Welcome to Gaia! ::

1. Why exactly do they have a distinguishable scent? Where is it from?
2. Do you know any elderly people in a retirement home?
3. Would you like to be placed in a retirement home if that time ever comes to be? Why or why not?
4. Are you afraid to get older? Or are you just afraid to die?

This is for my own curiosity purposes.

But yeah. Aging is pretty inevitable. People pay for plastic surgery to change the outside appearance of it, but it never changes what day or year you were born.
1. Not all of them do, but many of them that do smell that way because they've ruined their senses and they don't give a damn anymore. Here's a hint, the nicer the old person smells, the nicer they are to hang around. It's like that book by Roald Dahl, The Twits.
2. No, not closely, thank goodness.
3. HELL NO! I'm going to be an old badass, I'm never going to allow myself to turn into the people I saw growing up, even if I die trying.
4. I'm not afraid to get older. I'm afraid of turning into an "old person". I don't want to become feeble and grumpy and smelly. I want to be fun, I want to LIVE, I want to be someone that people actually like, not someone they feel obligated to visit. Someone that people think is too stupid to realize that no one really likes them...
TikiBox
3. Would you like to be placed in a retirement home if that time ever comes to be? Why or why not?

This is for my own curiosity purposes.

But yeah. Aging is pretty inevitable. People pay for plastic surgery to change the outside appearance of it, but it never changes what day or year you were born.

3. No, but an apartment would be fine.
4. Afraid to get killed painfully (especially drowning, thats my biggest fear) but not afraid to die, to get older... I dont know, depends what the future brings- im actually happy being i school where i have somthing to do every day and see my friends no matter if thier busy all the time of not. but maybe having free time would be fun, i duno it also depends if im one of those people like i am i the summer and never leave the house, or if i actually do things.
2. my grandparents all live in the house with other family relatives
3. i dont want to be, because it makes me feel like im being shunned aside, i wont be able to see the outside world everyday.

last year i had a service project where i among others threw parties for those in retirement homes around christmas time. it seemed very depressing for me to be there. to be surrounded by many people that old, and not to be rash, but diminishing as well. the community group at my school tells us that even if some might get visited by their children and grandchildren, it still can get pretty lonely. my time during there, was not very colorful. in fact, it seemed as if all the glow came with my "party group."

i want to be able to see the outside world, and to live with my family, being put up in there would make me feel like i wont be able to play any significant role in watching my grandchildren grow up. i do not want to be forgotten by my grandchidren, and thought of as another nuisance when they do decide to visit
mmm,,,old ppl kkinda suck, in that they r pretty useless except 2 suck up the govrnmnts money
TikiBox

1. Not all have it. I'm not sure if it's the products they use. Some older women use fragrances and body care practices that women these days don't, so that might attribute to it. Maybe it was hot back in the day.
Or they're the one that has trouble holding their pee back, in which case, you're smelling piss.

2. Yes. My grandma. My father and his wife both work, so they couldn't take care of her, and when she was on her own, she wouldn't take her medication, clean her house, or even eat. She got a bad cut on her hand and didn't go to the doctor, my dad visited her a few days after it happened and ended up having to take her. No one's available to turn taking care of her into a full-time job, so they put her in a home. It's pretty nice, they have a lot of stuff available, and you're kind of living in an apartment with nurses.

3. No. I don't want to be in a position where I can't take care of myself. Pride issue.

4. No, I'm going to enjoy annoying people and trying to get away with stuff because "she's so old, she probably doesn't know any better."

LeZenith
mmm,,,old ppl kkinda suck, in that they r pretty useless except 2 suck up the govrnmnts money

Hmm, with spelling like that, and a completely apathetic opinion, I'm sure you are really just a valuable asset to society. wink

Phantom

TikiBox

i'm not afraid of death. i don't want to get so old that i'm confined to a wheelchair, living on applesauce, wearing a diaper, and have alzhimers. i don't care how old and ugly i get, as long as i can still take care of myself, live on my own, and enjoy life.
1. no clue
2. not personally, no. Just listen to endless talk from my ex about the ones at the retirement home she works at.
3. No, i decided long ago, and have continued to go with the idea that when i get to the point that i can't take care of myself i will end my own life. If i can no longer go out and enjoy life, and have to make those i care about that still can enjoy life go out of there way to take care of me i will decide to end it there.
4. Nope, and no.
1) no idea where that smell comes from, but my gran isnt smelly... the only time i notice it is in housing where there are only elderly staying there.

2) i dont know anyone in a home, but i used to work in one and most of the staff were horrible to the residents =( i couldnt hack it.

3) i wouldnt put anyone into a home unless it was the only option left, but if i ever end up with dementia (and euthanasia isnt legalized) then i wont know any different anyway... id rather not be a burden to family, but if my minds still working i dont want to be forgotten/ mistreated either... sheltered housing and a home help would be the best i can hope for i guess.

4) Im not looking forward to getting old, it does scare me a little bit, but only because everything will stop working (eyes, ears, sense of smell, weak bladder, all that bad stuff lol) but death is peace, so im not worried about that.
My nan smells of a mix of mint sauce and dust.
Nope, my nan lives next door to us so it's like a home cos my mum looks after her.
As long as it wasn't a crappy one that mistreated old people. It would be nice not to be lonely.
I don't mind getting older but I'm not going to die. I'm currently working on finding the fountain of youth.
My one greatest fear is to get old. I would rather die young.

I hate old people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces