Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Guildsman

the apathetic guy
hope this gets removed for low content like my support threads do

Thank you.
the apathetic guy
hope this gets removed for low content like my support threads do
aww how sweet we have a troll heart
the disablity is what i'm working on now. and god its rough. i gave up the first time i tried cause they keep putting my court date off for so long that i almost lost everything. so i found a place to let me work against docotors orders and that would let me hid during storms. now that i have a supportive husband i'm trying again and they're doing me the same way. its going to court and the main reason they keep turning me down is cause they see me as to young to be disabled. it makes me feel so bad cause i would love to go back to work but i know there is no way i would ever be able to and hold down a steady job

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
the disablity is what i'm working on now. and god its rough. i gave up the first time i tried cause they keep putting my court date off for so long that i almost lost everything. so i found a place to let me work against docotors orders and that would let me hid during storms. now that i have a supportive husband i'm trying again and they're doing me the same way. its going to court and the main reason they keep turning me down is cause they see me as to young to be disabled. it makes me feel so bad cause i would love to go back to work but i know there is no way i would ever be able to and hold down a steady job

I feel the same way. I'm way too young to be retired but I am. I hate that I am not able work. It makes me feel like an unproductive member of society. I volunteer a lot but it's not the same. How do you occupy your time? Do you have a lawyer helping you with your case?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

I feel the same way. I'm way too young to be retired but I am. I hate that I am not able work. It makes me feel like an unproductive member of society. I volunteer a lot but it's not the same. How do you occupy your time? Do you have a lawyer helping you with your case?
yeah my dad sent me to the one that done his case. and i'm a house wife now cook clean take care of the dogs soon to just be one again (gotta love being lied to about the way a dog acts) and be taking care of baby come august
grinningjester
Princess Sumire

o.o It would be a great help to be guided in how to get a PTSD service dog!! Right now I'm in the dark about it and everyone from my parents to my psychologist to my doctors are telling me "There's no such thing as a mental health service dog...service dogs are for blind people."

That's absolutely false in the U.S. The Americans with Disabilities Act states that any person with a disability can have a service dog. Here's the update on it that clearly mentions people with PTSD. The trick is getting your doctor to admit you are impaired and qualify for disability. Since your doctor isn't helpful as far as service dogs specifically, you can pretend you are trying to apply for disability if you haven't already. If you have, this is a non issue.

The first secret about service dogs is that there is no standardized testing for them. No tests are required. Anyone can slap a tag on a dog and call it a service dog. That being said, you are responsible for your dog and if someone a) calls you on it and you don't have a disability or b) if your dog pees inside or attacks or otherwise does something bad you are responsible and they can sue you and you'll be screwed . To be safe, your dog should pass the Public Access Test and it's a bonus to have a Canine Good Citizen certification.

Second secret: you can train your own dog. Any dog can be a service dog. For example, my dog is a springer spaniel and I had him for three years before I trained him as a service dog. There is a difference between service dogs and therapy dogs though. Service dogs must be trained to do tasks specific to a person's disability. If all the dog does is make you feel better, it's a therapy dog.

The Delta Society has a lot of really good information. Here's a link.
I definitely want to get one in the most legal way possible. I already have Disablity. Thank you for the links ^.^ I'll look into them.

Friendly Guildsman

Princess Sumire
] I definitely want to get one in the most legal way possible. I already have Disablity. Thank you for the links ^.^ I'll look into them.

Since you have a disability already, you don't have to fight to get recognized as having a problem. That makes it a lot easier for you. There are places that supply service dogs that are already trained. So you could go that route. I don't know how to go about doing that but there are people who specialize in service dogs for psychiatric disorders. The Delta Society has listings for places that provide pretained animals. Another useful site is Psychdog.

If you want to train your own dog, this is the test the dog should pass. The trick is finding a registered test administrator in your area. The Delta Society also has a list of trainers who help you train your own dog.

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
yeah my dad sent me to the one that done his case. and i'm a house wife now cook clean take care of the dogs soon to just be one again (gotta love being lied to about the way a dog acts) and be taking care of baby come august

I'm a househusband. I don't know how not to be ashamed of that. Maybe that makes me old fashioned but it's very difficult for me. I feel like I'm not providing for my wife in the way I should.
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

I'm a househusband. I don't know how not to be ashamed of that. Maybe that makes me old fashioned but it's very difficult for me. I feel like I'm not providing for my wife in the way I should.
aww you sound like my dad when he first had to go on disability thought he was gonna go crazy not being able to work. don't be ashamed just being there and helping with the house means more to a woman then you will ever know. (trust me i am one 3nodding )

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
aww you sound like my dad when he first had to go on disability thought he was gonna go crazy not being able to work. don't be ashamed just being there and helping with the house means more to a woman then you will ever know. (trust me i am one 3nodding )

Really? That's really good to know. I just feel so useless. And I understand about the going crazy not being able to work. I feel like I am. It is horrible. I used to be such an active person and now I can't be. What were you like before the tornado?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

Really? That's really good to know. I just feel so useless. And I understand about the going crazy not being able to work. I feel like I am. It is horrible. I used to be such an active person and now I can't be. What were you like before the tornado?
oh lord i was hell on wheels hun. even after where i was with people i knew and trusted only after i took to heavy drinking and pain pills it was bad. but yeah before it was nothing for me to walk up to someone on the street and say hi i even worked out the county fair every year helping the carnies with the rides and working the gates. after i worked as a carhop at sonic for a long time but i used every type of pain pill and nerve med i could get my hands on by the time i lost my job even they weren't working i would get so scared walking up to peoples cars when they weren't someone i knew that i would drop food and drinks and mess up money really bad
He is wise who is warned by the misfortunes of others.

Nice thread. It just sucks that you had to experience what you did.

Friendly Guildsman

Belonging To Night
He is wise who is warned by the misfortunes of others.

Nice thread. It just sucks that you had to experience what you did.

That is a great quote! And thanks for being understanding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff