Welcome to Gaia! ::

Less Than Beth

I'm glad youre okay and everything worked out for by finding a way to adjust. Everything is so new so I probably just need to ride through it and adapt. :]
And you don't worry too much, it's nice to know I'm being thought of 3nodding

i know you'll do great. and that's what i do when it gets bad i worry bout friends and family. i use to stress out and get so upset right after the tornado when it would storm cause my mom and dad wouldn't get in the basement. i'm not as bad now though

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Lil Enslaved Kitten
Less Than Beth

I'm glad youre okay and everything worked out for by finding a way to adjust. Everything is so new so I probably just need to ride through it and adapt. :]

i know you'll do great. and that's what i do when it gets bad i worry bout friends and family. i use to stress out and get so upset right after the tornado when it would storm cause my mom and dad wouldn't get in the basement. i'm not as bad now though

Goodness. I know how the stress is when you don't have control over things. Everything feels unstable when youre not in control over things like that.
Less Than Beth
Lil Enslaved Kitten
Less Than Beth

Goodness. I know how the stress is when you don't have control over things. Everything feels unstable when youre not in control over things like that.
it was rough. think in their old age they're getting a lil better bout it though. they called my birth mom and asked her to come up to their place just in case and they never do that. so maybe they are finally learning lol

Friendly Guildsman

I went to a therapy session today and my therapist suggested something interesting. He suggested meditation and/or yoga. Apparently if you teach your body and mind to relax in a yoga/meditation setting it crosses over in to your every day life. That seemed intelligent to me.

We also talked about the fact that I feel like a failure for not being able to work and not feeling like I am earning money to take care of my family, regardless of the fact that I am retired and earn money that way. My therapist pointed out that the things I do, the volunteer work etc, is like therapy. It made sense to me.

Beth, you were sharing your job with us. Do any of you also have trouble at work?
grinningjester
I went to a therapy session today and my therapist suggested something interesting. He suggested meditation and/or yoga. Apparently if you teach your body and mind to relax in a yoga/meditation setting it crosses over in to your every day life. That seemed intelligent to me.

We also talked about the fact that I feel like a failure for not being able to work and not feeling like I am earning money to take care of my family, regardless of the fact that I am retired and earn money that way. My therapist pointed out that the things I do, the volunteer work etc, is like therapy. It made sense to me.

Beth, you were sharing your job with us. Do any of you also have trouble at work?
i've been wanting to volunteer with the tornado releif here but every time i think about being in the lil town or around the people knowing what its like i get so scared a back out.
and i don't work anymore but i use to have a lot of trouble at work, i went through a lot of jobs before i started at sonic where i still had a lot of problems but i was working with and for friends so they put up with me

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
i've been wanting to volunteer with the tornado releif here but every time i think about being in the lil town or around the people knowing what its like i get so scared a back out.
and i don't work anymore but i use to have a lot of trouble at work, i went through a lot of jobs before i started at sonic where i still had a lot of problems but i was working with and for friends so they put up with me

Why don't you work anymore? Was it a choice? If so, was it a difficult one or an easy one?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

Why don't you work anymore? Was it a choice? If so, was it a difficult one or an easy one?
i'm trying to get my dis now. every time i had a job was against my doc's orders. he wanted me to have a desk job but i couldn't make him understand how horrifying that was for me. my therapist at the time understood though. finally admitting that i just couldn't do it anymore was the hardest thing i have ever done. i've always worked to test my limits and i was doing nothing but hurting myself more every time i went into work. that's when i started taking all the pain pills so i could do the work and push myself to finish a day. when i got clean is when i had to admit that i was done. i cried a lot and started helping my mom with her goats cause i could take my time and sit when i needed to but i still had to eat advil like candy but hey it was a lil work to keep me from going crazy. now i have my house work

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

I finally told my mom I have PTSD. She took it pretty well but seems skeptical about it, which I don't blame her. I'm starting to think that opening up isn't really as bad as I alway thought it is. Kinda like I was making a big deal out of something simple. Maybe it's all the practice I've been getting with you guys :] I really appericate having all of you to talk to.

Friendly Guildsman

Less Than Beth
I finally told my mom I have PTSD. She took it pretty well but seems skeptical about it, which I don't blame her. I'm starting to think that opening up isn't really as bad as I alway thought it is. Kinda like I was making a big deal out of something simple. Maybe it's all the practice I've been getting with you guys :] I really appericate having all of you to talk to.

Congratulations. It is so difficult to share and it really is more difficult in real life. Did you explain why you have PTSD?

Lil Enslaved Kitten
i'm trying to get my dis now. every time i had a job was against my doc's orders. he wanted me to have a desk job but i couldn't make him understand how horrifying that was for me. my therapist at the time understood though. finally admitting that i just couldn't do it anymore was the hardest thing i have ever done. i've always worked to test my limits and i was doing nothing but hurting myself more every time i went into work. that's when i started taking all the pain pills so i could do the work and push myself to finish a day. when i got clean is when i had to admit that i was done. i cried a lot and started helping my mom with her goats cause i could take my time and sit when i needed to but i still had to eat advil like candy but hey it was a lil work to keep me from going crazy. now i have my house work

Choosing to let go of my work was heartbreaking for me. I'm getting upset about it just typing this. Even though it was killing me to keep working, it was my life. I don't know what it is about law enforcement...it's like once you are one, it's in your blood. I still haven't been able to let go completely. I watch Cops all day and listen to the scanner obsessively. I even miss the paperwork. The worst part about this is that I have no plan. I'm a person with a plan. I feel lost without one. My life plan was ahead of me before, it was very clear and set. Now I have no plan, no life goal. What am I supposed to be if not a cop?

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester
Less Than Beth

Congratulations. It is so difficult to share and it really is more difficult in real life. Did you explain why you have PTSD?

I did what every young adult does: blamed it on the divorece. XD
Nah, I didn't touch too much on the details. I explained what my PTSD may be related to and what my sessions are going to be like. I can tell my mom was happy that I let her in on what I've been doing and whatnot.

Friendly Guildsman

Less Than Beth

Nah, I didn't touch too much on the details. I explained what my PTSD may be related to and what my sessions are going to be like. I can tell my mom was happy that I let her in on what I've been doing and whatnot.

I'm glad she was understanding. Do you think you'll ever be able to talk to her about all of it?
Less Than Beth
you go girl blaugh it takes time and learning for family to understand what's going on ya'll get there heart and so glad i have all of you as well
grinningjester

Lil Enslaved Kitten

Choosing to let go of my work was heartbreaking for me. I'm getting upset about it just typing this. Even though it was killing me to keep working, it was my life. I don't know what it is about law enforcement...it's like once you are one, it's in your blood. I still haven't been able to let go completely. I watch Cops all day and listen to the scanner obsessively. I even miss the paperwork. The worst part about this is that I have no plan. I'm a person with a plan. I feel lost without one. My life plan was ahead of me before, it was very clear and set. Now I have no plan, no life goal. What am I supposed to be if not a cop?
aww i's sorry i didn't want you to get stressed.
the "what to be now" is were you need to talk to your wife heart that's one big thing that has helped me. because now i know i am the wife, mother, housekeeper, and baby girl for my Daddy and that is what i work at everyday. granted i slack sometimes but its made me feel better about not know what i was going to do with my life. plus you have your art and the cool work you and your friend do. which btw the website is still down crying i wanna go look at things lol

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester
Less Than Beth

I'm glad she was understanding. Do you think you'll ever be able to talk to her about all of it?

Probably not. I don't it's necessary to bring it up.

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
aww i's sorry i didn't want you to get stressed.
the "what to be now" is were you need to talk to your wife heart that's one big thing that has helped me. because now i know i am the wife, mother, housekeeper, and baby girl for my Daddy and that is what i work at everyday. granted i slack sometimes but its made me feel better about not know what i was going to do with my life. plus you have your art and the cool work you and your friend do. which btw the website is still down crying i wanna go look at things lol

I do have my art and side work. I know the website is down...cry. I worked so hard on that thing. My business partner is taking her sweet time contacting the provider to get it put back up. I posted some pics of our work on that other website that I can't mention.

As for the what to do now question, doing art and generally staying at home doesn't bring anything to the family and that is really difficult for me. I'm starting to consider if there are jobs to do from home. Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff