Welcome to Gaia! ::

Holy s**t people
I just read this article about some cleric beating the ******** out of his own 5 year old daughter then proceeded to rape her. The only punishment that he received was a $50,000 fine, and to s**t on the poor girl's body, it would've been double the price if she was male. Sigh, the world we live in, huh? Any thoughts?

http://www.examiner.com/article/saudi-arabia-islamic-cleric-rapes-tortures-kills-daughter-pays-fine
Religious people do ******** up things.
It's Saudi Arabia. Can't expect too much out of those barbarians.
This isn't just in Saudi Arabia. The guy thought she had sex and decided to punish her. Not only does this happen in Saudi Arabia, but it happens in America as well. Christian parents beat their child open because of some quote about "sparing the stick and you hate your child". It baffles a rational person to see things like this happening in our 21st century society.
free hugs for world peace
This isn't just in Saudi Arabia. The guy thought she had sex and decided to punish her. Not only does this happen in Saudi Arabia, but it happens in America as well. Christian parents beat their child open because of some quote about "sparing the stick and you hate your child". It baffles a rational person to see things like this happening in our 21st century society.

Baffles a stupid person who considers him or herself to be rational perhaps.
Stupid? Was there something offensive about what I said?

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
User Image xxx User Image xxx User Image

And people ask me why I hate most religions...
If you have violent laws in your code of conduct, there's going to be issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adored Admirer

I already read about this in In The News. I am not the least bit surprised.

Fashionable Genius

What a pig.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
free hugs for world peace

Non-religious parents beat their children as well. Stop placing it squarely on religion

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
This was already In The News. It's Saudi Arabia, such things are expected.

Adored Admirer

Queen Shining Heaven
Non-religious parents beat their children as well. Stop placing it squarely on religion

They're not commanded by a god to do that, however, and the non-religious have no affiliation anyway, so it doesn't look bad on anyone but the parent.

Lonely Saint

Sai X Kaitou

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Religion doesn't make people rape children. It gives them an excuse, but they'd find another in case that one wasn't available. Batshit is the basic human nature.

Lonely Saint

Cosmic Pilgrim
Oblivion Blades
Sai X Kaitou

Religion doesn't make people rape children. It gives them an excuse, but they'd find another in case that one wasn't available. Batshit is the basic human nature.
How so?

"I raped her/him because she/he deserved it, as told by [religion] through my interpretation of [verse]."
That's an excuse to justify an act of violence that religion did not commit and that most likely would have happened one way or another even if religion didn't exist, simply because deranged ******** exist regardless of religion or the absence of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff