Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Man-Lover

9,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
I have a few questions I would like answered by furries. Here we go:

1. You say that being a furry is about identifying with the animal you think represents you best, but why is it that you take it one step further and make a lifestyle out of it? I could say that a cat is my spirit animal but I'm not going to go out and make a suit out of it or put a name to my cat persona so what is it exactly that instigates you to become a furry?

2. How does being a furry benefit you? Besides being part of a sub-culture that shares the same traits as you, how does being a furry bring you greater life benefits?

3. When you are on your deathbed and perhaps you've had some kids or you have grandkids, will you think back to this part of your life? Would you let being a furry define you so much you tell your family about it? "I used to be a furry" or "I was part of this Internet sub-culture called furdom."

I guess other users can post questions for furries here too.
i wonder if furries shave their pubes
tj is no butt face
i wonder if furries shave their pubes

You made me spit water all over my keyboard good think it's plastic. Anyways Furries ehh kinda weird me out. There was this furry convention a few blocks in SeaTac where I live and well I saw folks with cat paws and tails littering the sidewalks kinda creeped me out. Anyways yeahhhh don't see how it's bad but it is out there on the weirdness scale least to me.

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
ok here's a question for furries.

'how do you put up with the incessant bashing from the non-furry community?'

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Velvet Overkill
I'd take a furry over a brony any damn day
MAH SPIRIT ANIMAL IS RARITY

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
the hipster soul

By saying, "Look son, a f*****t! rofl "

Most just go, "Hahahahah, another idiot. See you later idiot!"

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Viceroy Adrian
the hipster soul

i guess ignoring them is the best option. but seriously why can't people just leave each other the ******** alone?

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Velvet Overkill
I'd take a furry over a brony any damn day

User Image

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
the hipster soul
Viceroy Adrian
the hipster soul

i guess ignoring them is the best option. but seriously why can't people just leave each other the ******** alone?

Because we're humans, with furries and their vocal opposition being mainly American. What better humans for hating on other people? Canada? lol
Omg I remember there were a few furries at my high school lol

Yes, please explain yourselves?

Greedy Receiver

The definition for furry fandom: “The furry fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at conventions.”

Not every furry identifies with a single, dominant animal while not every furry is identified under the same definition. There are furry enthusiasts, fur-suiters, furry artists, furry hobbyists; et cetera and not every furry actually makes a lifestyle out of it.

I am a yearly con-goer in Minnesota for a convention called Convergence. It’s a comic/sci-fi/anime convention for all to come and have the option to dress as that year’s theme or to dress as you wish independently. By going once a year does that mean I have conventions as a part of my lifestyle? Not really. And neither does being a furry enthusiast. Would I love to go to a furry convention to try out the experience and dress up? Heck yes, I would love to because it’s just the same as going to a regular convention, you’re surrounded by people with similar interests and could make friends – or even enemies, haha.

1: Not every furry identifies with an animal and not every furry makes a suit or a lifestyle from it. It’s fun to make anthropomorphic characters. They can simply be another original character made up by a creative mind. You don’t need to be a furry to make one.

2: How does having any hobby or interest benefit you? You can make friends with similar interests/hobbies. You can also increase your confidence and skills in arts and craftsmanship if you take an interest in drawing, sculpting, or fashioning fur-suits for people.

3: Why would this play into a significant part of me? It would be no more important for anything than playing video games, participating in Magic the Gathering tournaments, or taking countless hours to build the perfect Dungeons & Dragons campaign. Unless I had a career opportunity skyrocket from the fandom, like becoming a successful and well-known artist or something, then it wouldn’t be too important.

Greedy Receiver

the hipster soul

Don’t care about it? There is no hobby or fandom that is unanimously favored. Why would anyone expect there to be?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff