Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a female friend she's 15 and she hasn't had a period and she's very short and small breasts is something wrong with her eek

Oh and this is optional to answer why are people into the emo trend.

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
She's just a late bloomer, if she hasn't had her period by the time she's 18 she should see a doctor.

The emo trend makes whiney middle schoolers feel like they belong. As long as they don't talk about it too much I just ignore it.
Not getting your period up until seventeen is within normal range.
Tell her not to worry.
She's CURSED that's why..... okay, no. I think everybody else has already accurately answered your question.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Now, I want you to know first of order that this is a very slim possibility and she's probably just a late bloomer. It happens, especially when you're a shorter person, because puberty is partially triggered by body weight. So I wouldn't worry about it yet.

There is, however, a disorder called Androgen Insensitivity. These people are genetically male - that is, XY - but the testosterone that they produced when they were a foetus (i.e., androgen) couldn't be taken up by the part of their brain that's meant to do that. This androgen is what triggers male foetuses to start developing into boys. Before that, all foetuses appear female.

With androgen insensitivity, the brain doesn't take up the androgen and so this process isn't triggered, and the baby appears physically female. Often they don't notice that there's any sort of problem until puberty when they don't develop. Their body won't turn into a male body because their brain can't take up the male hormone, but they won't turn into a female body easily because they don't produce much oestrogen. They just get given some oestrogen and they develop as women.

So she should be fine, but if she's concerned she may want to talk to her doctor, who will probably tell her she's fine and just needs to wait it out.
shes growing still
She's incredibly lucky.
I wish I could have gotten my first period at 15 or 16. :[

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Sanguina-chan
Now, I want you to know first of order that this is a very slim possibility and she's probably just a late bloomer. It happens, especially when you're a shorter person, because puberty is partially triggered by body weight. So I wouldn't worry about it yet.

There is, however, a disorder called Androgen Insensitivity. These people are genetically male - that is, XY - but the testosterone that they produced when they were a foetus (i.e., androgen) couldn't be taken up by the part of their brain that's meant to do that. This androgen is what triggers male foetuses to start developing into boys. Before that, all foetuses appear female.

With androgen insensitivity, the brain doesn't take up the androgen and so this process isn't triggered, and the baby appears physically female. Often they don't notice that there's any sort of problem until puberty when they don't develop. Their body won't turn into a male body because their brain can't take up the male hormone, but they won't turn into a female body easily because they don't produce much oestrogen. They just get given some oestrogen and they develop as women.

So she should be fine, but if she's concerned she may want to talk to her doctor, who will probably tell her she's fine and just needs to wait it out.

It's spelled "fetus" not "foetus".

Tipsy Codger

3,850 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I agree with the second poster....probably just a late bloomer. If she's worried, she can go to a doctor, but unless she's in the same state at 18+ she should be fine.

Tipsy Codger

3,850 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
ChandaPanda123

Actually, it can be spelled fetus, foetus or fœtus.

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
now is forever
ChandaPanda123

Actually, it can be spelled fetus, foetus or fœtus.

That's odd.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces