Welcome to Gaia! ::

I honestly don't see why not.
rizsneves
I think it would be beneficial if priests were allowed to marry. Then the priests could better understand the problems of married couples.

But I can understand the Roman Catholics' view that priests should devote their whole lives to God.

I agree with this, there are pros and cons to both sides.

If a person feels marriage will interfere with their calling to God, then no, they shouldn't marry. But if they don't feel that way, then there's not reason they shouldn't. The Bible is pretty clear that marriage is a holy institution and a spouse is a blessing from God.

Beloved Treasure

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jolie Maidele
I thought they all already could now xp I guess that's just certain ones, like what you listed. Personally, I think they all should be able to if they want to. I don't remember marriage being a sin....>_>

Roman Catholic priests cannot marry. It's not about marriage being a sin. It's that priests should devote their whole lives to God. In a sense, priests and nuns are "married" or committed to God alone. That's the Roman Catholic belief, anyway.

Conservative Citizen

rizsneves
Jolie Maidele
I thought they all already could now xp I guess that's just certain ones, like what you listed. Personally, I think they all should be able to if they want to. I don't remember marriage being a sin....>_>

Roman Catholic priests cannot marry. It's not about marriage being a sin. It's that priests should devote their whole lives to God. In a sense, priests and nuns are "married" or committed to God alone. That's the Roman Catholic belief, anyway.
That's what I figured. I definitely don't see anything wrong with committing your life to God, but they should be doing that regardless of whether they're a priest or nun. I guess I just see it as you can be committed to God, above all, yet still marry. But then again I'm not Catholic and don't really support many of their beliefs anyway xp
Sure why not everyone else are getting the rights to marry

Beloved Treasure

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jolie Maidele
rizsneves
Jolie Maidele

That's what I figured. I definitely don't see anything wrong with committing your life to God, but they should be doing that regardless of whether they're a priest or nun. I guess I just see it as you can be committed to God, above all, yet still marry. But then again I'm not Catholic and don't really support many of their beliefs anyway xp

I agree with you there. xd

Interesting Citizen

There is nothing biblical against a Pastor being married as long as each puts God first. So I don't see why not.

Profitable Prophet

My opinion on priest's getting married is the same as my opinion on any sort of "Should ___ be allowed to marry" question.
If you're talking about legal marriage than yes, of course they should.
If you're talking about religious marriage than I suppose that it should be left for their church to decide.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

To be honest, I never understood why they were disallowed to begin with.

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Let them marry. Maybe they'll stop touching children if they have a woman to play with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff