Welcome to Gaia! ::

Joining the wrestling team really helped out my physical fitness last year. I slimmed down, and felt great.

After that, since I wasn't required to eat certain foods, I started eating unhealthily again. I gained an easy 40 lbs after that.

Then I started a diet where I only ate one meal a day. The problem is that the meal was usually unhealthy.

I'd skip breakfast and lunch and have pizza for dinner.

After that, I gained another 10lbs.

Any dietary suggestions?

Ladykiller

User Image

Well, eat a few small meals every day. Get in more fruits and veggies. Don't eat 2-3 hours before you go to sleep. And eat slowly so your body has time to tell you that you're full, if you eat too quickly, you end up eating too much.

Try to replace sodas with diet sodas or juices if you can.

Get more active!

I'm no professional, so I suggest you see a doctor for real advice but I've lost 10 lbs so far just cutting out soda, moving around 30 minutes every other day and eating slower. o_O;User Image

6,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
Not the best diet choice. You need a healthy balance of fruits, veggies and meat...supreme pizza doesn't count. Having a high protein/ fiber breakfast(Egg on whole wheat toast) will carry you to lunch, and at lunch try drinking water with something like whole wheat pasta(sorry I'm a wheat fanatic when it comes to food), or a sandwich with some sort of lunch meat. Cheese is ok, in small quantities. Have an apple or some other fruit with you as well. I know I'm giving a girly version of dieting, but you can modify this to suit your wrestling team physique. Dinner: Can't say much for dinner...My mom makes Spinach and black Bean Enchiladas on wheat tortillas when I'm home, which are tasty and good for you. Ground turkey is a good substitute for Beef, but do not avoid red meat! You need it to keep your iron levels up. If you don't eat your meat, eat leafy green veggies.
One final note: Sweet potatoes are better for you than white potatoes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff