Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Adorable Fatcat

Kitakiy
No on the more active part, I think, and fairly certain I didn't have anything too high in sodium, but it's possible I suppose.

EDIT: My mind just doesn't function properly anymore, so I honestly couldn't tell ya lol

It may also be a sign of strain or injury. Bring it up to your doctor.

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Kitakiy
Anonymous_agent
Kitakiy
Anonymous_agent
im just over 36 weeks pregnant and for the past few days ive noticed the movements have dropped alot. i still feel her kick but before it would be all morning and most the night. is this normal as i know she will be getting big and running out of room

Yup! My doctor kept mentioning that at all of my appointments lol - she wanted to make sure I didn't freak out if and when my baby stopped moving as much. She did say that if I'm worried about it, I can eat something high in protien, drink some juice, and sit and relax and count movements. She said if there isn't six per hour after that, then I could call them. So maybe try that if you're worried?

i think i get that amount but can get 5 in 10 min then nothing. i used to complain about her always kicking me but my god do i miss it now!

AW! Well, don't worry too much... and soon you'll have the baby itself!
Lately, Luna has actually been giving me bruises from her kicks - although it less like kicks and more like she keeps pushing REALLY hard against different parts of my belly repeatedly. With her pointy little feet or knees or whatever... >.>

i dont think ive had that but i dont think ive ever had her kick high up. i have a scan thursday so want to try and wait untill then.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Anonymous_agent

i dont think ive had that but i dont think ive ever had her kick high up. i have a scan thursday so want to try and wait untill then.

Oooh lucky! You get a scan this late? My last scan was my 20 week one. They're not going to do another one unless I go over my due date.

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Kitakiy
Anonymous_agent

Oooh lucky! You get a scan this late? My last scan was my 20 week one. They're not going to do another one unless I go over my due date.

its only cus shes still head up. had one 2 weeks ago but i guess ive been lucky.
had one at 8,12,20,34 and then next week. id much prefure having no reason for the scans tho

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Satil
It's perfectly normal to notice a decrease in movement near the end. Not only has she run out of room, she's probably starting to engage, meaning she's in the "funnel" part of your uterus. As long as you continue to feel regular movements it's fine. Dexter has started a very gradual decrease in movement. He doesn't move all the time anymore, and tends to have periods of very heavy movement followed by long blocks of none. He rarely gives hard kicks anymore, and mostly just rolls around or adjusts.

He has also dropped and now my v****a hurts. emo

That was the worst part for me.. Travis dropped very early. My v****a was always hurting.. and since I wasn't a "typical" sit around 3rd trimester person ( according to my hospital that is, most women in their 3rd trimester aren't active rolleyes ) I ignored them.
I assume that some of the pain was contractions, since I was in labor when I went in for the induction..

But you are almost done mama!!! heart My pregnancy sucked, and I know yours hasn't been enjoyable.. but he will be there soon, I mean, Travis is already a week old today!

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Anonymous_agent
Kitakiy
Anonymous_agent

its only cus shes still head up. had one 2 weeks ago but i guess ive been lucky.
had one at 8,12,20,34 and then next week. id much prefure having no reason for the scans tho

Ah I see. Yea, I suppose it would be better if there was no reason for it...
I heard of a few ways you could try and get her to flip - like putting ice on the top of your belly. She won't like the cold on her head and might try to flip over.
That's the only one I can remember, but good luck to you! You've still got time ^_^
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Satil
It's perfectly normal to notice a decrease in movement near the end. Not only has she run out of room, she's probably starting to engage, meaning she's in the "funnel" part of your uterus. As long as you continue to feel regular movements it's fine. Dexter has started a very gradual decrease in movement. He doesn't move all the time anymore, and tends to have periods of very heavy movement followed by long blocks of none. He rarely gives hard kicks anymore, and mostly just rolls around or adjusts.

He has also dropped and now my v****a hurts. emo

That was the worst part for me.. Travis dropped very early. My v****a was always hurting.. and since I wasn't a "typical" sit around 3rd trimester person ( according to my hospital that is, most women in their 3rd trimester aren't active rolleyes ) I ignored them.
I assume that some of the pain was contractions, since I was in labor when I went in for the induction..

But you are almost done mama!!! heart My pregnancy sucked, and I know yours hasn't been enjoyable.. but he will be there soon, I mean, Travis is already a week old today!

I won't lie and say I'm ridiculously active. But I still climb up and down stairs daily at work and do work around our house.

I don't think I ever congrats'd you on Travis's birth! Congrats! He's quite the handsome little man!

I'm having a hard time adjusting to getting around with his new position. Once I'm up and have been walking a bit it's not too bad. But getting up is pretty painful, and for the first few steps it's super uncomfortable and feels like he's trying to fall out. Like walking with a bowling ball held between my knees.

Clean Raider

Lil Enslaved Kitten
ok so how many of you are hitting bumps with in laws who want to try and give "advice" on how to raise your kids???

i ask because last night i'm pretty sure me and daddy made his mom pretty mad xd (i find it funny) but we were talking about taking mason to the river when he gets to be a year or so old and the fact that if we had a boat that yes he would have a lil life jacket and he would go out with us and he would be in the water with me swimming and oh my lord she was pissed to hear this.

i know not everyone agrees on how to raise kids but i grew up a backwoods lil country girl and i want my kids to have the chance to learn all the things i did and not be afraid of the woods or water or any of the animals you can find in both. and this seems to drive my mother in law up the wall.
Agreed! Haha. I grew up in water and on a lake and the colorado river. My brother is 5 sister is 6 - my mom had them in the water at 4 months. Same with me. Some people think they know what's best but really we've all got the parental instinct, just have to follow it.

Clean Raider

Kitakiy

And her friend seems to think that pacifiers are the devil, and ANYTIME she sees a child with a pacifier or I talk about pacifiers or somebody else brings up pacifiers, she starts telling them off and saying how horrible they are and saying it's just bad parenting - when really, it's just a personal choice. Her I have learned to ignore. .

I think binky's are okay to an extent. I always feel so bad because this little girl - about 4-5 years old, comes in with her dad, she always has a binky in her mouth and one in each hand.. I've never seen her without three binkys on her. When you're that old I think it's a little ridiculous.. sweatdrop
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Kitakiy

And her friend seems to think that pacifiers are the devil, and ANYTIME she sees a child with a pacifier or I talk about pacifiers or somebody else brings up pacifiers, she starts telling them off and saying how horrible they are and saying it's just bad parenting - when really, it's just a personal choice. Her I have learned to ignore. .

I think binky's are okay to an extent. I always feel so bad because this little girl - about 4-5 years old, comes in with her dad, she always has a binky in her mouth and one in each hand.. I've never seen her without three binkys on her. When you're that old I think it's a little ridiculous.. sweatdrop
I tried to avoid them becuase people would tell me it interfered with breastfeeding.. but it seems to work out ok. The pediatrician told me not to let her use my own nipples as a pacifier anymore because of the tendency to chew and nibble. I'm okay with that. Kairi doesn't use pacifiers too often but it's nice to have a break once in a while.

Clean Raider

ZellyKat
I tried to avoid them becuase people would tell me it interfered with breastfeeding.. but it seems to work out ok. The pediatrician told me not to let her use my own nipples as a pacifier anymore because of the tendency to chew and nibble. I'm okay with that. Kairi doesn't use pacifiers too often but it's nice to have a break once in a while.

Maybe it's a comfort thing for babies to suck when they're out of the womb?

3,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Sydnee and Serenity. Sorry it took me so long to upload the photo, but here they are.

Clean Raider

Is it hot for anyone else?
I really hate this humidity and it's so easy to over heat that I feel like I constantly have the air on. sad I hate Ohio.

Clean Raider

ButterFairy Rainbow
User Image

Sydnee and Serenity. Sorry it took me so long to upload the photo, but here they are.
Adorable!

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ButterFairy Rainbow
User Image

They are so beautiful. 3nodding I can't wait till my little angel is here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff