Welcome to Gaia! ::

the hipster soul

'how do you put up with the incessant bashing from the non-furry community?'

haters gonna hate
also the theoretical furry chicks

Loiterer

Call me Rainleaf

If you go to the Dramatica page, you can get an idea as to how I perceive it. I also watched a video on MTV that discussed it. Dressing up as animals and going to cons and either ******** or just getting extremely physical while wearing an animal costume is bizarre to me. I don't find it to be a culture or a way of life so much as a hobby you shouldn't discuss at the dinner table. The same is to be said for anime fetishes as well. ._. Like tentacle erotica- I find it oddly appealing, but I don't go around boasting that it's a culture or something...this is the first time I've ever even brought it up in a public forum. In my opinion, it's watered-down bestiality. I don't care if the art features bipedal dogs, cats, foxes, etc, they're mainly animals.
User Image
Furry isn't only sex.
Here's a video that made the news this year about the misconception:

Though really if you base opinions on the things you watched on MTV and read on Encyclopedia Dramatica, I have very little sympathy for your ignorance.
Velvet Overkill

Do all furries wear like, full on animal costume that show no skin
or like the sexy, half nude, neko thing going on?

depends how much money they blow on it

Greedy Receiver

Velvet Overkill
I have a deathly real question.
Do furries only do it doggy style or what?

ALSO

1: Haha, no! That’s up to the individual and what they want, regardless of being a furry or not. I will have relations with my husband in numerous positions. emotion_awesome

2: That all depends on the individual as well. There are some costumes that are full suits, some that are only gloves with the mask and other accessories, and some prefer not to wear a suit at all and just go with whatever feels comfortable - be that nearly nude if they so desire!

Beloved Seeker

Bornes
Call me Rainleaf

If you go to the Dramatica page, you can get an idea as to how I perceive it. I also watched a video on MTV that discussed it. Dressing up as animals and going to cons and either ******** or just getting extremely physical while wearing an animal costume is bizarre to me. I don't find it to be a culture or a way of life so much as a hobby you shouldn't discuss at the dinner table. The same is to be said for anime fetishes as well. ._. Like tentacle erotica- I find it oddly appealing, but I don't go around boasting that it's a culture or something...this is the first time I've ever even brought it up in a public forum. In my opinion, it's watered-down bestiality. I don't care if the art features bipedal dogs, cats, foxes, etc, they're mainly animals.
User Image
Furry isn't only sex.

Though really if you base opinions on the things you watched on MTV and read on Encyclopedia Dramatica, I have very little sympathy for your ignorance.

And I don't feel sympathy for the furries that are endlessly teased for being furries. I feel the same way about crazy Americans that take cosplaying to a new extreme. I don't see the appeal in dressing up in would-be cartoon outfits or animal costumes. I can say that it's bizarre because to me, it is. You may not agree with my opinion, but it can't be wrong, because neither us are right.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Eisefin
Velvet Overkill
I have a deathly real question.
Do furries only do it doggy style or what?

ALSO

1: Haha, no! That’s up to the individual and what they want, regardless of being a furry or not. I will have relations with my husband in numerous positions. emotion_awesome

2: That all depends on the individual as well. There are some costumes that are full suits, some that are only gloves with the mask and other accessories, and some prefer not to wear a suit at all and just go with whatever feels comfortable - be that nearly nude if they so desire!

Hey...You know whats happening right now? Something pretty ******** magical. Its gonna blow your mind.
I'm actually learning about a LifeStyle in the LD.

Did I just blow your ******** mind or what?

Greedy Receiver

Call me Rainleaf
Eisefin
Call me Rainleaf
I'm sorry, furries in general just creep me the ******** out. I couldn't stop laughing whilst reading the Encyclopedia Dramatica page on Furries. ._.

Questions of my own:

What is your personal perception of what a furry is?

What about the furry fandom creeps you out?

The Dramatica page isn’t meant to be taken seriously and that episode of CSI that involved the furry convention was a dramatization of certain fur-suiters. Not every furry is lumped under the same definition as every hobby/interest/fandom has their extremists, sexual fetishes, and so on. To assume that every furry wants to have sexual relations while wearing a suit is fairly ignorant and narrow-minded, especially when going into a debate/conversation with others on the misconceptions that unraveled because of one episode on a television show.

And no, it’s not bestiality. At all. They’re anthropomorphic characters. That’s like saying Bugs Bunny kissing Elmer Fud on the Looney Tunes is bestiality and we’re all sick, fiendish zoophiliacs because we thought that was funny as children (you included if you ever enjoyed Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, or any character that was an animal portrayed with humanlike characteristics). Artwork portrayed with anthropomorphic characters is just another form of art, regardless of sexual content or not.

Loiterer

Call me Rainleaf

And I don't feel sympathy for the furries that are endlessly teased for being furries. I feel the same way about crazy Americans that take cosplaying to a new extreme. I don't see the appeal in dressing up in would-be cartoon outfits or animal costumes. I can say that it's bizarre because to me, it is. You may not agree with my opinion, but it can't be wrong, because neither us are right.
User ImageI'm not saying you can't hate furries. I can't control what you feel.

What I'm saying is you're extremely ignorant if you think MTV and ED are reliable resources of information on anything.

Greedy Receiver

Velvet Overkill
Hey...You know whats happening right now? Something pretty ******** magical. Its gonna blow your mind.
I'm actually learning about a LifeStyle in the LD.

Did I just blow your ******** mind or what?

emotion_awesome
It's fun to learn new things, especially about an otherwise misinformed fandom like the furry fandom.
Bornes
Call me Rainleaf

User Image
Furry isn't only sex.

furries are always on the news when they need some oddball s**t to spice up a slow news day
Jars of Sand
Omg I remember there were a few furries at my high school lol

Yes, please explain yourselves?

Explain yourself instead. Why do you enjoy vanilla-flavored things rather than the strange and exotic?
deadroosters
Jars of Sand

Explain yourself instead. Why do you enjoy vanilla-flavored things rather than the strange and exotic?

Are you talking about shape shifting? Because that is exotic and interesting.

Loiterer

deadroosters
and one more thing 3nodding
User ImageFront page of that link is sfw, but everything past that isn't, just fyi.
Furry art site.
Jars of Sand
deadroosters
Jars of Sand

Are you talking about shape shifting? Because that is exotic and interesting.

Same difference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces