Welcome to Gaia! ::

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I think that until the gay community establishes itself as full citizens in the US, there is a need for all of this attention, to show that they are here, and that they are productive members of society just as much as the heterosexual community. As of now, they are secondary citizens, discriminated against based on nothing but their sexual orientation and looked down upon if they so much as talk about it. Therefore, to keep the community strong and to one day gain full rights, they need to be proud in order to keep strong.

Once the next generation steps up, being more liberal, then this will all die down because, more than likely, it will be just common as heterosexuality.

This is a pattern, as it happened with women and minorities as well, ignorant people just can't learn from history and move forward.
You know we all don't prance around half naked barfing rainbows.
It's good to have pride for who you are.
YEAY PRIDE

Yes i do like my pride a lot

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I would like to go to a gay pride parade. Will I show off my goods? No.How about we close down mardi grass because girls show off their chest and people have sex on the rodes? Just don't go to one and that will be that.
In media res
To the gays who complain every single day about rights, suck it the f**k up, stop parading the streets half dressed, and don't barf rainbows, then we'll talk.

Seriously though, queer pressure is incredibly unhealthy. To the gay community, you can never be gay enough, out enough, or flamboyant enough.

Have any of you experienced queer pressure? Where gays get pissed off with you because you refuse to believe in gay pride, or post rainbows on everything you own?

I dont mind rainbows, but I do hate people flaunting the stereotype of gay people.

it's an image that was created not by gay people but by the media. stop flaunting it.
it's like the goth stereotypes.... most real goths dont follow them, and I'm sure in the future it'll become more of an embarassment, so real gay people would stray away from that ridiculousness.

oh. hello in media res again. smile
If you want to be gay that's fine, but the whole ultra-flamboyant thing gets very old after a while. Probably because I get annoyed by happy people quickly. But back on topic, I don't see the need to try to ram your gayness down my throat. You don't see me going around flaunting how straight I am. >.>

Oh, and the parades are just ridiculous

Try living near Seattle..and going to Capital Hill
ITS a huge gay comunity
And of course,they have huuuge gaypride things up there
neutral
I mean,the parades...are.O_o
And they have a drag queen soft ball game and stuff like that tooduring the week
Just some of the stuff they do is ridiculous

Gay people of either sex have never bothered me,but the way they act at times
How they complain about not being accepted
But they way they flounce around in rainbows
I mean,some girl wore all rainbow to school and wore a gaypride t shirt..
and walked..al..flouncy..
and of course people are going to look at her weird
but in her terms it was probably considered"Discrimanation"
neutral

Blargh.
hell. I'm gay and I'm tired about all of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff