3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Eisefin
the hipster soul
ok here's a question for furries.

'how do you put up with the incessant bashing from the non-furry community?'

Don’t care about it? There is no hobby or fandom that is unanimously favored. Why would anyone expect there to be?

i think you misunderstand my post. all i asked was how they put up with the bashing. i guess that means you get to jump to conclusions.

Greedy Receiver

the hipster soul
Eisefin
the hipster soul

Don’t care about it? There is no hobby or fandom that is unanimously favored. Why would anyone expect there to be?

i think you misunderstand my post. all i asked was how they put up with the bashing. i guess that means you get to jump to conclusions.

Q: How do they put up with it?

A: They don't care about it.

Where's the misconceptions or jumping to conclusions you're accusing me of?

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Eisefin
the hipster soul
Eisefin
the hipster soul

right here ^

but i can't take you seriously enough to continue, so it was nice talking to you.

Greedy Receiver

the hipster soul
Eisefin
the hipster soul
Eisefin
the hipster soul

right here ^

but i can't take you seriously enough to continue, so it was nice talking to you.

So what was the point in asking that question if you do not care to have an answer? I am not answering specifically because I am a furry enthusiast because that question could be asked for any hobby/lifestyle/fandom and you'd likely receive the same answer.

Unless you're asking for a more personal, independent answer.

Loiterer

X-Intercept II

1. You say that being a furry is about identifying with the animal you think represents you best, but why is it that you take it one step further and make a lifestyle out of it? I could say that a cat is my spirit animal but I'm not going to go out and make a suit out of it or put a name to my cat persona so what is it exactly that instigates you to become a furry?

If you're christian, why do you join a church? You can have a relationship to God without the church. What is it exactly that instigates you to become a churchgoer?
Quote:

2. How does being a furry benefit you? Besides being part of a sub-culture that shares the same traits as you, how does being a furry bring you greater life benefits?
Um, that is the benefit. Being part of a subculture. Same reason why teens follow fads and followers follow religion.
Quote:

3. When you are on your deathbed and perhaps you've had some kids or you have grandkids, will you think back to this part of your life? Would you let being a furry define you so much you tell your family about it? "I used to be a furry" or "I was part of this Internet sub-culture called furdom."
User Image I doubt it, but honestly I'm not really too involved in the furry community, so I suppose my opinion here doesn't count.

Beloved Seeker

I'm sorry, furries in general just creep me the ******** out. I couldn't stop laughing whilst reading the Encyclopedia Dramatica page on Furries. ._.

Greedy Receiver

Call me Rainleaf
I'm sorry, furries in general just creep me the ******** out. I couldn't stop laughing whilst reading the Encyclopedia Dramatica page on Furries. ._.

Questions of my own:

What is your personal perception of what a furry is?

What about the furry fandom creeps you out?

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Eisefin

Are you a furry?

Greedy Receiver

Velvet Overkill
Eisefin

Are you a furry?

I am a furry enthusiast. I find anthropomorphic characters fun to create and conventions in general sound fun for the experience and entertainment, but I’ve only been to a comic/sci-fi/anime convention so far. smile

Beloved Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
X-Intercept II
I have a few questions I would like answered by furries. Here we go:

1. You say that being a furry is about identifying with the animal you think represents you best, but why is it that you take it one step further and make a lifestyle out of it? I could say that a cat is my spirit animal but I'm not going to go out and make a suit out of it or put a name to my cat persona so what is it exactly that instigates you to become a furry?

2. How does being a furry benefit you? Besides being part of a sub-culture that shares the same traits as you, how does being a furry bring you greater life benefits?

3. When you are on your deathbed and perhaps you've had some kids or you have grandkids, will you think back to this part of your life? Would you let being a furry define you so much you tell your family about it? "I used to be a furry" or "I was part of this Internet sub-culture called furdom."

I guess other users can post questions for furries here too.

1. I guess I might be considered a furry by some and I do identify with an animal, but I don't really make a lifestyle out of it. I think that that animal is something they really love and care about and I guess the whole lifestyle thing is a way of expressing that.
2. It means I can meet others who share my interests! A lot of furries are into things like Star Trek or anime, like me.Being into the furry fandom also lets me improve my art!
3. Maybe, maybe not. That's a tough question...

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Eisefin
Velvet Overkill
Eisefin

Are you a furry?

I am a furry enthusiast. I find anthropomorphic characters fun to create and conventions in general sound fun for the experience and entertainment, but I’ve only been to a comic/sci-fi/anime convention so far. smile

I have a deathly real question.
Do furries only do it doggy style or what?

ALSO
Do all furries wear like, full on animal costume that show no skin
or like the sexy, half nude, neko thing going on?

Beloved Seeker

Eisefin
Call me Rainleaf

Questions of my own:

What is your personal perception of what a furry is?

What about the furry fandom creeps you out?

If you go to the Dramatica page, you can get an idea as to how I perceive it. I also watched a video on MTV that discussed it. Dressing up as animals and going to cons and either ******** or just getting extremely physical while wearing an animal costume is bizarre to me. I don't find it to be a culture or a way of life so much as a hobby you shouldn't discuss at the dinner table. The same is to be said for anime fetishes as well. ._. Like tentacle erotica- I find it oddly appealing, but I don't go around boasting that it's a culture or something...this is the first time I've ever even brought it up in a public forum. In my opinion, it's watered-down bestiality. I don't care if the art features bipedal dogs, cats, foxes, etc, they're mainly animals.

Loiterer

Velvet Overkill

rofl LOL
Furries do it however the ******** they want. They're not inhuman.
Quote:

ALSO

There's different groups of furries. Sizable groups do both. Some wear nothing animal-related at all and stick to it being an art thing.
X-Intercept II
I have a few questions I would like answered by furries. Here we go:

It's part of being a nerd, when you think something is cool as ******** and also don't really care that a shitload of other people hate on it.

Quote:

Bitches. 3nodding

Quote:

I guess other users can post questions for furries here too.

I will die in an explosion probably, and will not therefore have last words per se.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Bornes
Velvet Overkill

rofl LOL
Furries do it however the ******** they want. They're not inhuman.
Quote:

ALSO

There's different groups of furries. Sizable groups do both. Some wear nothing animal-related at all and stick to it being an art thing.

Neat
I would have preferred that they only did the butt humping though
If they did, I would be hanging out at EVERY furrie convention trying to pick up girls

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff