Welcome to Gaia! ::

~What age do you think is okay to have sex?
It doesn't matter, as long as they're not living with their parents and use proper birth control. If you're living under your parents' roof and have sex, that's just ******** up.

~Is it okay to have sex due to pressure from the guy you're with?
No. Only do it if you feel like it.

Hilarious Friend

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Flatterer 200
You just need to know when ur ready, if your having second thoughts about the guy ur gonna share ur "first time" then maybe u should postpone.
if u know about sex and know the dangers and protection, then i think ur old enough for sex. Age always varies

Bloodsucker

6,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Marriage years old.

A month? Seriously? Are you always so emotionally unattached?

And also...in a grimy motel? For your first time!? O_O

And an abortion!? Don't get me started...

Age doesn't mean a thing without maturity.
ich-Rawr
Marriage years old.

So you believe in abstinence?
Actually, this is only my third boyfriend, and he's the only one I've felt attached to. First one was a couple months long, that was for the money, and second was six months, due to pity...never even kissed the man.
It wouldn't be a grimy one :/ if I'm paying, it's gonna be something nice. Not really terrible though, considering my first kiss was forced upon me by some twenty year old guy when I was fifteen that wanted to "trade head" the next time I came over, obviously never went back.
If I don't have the means to care for it, even though I created it, and is therefore my responsibility, shouldn't it be my choice to get rid of it?
And if I am mature, it's perfectly fine? Even if I'm under the age of consent?

Bloodsucker

6,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
Marriage years old.

Actually, this is only my third boyfriend, and he's the only one I've felt attached to. First one was a couple months long, that was for the money, and second was six months, due to pity...never even kissed the man.
It wouldn't be a grimy one :/ if I'm paying, it's gonna be something nice. Not really terrible though, considering my first kiss was forced upon me by some twenty year old guy when I was fifteen that wanted to "trade head" the next time I came over, obviously never went back.
If I don't have the means to care for it, even though I created it, and is therefore my responsibility, shouldn't it be my choice to get rid of it?

It seems like you've had a lot of experience, but still you sound like you don't really know what sex entails. People have made it out to be something simple...something you just do because everyone else does it, but really it's sacred. You don't have to practice abstinence to realize that. "Age of consent" was just something created by the government. Just because a person turns 18 doesn't mean they're ready to take on everything. It only means they're permitted to.
ich-Rawr
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
Marriage years old.

It seems like you've had a lot of experience, but still you sound like you don't really know what sex entails. People have made it out to be something simple...something you just do because everyone else does it, but really it's sacred. You don't have to practice abstinence to realize that. "Age of consent" was just something created by the government. Just because a person turns 18 doesn't mean they're ready to take on everything. It only means they're permitted to.

I know it's not simple, and all the consequences that are involved, I considered being abstinent for about two years in high school since the idea of sex terrified me. I've been in five or so sex ed classes though. I don't want to because everyone else is, otherwise I would have done that middle school. Since you seem to know, what would be the proper point in a relationship to enjoy such activities without ruining a relationship? Since he's already done some things I don't approve of since the first date

Bloodsucker

6,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
Marriage years old.

It seems like you've had a lot of experience, but still you sound like you don't really know what sex entails. People have made it out to be something simple...something you just do because everyone else does it, but really it's sacred. You don't have to practice abstinence to realize that. "Age of consent" was just something created by the government. Just because a person turns 18 doesn't mean they're ready to take on mostly everything. It only means they're permitted to.

I know it's not simple, and all the consequences that are involved, I considered being abstinent for about two years in high school since the idea of sex terrified me. I've been in five or so sex ed classes though. I don't want to because everyone else is, otherwise I would have done that middle school. Since you seem to know, what would be the proper point in a relationship to enjoy such activities without ruining a relationship? Since he's already done some things I don't approve of since the first date

Well as you guessed, I practice abstinence, but that's only because I'm convicted to do so. If you don't have the same convictions that I do, I would say the proper point to have sex with the guy is when you two are best friends, or in other words, when you love each other. If he's already done things you don't approve of, I don't think he'll live up to the title of a "best friend", since best friends respect each other's space and respect each other in general. You shouldn't have to warn him a gazillion times to stop touching you or talking to you a certain way. That's not a healthy relationship, and while some unhealthy relationships can be mended with time and persistence, others will always fail because they were not meant to be. Even though I'm saying these things, I'm only trying to be mindful of your views. If you really want to know what the "proper point" is for me, it's marriage. I plan to be tied to one man for the rest of my life. It seems quite filthy and impersonal to sleep around with people you don't plan to love for the rest of your life.
when your married stupid.
unless you want to be a 16 and pregnant, kids having kids.

Sparkling Miko

TBH, when you're mature enough to do it safely is when you're old enough.

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend at 16 - but I wasn't stupid about it. I'm still with him, too. (I'm 22 now.) Your first time, though, should be something special between you two and not something done in a grimy motel, imo. Once you're 18 your parents won't really have a say in it, honestly, so if you really feel like you -must- get away, go on a romantic trip or something.

BUT DON'T BE STUPID ABOUT IT! D: Use protection, okay?

Also regarding all the people who say "wait until marriage," I say to each their own. I personally see marriage as a simple title - it doesn't make a relationship more 'special' or anything, imo.

Shameless Prophet

Personally? I feel the right age is somewhere in your earlier twenties. I didn't have sex until I was 21, and not until it felt right.

Don't let him pressure you into it, take control and say no.

Ruthless Gekko

ich-Rawr
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
rambunctious-mule
ich-Rawr
Marriage years old.

It seems like you've had a lot of experience, but still you sound like you don't really know what sex entails. People have made it out to be something simple...something you just do because everyone else does it, but really it's sacred. You don't have to practice abstinence to realize that. "Age of consent" was just something created by the government. Just because a person turns 18 doesn't mean they're ready to take on mostly everything. It only means they're permitted to.

Well as you guessed, I practice abstinence, but that's only because I'm convicted to do so. If you don't have the same convictions that I do, I would say the proper point to have sex with the guy is when you two are best friends, or in other words, when you love each other. If he's already done things you don't approve of, I don't think he'll live up to the title of a "best friend", since best friends respect each other's space and respect each other in general. You shouldn't have to warn him a gazillion times to stop touching you or talking to you a certain way. That's not a healthy relationship, and while some unhealthy relationships can be mended with time and persistence, others will always fail because they were not meant to be. Even though I'm saying these things, I'm only trying to be mindful of your views. If you really want to know what the "proper point" is for me, it's marriage. I plan to be tied to one man for the rest of my life. It seems quite filthy and impersonal to sleep around with people you don't plan to love for the rest of your life.

Your views are, however, a bit unrealistic. Number does not make a person dirty. Married couples may good for 20 years, but sometimes people change, causing the marriage to fail. One should only be judged if they cheat in relationships. My boyfriend is a little slut when he is single, but he has been nothing short of faithful to me.
Truocpal8176
It's kinda lame that it's something he wants to do, but he wants you to pay for it. Question mark?

Familiar Friend

ectogasm
Mistaken Life
Age? How about the proper conditions.
You need to be living on your own.
you need to be paying all your own bills.
You need to have a plan for your future.
You need to be on some type of female contraception.
You need to be able to afford a child if you ever go down that "accidental pregnancy" road.
If you do not meet these conditions, do not have sex.

rofl

Woooow.

We're all going to hell, now. : D
I think you're definitely old enough.
However, if you're not ready, do NOT give into pressure from him. You will really, really regret it.

Edit: Just saw the update. Good. : )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces