Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Adored Admirer

Rachuul

I like the name "Rachel". 3nodding I think the way you spelled it is interesting and cute.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Pseudo-Onkelos
Rachuul

I like the name "Rachel". 3nodding I think the way you spelled it is interesting and cute.

Oh you, emotion_c8

Adored Admirer

Rachuul
Pseudo-Onkelos
Rachuul

Oh you, emotion_c8

emotion_awesome
Diet: Oh... to have that problem... lol.

Rachel: Poor boy... that's the worst thing, when they ask for their daddy... or for "home" when you move. Maddy a few times said she wanted to go home and it broke my heart.

Yup, some breast feed babies can go a while without pooping. Is it hard when he does manage to go? Does he strain a lot without anything coming out? May have to try cutting out dairy, that upsets some babies.

Oh, glad he got it out. Gosh he's too cute!

Farm: Oh wow, she seems so tiny for 5 weeks. Then again, Maddy came out huge so... lol

I THOUGHT I saw something on a pregnancy test today but it may be just line eyes... few more days should show darker if I'm indeed pregnant. Fingers crossed!

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm annoyed. James goes on about how he misses me. I'll admit, I show affection only to Liam really. I just feel so distant from everyone. But I'm trying. When I'm kissed I don't turn my head so they kiss my cheek. I try to remember to use terms of endearment towards people.

But when I ask him when he's going to be done playing his video game {that he played all of last night and was too tired to go anywhere with Eevee and I today so he stayed home and played his game even more} with his friend online, he said he didn't know. I asked if he just wanted me to get stuff and he said yes. So, he watched Liam while I went and he refused to think of anything to get for him. {I was stingy and bought me a payday}.

I come home, put away groceries and check on Liam. James had fed him 1oz, but I finished him off with a boob. {Liam, that is}

I hand him to James after burping him all wide-eyed. I start to pack things for tomorrow to see my dad and try and find all of the paperwork I need to get done. I still haven't called my case worker to tell her Liam was born 3 WEEKS ago. I'm so disorganized. While I'm reading what to do about his birth certificate, Liam is getting fussy. He doesn't want the bottle or pacifier and I asked James what he wanted from me, and he muttered "Just when I get a little me time"

So, I got mad, grabbed Liam and am now in the kitchen.

I'm so aggravated and Liam can tell and its not good and I'm trying to calm dow for his sake.

Heroic Mage

Call Me Stephanie
Diet: Oh... to have that problem... lol.

It's not awesome if it's just because I'm short, though. lol

Good luck, for the pregnancy test! I hope you do get a line. biggrin

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Oh maaan, Aaliyah had a "scream all night" night again.
:c
I ended up with her in my bed just so that she could get some sleep, poor little girl was completely exhausted- Can't work out what's in my diet that's making her so colicky, I'm at the point where I'm considering just eating bread with margarine on it and working my way up to find out what it is that sets her off. So far all I know is spicy foods and uncooked onion, other then that I'm at a loss.

Anyway, is anybody else using huggies newborns?
I've found that they are way too big in the leg, she has skinny little legs.
And I found out the hard way, woke up to pee all down my side where she was laying on me.
Is anybody else having these problems?

I've found that as far as nappies go, pampers are the best and pampers aren't exactly something we get around here a lot.
Diet: Haha I was joking. I'm sure it's just has hard on super skinny/small girls than it is for big girls. sad

Nater: I hate Huggies. I only used Pampers unless we were broke. Look into getting a plastic mattress protector to protect against leaky diapers. But over all nearly all disposable diapers leak... cloth are so much better. >_<

Here's some things google brought up. I was stupid lucky while BFing so I don't have personal experience.

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/breastfeeding/foods-to-avoid-while-breastfeeding_87457-view-all
http://www.symptomfind.com/nutrition-supplements/foods-to-avoid-while-breastfeeding/

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Stephanie: Oh I'm guilty of some of those... I really need to stop drinking coffee. I only have like.. a half a cup in the morning. *sigh. But I love my coffee. I know I need to stop. ;_;
Does decafinated tea still retain caffeine like coffee? Because I can drink decaf tea. <3

Nater: Pampers gave Ashton HORRIBLE chemical rashes. My friend has the same issue. I never-EVER use pampers. sweatdrop . I use huggies. But I have CHUNKY boys rofl they fill out diapers rather properly. But I experimented with all different types. Ashton wore Luvs. They fit him the best. Travis wears Huggies. I experimented so much with Ashton until I found what worked.. so just try out a few. If you have friends with infants, ask them for a spare diaper to see if maybe it fits better!
Every baby is different, and each diaper is different.. so one will fit her!

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm about to throw in the towel with the breastfeeding. The only support I really get is from my mom, but I can't keep bugging her about things. I don't really have anyone to talk to except people online, but everyone has their own lives and little ones take care of.

I really need to sleep, but I'm having trouble doing so. Such is life....I know it's my own fault for being distant with everyone...but I guess it's better than feeling hurt and anger like right now. I'm pretty sure that had something to do with Liam being all fussy.
Digital Fiend
I'm about to throw in the towel with the breastfeeding. The only support I really get is from my mom, but I can't keep bugging her about things. I don't really have anyone to talk to except people online, but everyone has their own lives and little ones take care of.

I really need to sleep, but I'm having trouble doing so. Such is life....I know it's my own fault for being distant with everyone...but I guess it's better than feeling hurt and anger like right now. I'm pretty sure that had something to do with Liam being all fussy.

If you aren't getting proper support from everyone then breast feeding is very difficult. I don't think just throwing in the towel and giving him formula is a good option though. Formula tastes like crap compared to breast milk and if you don't ease it in with breast milk the baby wont take it easily. You have to like gradually switch, not just stop and suddenly switch unless there is some emergency reason to. There are local la leche league support groups that could help you. I know it's hard but it gets easier trust me, just give it a couple more weeks. Do you have a good quality breast pump? It's essential to keeping your sanity sometimes while breast feeding, pump and have James or someone else get the baby at night once or twice a week so you can sleep through. Formula will not make the baby sleep more either. Also be sure to take prenatal vitamins or a couple daily multivitamins so your milk supply stays up and isn't lacking in vitamin D. I felt like Adam was tied to me and after pumping a bottle or two and having my husband feed him and seeing how they both enjoyed that + the rest and more freedom I was getting I decided to EP and it's been extremely easy and wonderful.

That may be an option for you rather than giving up BF. Give it a try, I used a manual pump at first and it was fine, still use it once in a while too so you don't need a fancy electric pump to EP. Mine isn't even a double pump, it works out well. In the end, you decide what is best for your children and yourself. There were quite a few times I got fed up and said I was going to the store to get a can of formula but I never did, stress can get the best of us in these most vulnerable times...What kept me from doing it was knowing that Adam is used to my milk and how much he enjoys it and I felt guilty to even think about taking that away from him. My breasts are no longer sore and engorged all the time so I have no reason to complain anymore lol. He sleeps 4-5 hours at a time now and he is 7 weeks old, so just give it a bit more time hun, things will ease up!

@ Topic:
Lol I never avoid foods while BF, luckily my baby is tolerant to pretty much anything and he is gaining weight so well.. he's already 12lbs lol. That's like nearly double his birth weight! As for nappies, I use the Little Angels brand. They are no different than Huggies and only cost £3.50 for a pack of 40. Never had a problem with leaks at all! He is already in size 3...he has the body of a frog LOL fat big tummy and little skinny legs!

I have a personal recipe for yummy lactation chocolates if anyone is interested. I got this idea because I wanted to make my own vegan chocolates and stop eating actual cocoa since it has all kinds of bad stuff in it while at the same time giving myself a milk boost for when I feel a bit run down or just want to make an extra freezer bag. Beware...these are very yummy and addictive!!!!!!!!

Recipe:

1/2 cup of Carob powder (carob is full of vitamins)
6-8 tbsp of ground Fenugreek seed powder ( cheap at spice shops)
1/2 cup of coconut oil ( for flavour and solidity)
10 drops of vanilla flavored stevia, or 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of sugar, agave nectar or honey for sweetness. You can also add in soya milk, coconut cream or water. Add in any fruits or nuts if you want.

Boil it on the stove, until thick and glossy and pour it into mould or ice cube tray and set it in the fridge for awhile, usually an hour our two until solid completely. Because this recipe uses coconut oil instead of cocoa butter, keep these in a cool area since coconut solids tend to melt easier than cocoa solids. Also, ground fenugreek is very potent and bitter tasting so becareful not to go buckwild on it. It's cheap to find at spice shops, I paid £1.90 for a 1kg bag of it, vs paying £11.00 for a tiny bottle of the same thing in gel capsules for just a weeks worth.

Enjoy! biggrin

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
I have a few unsettling questions, even though I'm not pregnant(and my body currently taking revenge on me for that):
1. In pregnancy and/or childbirth, does the urinal tract burns the same way it does on periods? How about the a**s?
2. If you get a vaginal birth and they(obviously) cut it open, will the stitches be as painful as the birth? More painful that being kicked there? Do they leave a scar that will ruin your sex life?

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Cherrytini
: I've tried pumping, it doesn't work for me. Especially on my right. I think after pumping last night and getting nothing almost is what did it finally. He's still getting some bm last night/this morning.

And I know he won't slep more, but he won't need me. Since I'm not allowed to get the rest I need this way. I need sleep. And it isn't Liam's fault either.

I take my prenatals and fenugreek. I don't feel anuthing when he eats though. No pull to tell if he is feeding. No letdown. I'm angry and frustrated which leads to stress which will ruin whatever supply I've managed to build.

Shameless Consumer

Huggies are good for chunky butts, Pampers are better for little butts IMO. Which sucks because my chunky baby gets horrible burns from Huggies!

nitznitz
I have a few unsettling questions, even though I'm not pregnant(and my body currently taking revenge on me for that):
1. In pregnancy and/or childbirth, does the urinal tract burns the same way it does on periods? How about the a**s?
2. If you get a vaginal birth and they(obviously) cut it open, will the stitches be as painful as the birth? More painful that being kicked there? Do they leave a scar that will ruin your sex life?

The "ring of fire" is really the only thing that will make you burn during childbirth. That's basically when you stretch to your limits as the baby's crowning. During pregnancy you might be more prone to UTIs and hemorrhoids, but those are the only things that might be burning. It's more intense than periods by far, but your a**s and urinary tract really shouldn't be burning for no reason when you're on your period.

If you have an epidural you won't feel the cutting/tearing or the stitches. Depending on the doctor they might shoot you with something to numb the area when they stitch you up, but you'll be so full of feel-good post birth hormones you probably won't notice. If you're with someone who will consider your sex life ruined just because you have a little scar on your taint, you probably shouldn't be having a kid with them.
Shima Shinji
Huggies are good for chunky butts, Pampers are better for little butts IMO. Which sucks because my chunky baby gets horrible burns from Huggies!

nitznitz

The "ring of fire" is really the only thing that will make you burn during childbirth. That's basically when you stretch to your limits as the baby's crowning. During pregnancy you might be more prone to UTIs and hemorrhoids, but those are the only things that might be burning. It's more intense than periods by far, but your a**s and urinary tract really shouldn't be burning for no reason when you're on your period.

If you have an epidural you won't feel the cutting/tearing or the stitches. Depending on the doctor they might shoot you with something to numb the area when they stitch you up, but you'll be so full of feel-good post birth hormones you probably won't notice. If you're with someone who will consider your sex life ruined just because you have a little scar on your taint, you probably shouldn't be having a kid with them.

Haha in my experience Pampers are better for boys and Huggies for girls. I used Huggies for Aden once or twice, and every time, they leaked. A lot. Pampers were great...oh, and he was chunky as hell! razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff