Welcome to Gaia! ::

To the gays who complain every single day about rights, suck it the ******** up, stop parading the streets half dressed, and don't barf rainbows, then we'll talk.

Seriously though, queer pressure is incredibly unhealthy. To the gay community, you can never be gay enough, out enough, or flamboyant enough.

Have any of you experienced queer pressure? Where gays get pissed off with you because you refuse to believe in gay pride, or post rainbows on everything you own?
yea a gay guy tried to get me into that gay pride stuff...but im just not 4 it.....he even tryed 2 hit on me so that ended our relationship completely.>.>

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
You know, all of the gay pride bullshit has started to make me detest rainbows.

It makes me sad sometimes.

It it were you rights you would feel differently. I don't get the whole pride thing I donut see how orientation is something to be proud about. I don't think most gays parade and what not. Never felt any queer pressure either.

C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n

Exactly. I think gay pride is absolutely ridiculous. Why be PROUD of that?
Well I was thinking queer pressure was more the pressure to experiment, based on other peoples' relationships.

It's understandable they strut their stuff; we're still in that stage when they're not fully accepted afterall. It's like when African Americans first got their rights.
But I do agree there is a fine line between strutting your stuff and shoving it down peoples' throats.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
In media res
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n

Exactly. I think gay pride is absolutely ridiculous. Why be PROUD of that?
Oh, I don't mind if people are proud that they are gay.

But if you cram something down my throat without giving me a chance to think about what it is, I -WILL- hate it.

Relentless Glitch

They're all a bunch of bullies.
why not be proud of your orientation?
rolleyes
im sure gays are not too happy about straight people making rude posts about them either.
jeez.
leave them alone.
not to be mean because yea im gay too but... all that rainbow and stuff gives gays a bad name just if your gay your gay ok no need to blast it in anyones face stare its annoying stare
cattxcatastrophe
rolleyes
im sure gays are not too happy about straight people making rude posts about them either.
jeez.
leave them alone.

You claim to be born that way, are you saying that white pride is okay as well? Or Arabs bombing Jews? Americans bombing Iraqis?

Like hell I will leave them alone.
In media res
cattxcatastrophe
rolleyes
jeez.
leave them alone.

You claim to be born that way, are you saying that white pride is okay as well? Or Arabs bombing Jews? Americans bombing Iraqis?

Like hell I will leave them alone.

=( I don't think that's very nice...

I'm bi, but I don't shove it down people's throats. I'm an old-fashioned person who believes that private things should be kept private, and if you're going to flaunt something then you'd better have a damn good reason to. I'm not proud of being bi. I never liked rainbows, anyway... =/
Way to generalize and stereotype.

Every day on here someone shoves some kind of religion or other belief in my face, why shouldn't I shove my sexuality in theirs?

It seems a little... Shall we say... Homophobic to attack gays when there are plenty of other social groups on Gaia that broadcast their beliefs and their pride in them just as much as the LGBT community does.

EDIT// Also, I doubt most of the LGBT community would object if there was a hetero pride thread or something floating around the boards. Stop complaining. If you don't like the topics, don't read them.

The simple fact is that a lot of LGBT people are still pushed out of society. Perhaps they come on here to talk to people who feel the same as them, just as you may go to the music forum to discuss an artist you like that none of your friends do.
I have less respect for them because when all I hear about them bitching about life... seriously now we all have problems you have problems I have problems. Pride is nice, but dont get pissed if all of a sudden there was a hetro parade. And i like the double standard there, how if there was hetro pride it would be wrong and racist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff