Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I swear this kid could nurse forever... I'm starting to think I may need to find a good hunky that won't cause confusion.. Haha.

Replenishing with some cranberry juice and cereal before I go lay down...

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
And by hunky I mean binky .... Wtf auto correct!

Don't Gaia on iPad!!! Hahaha

Clean Raider

Satil
I can't figure out if I want to start my maternity leave early or not. I mean, I want as much time with him as possible but I am absolutely miserable. I've been getting frequent migraines, lots of pain in my legs, and just generally feeling like crap. I don't want to start it really early, but my main worry is I start it a week or 2 early and then I go a week or 2 late. I'm taking 12 or so weeks. I would prefer to spend all 12 with him, but I'm not sure if I can drag myself to work for another 5 weeks.
Are you allowed to do intermintent leave? If it's getting that bad then I'd take off some time and still work when you could. =
SlightlyBurntCupcake
*glomps* OMG he's a doll cupcake 4laugh
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Lil Enslaved Kitten
wooohoooo i manged to shave my legs today. but good lord i think it took like a hour lol.
I'm happy I can still do that every so often. sweatdrop
You got your work out in! wink That's how I view it anyways.
lol yeah seeing as how i chose the day i vacuumed the house and picked up the yard a lil i felt like i'd been hit by a truck by the time it was over rofl
well mason finally kicked daddy for the first time today. it was so funny. we were just laying there and he kicked right at his hand. daddy got really still then busted out laughing it was so cute heart

Adorable Fatcat

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Mightelove

Are you really jamming him on there? It can be easy to think you are being too rough, but if you don't quickly pull him onto your n****e, then he only gets a the end of the n****e and it hurts like hell.

Or you are just tender and sensitive. It gets better.

This was actually.. amazing advice. heart

You have no clue how happy this made me.. I have been trying to just be slow and patient with him..
But I lifted his head up with one hand.. and "shoved" my n****e in with the other. And he nursed amazingly!
Still sore, but that is most likely from all his previous bad latching... regular nursing techniques just don't work on me. I don't have a perfect n****e I guess.. rolleyes

When I had my daughter who had a cleft palate, the lactation consultant gave me that advice. I still wasn't able to breastfeed her because of the cleft but I always remembered it. You pull the baby onto the n****e, you don't push the n****e into the mouth and you have to pull that kiddo on as fast and as deep as possible. xd I mean, it's a boob....it's not like you're gonna break his nose. razz You may also have slightly inverted nipples, like I do. As he nurses correctly, it will fix itself. Babies are little vacuums. He'll pull them babies right out.

I had a horrible time with pain these last few weeks. I nicknamed Michael the toothless piranha. >.< Just hang in there, it gets better.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

When I had my daughter who had a cleft palate, the lactation consultant gave me that advice. I still wasn't able to breastfeed her because of the cleft but I always remembered it. You pull the baby onto the n****e, you don't push the n****e into the mouth and you have to pull that kiddo on as fast and as deep as possible. xd I mean, it's a boob....it's not like you're gonna break his nose. razz You may also have slightly inverted nipples, like I do. As he nurses correctly, it will fix itself. Babies are little vacuums. He'll pull them babies right out.

I had a horrible time with pain these last few weeks. I nicknamed Michael the toothless piranha. >.< Just hang in there, it gets better.

I have to lift my breast, and then wait for him to do a big fat open and push his mouth into my n****e rofl . IT WORKS THOUGH!
Sometimes we have to re adjust.. but I just have short nipples? In the regular videos, these women have much longer nipples than I do.. mine are fat I guess.. xp

I refuse to give up though. I went out and bought a breast pump to be safe.. he just has a small little mouth, and my nipples are short and fat.. so it's difficult.
My lactation consultant managed to get it every time.. ( well it is her job..) but the way she showed me doesn't work when it's JUST ME. sweatdrop

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lil Enslaved Kitten
*glomps* OMG he's a doll cupcake 4laugh

Thank you whee . He is SUCH a little cuddler. And has good chubby cheeks whee whee

Clean Raider

crying scream gonk

Freaking out.
Came home from work - next door neighbors apartment (above us) got broken window. Her door is two inches away from mine. Glad it wasn't us but still worried. Came home, saw door ajar and drywall on the ground. Opened my door as fast as I could and called the police then the office to get a hold of her. Hope they get her, hope she's okay, and glad she wasn't home. sad

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
my left n****e.... burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

at least he is feeding... sometimes has to pull off when he gets too much.
Also today is my birthday.. my boys gave me a big nap all together whee
it was perfect to wake up between two sleeping chillens lol

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
So I had an appointment today and the doctor said I was 3cm dialated, and was really surprised because I was closed up tight last week.
Does anyone know how quickly you dialate when it's close to time? Is there a possibility that I'll just stay 3cm for a while?
Would it be possible for me to 'close back up'?
My doc said that I could pretty much go into labor any time now, and said "Well, i'll see you next week, if not sooner!"

AAND today after my appointment I have a little bit of slightly brownish discharge - is it possible that it could just be from the exam (even though an exam has never caused any sort of spotting or anything before, even when she used forceps) or could it be that my body is starting to getting ready and is therefore leaking stuff out?

On another note, I've been curious about mucus plugs and whatnot - does the mucus plug have to come before the water breaks?

Shameless Consumer

Kitakiy
So I had an appointment today and the doctor said I was 3cm dialated, and was really surprised because I was closed up tight last week.
Does anyone know how quickly you dialate when it's close to time? Is there a possibility that I'll just stay 3cm for a while?
Would it be possible for me to 'close back up'?
My doc said that I could pretty much go into labor any time now, and said "Well, i'll see you next week, if not sooner!"

AAND today after my appointment I have a little bit of slightly brownish discharge - is it possible that it could just be from the exam (even though an exam has never caused any sort of spotting or anything before, even when she used forceps) or could it be that my body is starting to getting ready and is therefore leaking stuff out?

On another note, I've been curious about mucus plugs and whatnot - does the mucus plug have to come before the water breaks?

You could very possibly stay at 3cm for a few weeks. I was at 2cm for I think 3 weeks? My OB also told me at that time that I would go into labor any day!

How fast you dilate just depends. Some women have long labors, some have super short ones, some take forever to get to 4cm and then shoot off, some people slow down majorly at 8cm.

The blood could either be your mucus plug, or just blood from the exam. Your mucus plug comes out as you start to dilate, it's one of the very first things that happens when you're getting ready for labor. It does have to come out before your water breaks...or else how would you know your water's broke if it's all stuck inside you by a plug? But your mucus plug coming out doesn't necessarily mean labor will happen soon, some women lose theirs weeks before going into labor.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Actually.. When I went in for my induction I was already at 4cm. Lol.
I didn't even have a clue! And you all know I haven't had contractions lol...

I actually started to go into labor as they started the pitocin ... I think it may have been what made my labor and delivery so quick!

My left n****e... So painful.. I can totally nurse on the right breast now with little difficulty... Tis left one just has one spot where it cracked sad boo...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff