Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, me and my boyfriend are thinking about getting a motel for a frisky day. It's more of something he wants to do, but whatever. I'm paying for it, and he said he'd respect if I wasn't ready, but, he continues talking about it. We've only been going out for about a month, and I really like him, but am I old enough? I know our parents wouldn't approve at all, his mom makes us keep the door open when we're in his room, and my family checks in on us when we're in my room because neither set wants us doing anything frisky.

Discuss:
~What age do you think is okay to have sex?
~Is it okay to have sex due to pressure from the guy you're with?
~Are you a virgin? If not, what was your first time like?

EDIT: Just to make things a little more clear, I turn 18 (the age of consent) in august and he turns 19 on the 29th of this month. I am able to afford a child if such a thing arises because I currently have a job, though I would most likely get it aborted because I'm not ready for quite that much. And...

UPDATE: He decided that he wants to wait until I'm 18 for actual intercourse to make sure we aren't rushing things. smile
~What age do you think is okay to have sex? I generally stick to the legal age of consent, which around here is 18 years old, but I also believe that some people are ready before then and some are not ready until a while after that age. It depends on the individual.
~Is it okay to have sex due to pressure from the guy you're with? Nobody should be pressuring you to do anything. If you are ready, then I guess it is okie, but if you are not ready, then it definitely is not okie.
~Are you a virgin? If not, what was your first time like? My first time was when I was 16 years old and with a guy whom I do not speak to anymore. Completely unromantic and not pleasurable at all, but it was not painful either. I wanted it to happen... So I am conent with it. A neutral memory.
I personally can't put an age to when it is okay to have sex, but surely when you're mature enough to handle it and the possible risks of pregnancy or STDs? But I know that's not the case with most people and I'm a virgin, what do I know lol? Actually I do know that it's NOT okay to be pressured into having sex. Though it's something he insists and probably looks forward to he should mean it when he says he respects it if you aren't ready.
It's kinda lame that it's something he wants to do, but he wants you to pay for it. Question mark?

Rainbow Dog

First off, you should absolutely never have sex just because you're being pressured into it. It's never okay for your partner to pressure you into anything, especially not sex.

If you're old enough to rent out a room in a motel, I would assume you're not a minor and therefore perfectly old enough to have sex, but it's not limited to just "being old enough". It's extremely important that you feel emotionally and physically ready for sex and that you're educated on important things like contraceptives and STIs.

I'm not a virgin, my first time was pretty disappointing in hindsight. I didn't feel any pain or discomfort, but it was over pretty quick and there really wasn't much to it since the guy didn't really care about anything more than getting his rocks off. Luckily, I've run into much more compassionate partners since him.

Don't just do this because he wants you to, wait until you both want to do it.

Romantic Lover

Age? How about the proper conditions.
You need to be living on your own.
you need to be paying all your own bills.
You need to have a plan for your future.
You need to be on some type of female contraception.
You need to be able to afford a child if you ever go down that "accidental pregnancy" road.
If you do not meet these conditions, do not have sex.

Floppy Miko

User Image

I'm a virgin, but I believe that sex is okay as long as you're ready. Be safe/careful, and don't let him pressure you into it. You may end up regretting it later.

User Image

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

69 emotion_donotwant

rambunctious-mule
    ~What age do you think is okay to have sex?

Hellraiser

Mistaken Life
Age? How about the proper conditions.
You need to be living on your own.
you need to be paying all your own bills.
You need to have a plan for your future.
You need to be on some type of female contraception.
You need to be able to afford a child if you ever go down that "accidental pregnancy" road.
If you do not meet these conditions, do not have sex.

rofl

Lupine Labtech

Proper age is... the legal age in your country. Maybe.

/Kat

Lonely Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
There is no set age, and to think otherwise is foolish.

That said, your boyfriend is a tool for pressing you unduly.

Hellraiser

Let people have sex whenever they want, if they face consequences let them figure it out.
Sex is sex, why are there so many restrictions? The age of consent is bullshit, sure people are going to claim "RAPE!" if they're under-age.
While I say this, there are some things I don't agree with but I let people live their lives without getting into their business.
Come at me.
uh
1 month is pretty damned early
especially since he keeps bugging you about it.
...i wonder what he actually wants out of this relationship. hmmm.

(aka: i'm pretty damned sure this boy doesn't actually like you. if he does, he's letting his d**k control him a bit too much.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff