Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I have a couple of BFing questions my dear ladies...

1. I have been trying to pump enough to be able to work and have my little one eat while im away. for awhile I was good and now, she seems to want to eat more in one sitting so Im falling behind. Is there any good advise or tips and tricks that worked for and of you to keep up an all breast milk diet?

2.I know most of you are open minded and hope that none of you judge me too harshly when i ask, and the reason I want your guys opition is cause you all seem to hear see and know more than a random google search. Do you think a single night of taking like 4-6 hits on some green would harm my little one since Im breastfeeding? I havent smoked since pre-pregnancy and even then it was not that much. i looked online and everything is so mixed, and I didnt know if maybe anyone here might have any good insight into this.

Thank you!

Beloved Firestarter

5,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
!! User MelonKush, your content regarding Pro-Life is forbidden from this thread. We don't discuss nor debate such topics. If you wish to proceed with this topic, I suggest locating the proper thread that allows such things and use that thread as your outlet.
The Mistress K

1. I have been trying to pump enough to be able to work and have my little one eat while im away. for awhile I was good and now, she seems to want to eat more in one sitting so Im falling behind. Is there any good advise or tips and tricks that worked for and of you to keep up an all breast milk diet?

2.I know most of you are open minded and hope that none of you judge me too harshly when i ask, and the reason I want your guys opition is cause you all seem to hear see and know more than a random google search. Do you think a single night of taking like 4-6 hits on some green would harm my little one since Im breastfeeding? I havent smoked since pre-pregnancy and even then it was not that much. i looked online and everything is so mixed, and I didnt know if maybe anyone here might have any good insight into this.

Thank you!
I don't know to much about this cause i have never done anything like that ever but maybe just to be on the safe side do a pump and dump just like they say to do with alcohol?

Shameless Exhibitionist

The Mistress K

Thank you!

1. The best thing you can do is try to pump more/more often. You can either pump more often with shorter pump sessions, or you can add ten minutes onto your current pump session. At first you will produce the same amount, but if you continue with this added time your body will take it as a sign that your baby is trying to eat more, and start producing more.

2. I will not promote, or put down smokers. BUT. I will tell you this. ANYTHING that makes it into your blood stream, makes it into your breast milk. And takes just as long (if not a tiny bit longer) to leave your breast milk as it does your blood stream. So, pumping and dumping does no good if it's still in your system. Your best bet is to pump/feed RIGHT before you do it. And not pump/feed again until about 30 minutes after you are positive the effects have completely worn off.

Hygienic Exhibitionist

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Okay, ask anyone who has actually smoked marijuana while breastfeeding and do your own research...
Marijuana has absolutel 0 negative effects on anyone, be it ingested or smoked, and there for safe. THC is in breastmilk, but it will not harm you or your child.
The Mistress K

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Mistress K

Thank you!

I imagine it would be similar to cigarettes...? Where it mostly would be out of your system/the milk after a period of time?
The only thing I have read in regards to it is that there was a study done in pregnant ladies smoking it and their babies tested higher in some things XD like iq or something.
IMO pot is less harmful than cigs and lots of people smoke cigs and BF so...
I wouldn't see why an occasional toke would do anything harmful. Just be sure to time it around you baby's feeding times- for instance, right after pumping/feeding. Probably (obviously) be sure not do actually do it around her- not sure how well a stoned person would be able to take care of a baby.
I live in a state where it is legal now XD but I have never really liked it so I don't smoke it. Plus my ex husband totally ruined any leftover decent thoughts I may have had about it haha but to each their own!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
Having serious contractions. Coming at about 7 minutes apart. Becoming more intense. Will update later if I am heading to the hospital again. We will see what happens
CatastrophicRainbow
Having serious contractions. Coming at about 7 minutes apart. Becoming more intense. Will update later if I am heading to the hospital again. We will see what happens
Hopefully she makes an appearance for you biggrin

Sparkly Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
First appointment and ultrasound tomorrow. I'm so excited but also very nervous. I always think the worst.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

CatastrophicRainbow

Good luck! Hopefully you have a new baby soon.

WestyLynn
First appointment and ultrasound tomorrow. I'm so excited but also very nervous. I always think the worst.

I think it is normal to be nervous until you actually have the appointment and some solid confirmation of your pregnancy. I kept telling my husband that I didn't feel pregnant and it was nice actual having solid proof.
WestyLynn
Hope everything goes well smile And i still always think the worst...i'm not sure if it ever goes away xD

Sparkly Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
WestyLynn

I think it is normal to be nervous until you actually have the appointment and some solid confirmation of your pregnancy. I kept telling my husband that I didn't feel pregnant and it was nice actual having solid proof.
Im like on and off. most days i feel like either Im pregnant or something wrong with me. other days i feel normal and wonder If i want to be pregnant so bad Im showing symptoms. Im sure ill feel much better after the ultrasound though. i know Im gonna cry.

Sparkly Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Kristy_098
WestyLynn
Hope everything goes well smile And i still always think the worst...i'm not sure if it ever goes away xD
thanks! and oye that's something to look forward to. being scared for 7 more months.
WestyLynn
Kristy_098
WestyLynn
thanks! and oye that's something to look forward to. being scared for 7 more months.
I know xD But you always find something new to worry about unfortunately. Hopefully you won't be as bad as me though smile

Hygienic Exhibitionist

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
With your first baby you tend to over-worry about every little ache and pain. 3nodding

BTW, ladies, I know I said he was gonna be JR, but no. she decided she was gonna name him that again...

Jodi Antoine Hooker is his name. <3 It's so perfect and has a deep meaning to both Joe and I.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff