

it's meant to be more as a play on words. And I'll post remedies when someone is in need of one.
Sanguina Cruenta
Elcione
Sanguina Cruenta
Elcione

Much appreciated x

No problem. They're good basic immunity boosters, but if you have problems with your sinuses or you catch a lot of colds you might want to take garlic and horseradish pills, which are good for both preventing colds and for clearing out your sinuses.

Also some good hot wasabi will clear you right out.

SC is quite right.
But, I'll make a more detailed post broken down by symptoms.

Firstly, make sure you still eat, even if you don't feel like it. Chicken soup is hailed as a natural remedy but, any type of spicy soup works better. You see, spices derived from hot peppers can naturally kill many types of bacteria and viruses. So, eat any type of soup you desire be it beef, or chicken, or vegetable, and make it spicy by throwing in some tabasco - or - if you're daring, some hot peppers like chipotles or jalepenos.
Also, did you know garlic is a natural antibiotic? Eat a clove or so a day and you will lessen your chances of getting ill again, and fight off the current illness you have.

Now for symptoms,

For a sore throat do what professional singers do and drink hot water with honey. Honey is like nature's cough syrup, it soothe the throat. If you want something cooler, Orange juice is chock-full of virus fighting Vitamin C. If you want a treat, make a low fat smoothie in a blender with ice, strawberries and low-fat yogurt. Strawberries have twice the vitamin C that oranges have and yogurt is full of bacteria called probiotics which are actually good for you and will fight the harmful bacteria in your body.

For a headache - Put a cool, slightly damp cloth on your forehead. Also, eat something that you particulary enjoy, even if its bad for you, eating something you like releases serotoinin in the brain which may lessen the effects of a headache. Also, light a scented candle. Calming scents such as jasmine, vanilla, and lavender soothe and help relax you, being relaxed will help the reduce the pain.

For a stuffed-up/runny nose - this is always due to inflamed or irratated sinuses. You can solve this by eating pungent foods such as garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce, and mustard. These foods help to open and clear out sinuses.

For a stomach ache/vomiting - Try eating soda crackers and water with a small amount of lemon juice in it. Soda crackers settle the stomach, and lemon juice makes stomach acid more acidic, killing more bacteria. Also take a warm bath or put a hot water bottle on your stomach.

For diarrhea- Eat a few bannanas, the potassium in the bannanas will help to prevent water loss and firm feces, also make sure to drink lots of water.

Hope some of this is helpful, please get well soon. smile
Acne Remedies, as requested per my friend Carmy. <3

Now firstly, you need to break it down into which type of skin you have and treatments will be listed.

Oily - Oily skin is simply a skin type which many people have, and which is especially prone to acne. For oily skin, use only clay masks, which absorb the excess oil on the face. Using fruit-based peels will only worsen the problem. Also, take some egg white, which is a natural astringent, apply, and leave on face until it dries, then, wash off with warm water.

Sensitive/dry - If you have senstive or dry skin prone to redness and irratation, only fruit puree masks should be used. As clay masks will suck out natural oils from the skin leaving it drier and clay masks are meant for those with oily skin (see above). A fruit mask can be made at home easily, common ingredients are: avacado which brings softness and elasticity as well as moisturzes, plain yogurt - which naturally kills bacteria. Honey - a good binding agent and full of bacteria-fighting agents. Oatmeal - Which soothes and relaxes irratations. And Bannana - which also promotes softness and elasticity and clears up redness. Mix any combination of these in a blender and leave on face for 10 or so minutes before washing off.

Combination - On combination skin, almost any type of mask, fruit or clay will do the job. A sugar scrub should still be used daily.

Note - The NUMBER 1 Cause of pimples is - TOUCHING YOUR FACE! -
its true! When people touch their face with their fingers it tansfers oil, dirt and bacteria onto your face, clogging pores. Try to avoid touching your face in general.

Also, you should exfoilate daily, a simple sugar scrub can be made using one part oil to 2 parts sugar. I like using coarse sugar such as brown or natural cane. This scrubs off dead skin cells which normally can build up, causing acne. Using a sugar scrub daily in the shower will make your skin glow. If you have oily skin and don't want to use an oil base, you can substitute with plain yogurt or egg white. If you have sensitive skin and don't want to use oild you can substitue with coconut milk.

REMEMBER - store bought products are chock-full of addiditives that do nothing but harm skin and clog pores. Some, like Proactive, boast fancy advertising and packaging but are really nothing but rubbing alcohol, which harms the skin. Making something natural and at home is always 100 times better than something purchased. You can easily make a sugar-scrub, a fruit, or an egg white mask at home. As for clay, instead of buying a mask, literally go into an art store and purchase a block of natural clay. Rip a chunk off, get it wet, and apply. Nothing is better than natural. biggrin
Annnd finally, if your a girl, and the acne is very terrible, you can go on birth control pills which have the added benifit of reducing acne.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

iwroteholdencaulfield
REMEMBER - store bought products are chock-full of addiditives that do nothing but harm skin and clog pores. Some, like Proactive, boast fancy advertising and packaging but are really nothing but rubbing alcohol, which harms the skin. Making something natural and at home is always 100 times better than something purchased.

All those are pretty hefty claims. Can you support them all with unbiased citations please? For my own peace of mind.

Quote:
Nothing is better than natural. biggrin

This sort of thing has always confused me - as if it has to be good if it's "natural", and something created by pharmacists must be worse even though essentially what at least some of it involves is taking the original "natural" item and extracting the part that actually does the curing. I'd much rather take St John's Wort pills than go to the trouble of growing St John's Wort, and preparing it properly. Ditto willow bark - give me aspirin any day. Pharmacists do this for a living; preparing these things properly is something they train years to do. I just don't really understand why distilling something from a natural source is worse than said natural source.

Although, I suppose there are things about the natural that are always appealing. Arsenic, for example. We return to arsenic like an old friend, as Pratchett's Assassins say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff