Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

xD It's ok, we're a minority on sites like this.
I managed to dodge the waves of blue, but I did get lots of overalls ^-^ Emmett's stuff was all themed fire engines (my husband and I are firefighters) and dinosaurs (mostly because of Firefly/Serenity).

That's awesome! A firefighter family, eh? Is that how you met your husband?

Yeah, I met him at a forum for youth firefighters

That's pretty awesome. 3nodding

Friendly Wench

Crunchy Spice

Same here, there's no way I am spending money on things that are only going to last me a few months when I can have something nicer and longer lasting.

Friendly Wench

Sammiifayse
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Sammiifayse
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Sammiifayse

Do you have any twins in the family? We have a set in my side but I'm afraid of twins. Sooo much work! But then again so much more love and fun heart

My brother was a fraternal twin (the hereditary type of twins, but the other one didn't survive). If there are identical twins, you're safe, those are pure chance, it's the fraternal ones that are ones you need to look at the maternal family history for.

...They're fraternal emotion_facepalm

Hoping for your sake you have a single.

Thank you ^ ^ I would be happy with twins but if I HAD to choose it would definitely be a single. Having two babies to potty train, deal with teething, Dr's appointments...no thanks

Shameless Consumer

O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X

If it's not your mother or father that's a twin or given birth to twins then your odds are still fairly low.

Think of it like...there's only somewhere between a 20-40% chance (depending on who you ask) you'll get pregnant each month if you're having sex. And that's just for one egg. You'd also have to get a second one to fertilize with a 20% or so success rate. AND that's assuming you ovulate two eggs every cycle to begin with!
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

xD It's ok, we're a minority on sites like this.
I managed to dodge the waves of blue, but I did get lots of overalls ^-^ Emmett's stuff was all themed fire engines (my husband and I are firefighters) and dinosaurs (mostly because of Firefly/Serenity).

That's awesome! A firefighter family, eh? Is that how you met your husband?

Yeah, I met him at a forum for youth firefighters

That's pretty awesome. 3nodding

Yeah, I've been out of the service for over a year though. What with Emmett and all. Plus, we moved interstate, so the service here is a little different to the one we came from. We still visit our old brigades when we go see our families though.

Beloved Phantom

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Moonlight_Vampgirl
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Moonlight_Vampgirl

Oh that's terrible....were you on Birth Control?

no...i was sorta in a if it happens it happens stand of mind and dispite everything i think i can do it and i really really want this baby...always have

Huh, well I wish you the very best.

thanks

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse

Yeah, I've been out of the service for over a year though. What with Emmett and all. Plus, we moved interstate, so the service here is a little different to the one we came from. We still visit our old brigades when we go see our families though.

Firefighting looks like a hard job, but I'm glad you're getting time with your baby. smile
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

Firefighting looks like a hard job, but I'm glad you're getting time with your baby. smile

It can be hard, but it's so rewarding. Personally, I enjoy the physical exertion.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

It can be hard, but it's so rewarding. Personally, I enjoy the physical exertion.

Being able to help others too, that has to bring a sense of pride. smile
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

Yeah, I was a communications and first aid officer. So we'd attend car accidents and I'd be the one dealing with the victims while we waited for paramedics.

Friendly Wench

Shima Shinji
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X

If it's not your mother or father that's a twin or given birth to twins then your odds are still fairly low.

Think of it like...there's only somewhere between a 20-40% chance (depending on who you ask) you'll get pregnant each month if you're having sex. And that's just for one egg. You'd also have to get a second one to fertilize with a 20% or so success rate. AND that's assuming you ovulate two eggs every cycle to begin with!

Well it is my mothers sister, and she's had two sets (one of which did not make it) and my other aunt has a set. So it's fairly common in the women of my family. Regardless, there's always that off chance :]

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse

Yeah, I was a communications and first aid officer. So we'd attend car accidents and I'd be the one dealing with the victims while we waited for paramedics.

Yikes, must have seen some pretty horrid stuff. ):
The Fangorn Witch

I've seen my share. Enough so I have a healthy respect for speed limits & general road rules.
I'm not sure how wide the news on it went, but if you heard of the catastrophic bushfires in Australia a few years ago? I was fighting those. I was 17 at the time. It was hilarious, seasoned firefighters from that state weren't familiar with a technique we needed to fight those fires. So blokes old enough to be my father (or grandfather in some cases) were having to take orders from a 17yro girl who they thought could barely hold a hose (right up until I proved I could stand my own).

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch

I've seen my share. Enough so I have a healthy respect for speed limits & general road rules.
I'm not sure how wide the news on it went, but if you heard of the catastrophic bushfires in Australia a few years ago? I was fighting those. I was 17 at the time. It was hilarious, seasoned firefighters from that state weren't familiar with a technique we needed to fight those fires. So blokes old enough to be my father (or grandfather in some cases) were having to take orders from a 17yro girl who they thought could barely hold a hose (right up until I proved I could stand my own).

Wow, that's amazing. I bet you had no problem ordering those men and earning their respect in the process. That image made me smile.
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch

Wow, that's amazing. I bet you had no problem ordering those men and earning their respect in the process. That image made me smile.

I was a trainer in my brigade at the time, so it was fairly easy for me.
I've always had me telling people that a "young lady" shouldn't be doing "that" where that can be define as anything. I've spent my life showing people exactly what this "young lady" can do (If you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Tom). xDD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff