Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Really hating the fact that I totally suck at breastfeeding.
I just want to cry and give up.. He just doesn't latch
Ropperlynatvall.. And doesn't get enough n****e in his mouth sad

I may stop by to see the consultant tomorrow... I'm sick of this pain.

Congrats on having the baby boy, Cupcake!!!
I'm sorry you're having such trouble with breastfeeding... I guess just keep trying, and maybe one he gets more used to it he will start to latch better? Don't they also have bottle nipples that are supposed to help a baby get used to the feel and suction and motion of breastfeeding? I got some bottles - NUK - that are supposed to simulate real nipples. IDK if they're actually supposed to help, but I know they're supposed to make it harder for them to 'forget' how real nipples work.

Zelly - Yea, my SIL actually has a breast pump that I'm going to use. I guess the pump itself is the expensive part, and doesn't even touch the boobies or breastmilk, so as long as you get new tubes and shields it's not unsanitary to share or borrow.

I'm starting to get impatient... I kept telling myself "Baby will come when she's good and ready" and was trying to not even think about it and just go day to day like everything was normal, but Cody has started getting impatient and talking about ways we could 'speed things up' since I'm term...
I guess I just want to get it over with, for one thing... it scares me a lot to think that I could just go into labor at any time - any possibly not even know it until last minute... and I also just want to have my baby already to go with all this cute baby stuff! Plus, the sooner I have her, the sooner I can stop worrying about birth complications and whether or not she will be healthy. I mean, I've already started worrying about other things, like safety and illness and feeding and whatnot... so the sooner I can stop worrying about these other things, the better sweatdrop

Adorable Fatcat

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Really hating the fact that I totally suck at breastfeeding.
I just want to cry and give up.. He just doesn't latch
Ropperlynatvall.. And doesn't get enough n****e in his mouth sad

I may stop by to see the consultant tomorrow... I'm sick of this pain.

Are you really jamming him on there? It can be easy to think you are being too rough, but if you don't quickly pull him onto your n****e, then he only gets a the end of the n****e and it hurts like hell.

Or you are just tender and sensitive. It gets better.
wooohoooo i manged to shave my legs today. but good lord i think it took like a hour lol.
SlightlyBurntCupcake

I just barely saw your post. Congrats. I am so glad Travis decided to arrive. Don't worry, breastfeeding was hard at first for me too.. It's still troublesome when Kairi decides she just wants to play with the n****e instead of latching on.

I popped a leak because she refused to latch on to the right boob for a couple feedings. Oh man.. what a mess that was.
I can't figure out if I want to start my maternity leave early or not. I mean, I want as much time with him as possible but I am absolutely miserable. I've been getting frequent migraines, lots of pain in my legs, and just generally feeling like crap. I don't want to start it really early, but my main worry is I start it a week or 2 early and then I go a week or 2 late. I'm taking 12 or so weeks. I would prefer to spend all 12 with him, but I'm not sure if I can drag myself to work for another 5 weeks.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

Are you really jamming him on there? It can be easy to think you are being too rough, but if you don't quickly pull him onto your n****e, then he only gets a the end of the n****e and it hurts like hell.

Or you are just tender and sensitive. It gets better.

This was actually.. amazing advice. heart

You have no clue how happy this made me.. I have been trying to just be slow and patient with him..
But I lifted his head up with one hand.. and "shoved" my n****e in with the other. And he nursed amazingly!
Still sore, but that is most likely from all his previous bad latching... regular nursing techniques just don't work on me. I don't have a perfect n****e I guess.. rolleyes

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ZellyKat
SlightlyBurntCupcake

I just barely saw your post. Congrats. I am so glad Travis decided to arrive. Don't worry, breastfeeding was hard at first for me too.. It's still troublesome when Kairi decides she just wants to play with the n****e instead of latching on.

I popped a leak because she refused to latch on to the right boob for a couple feedings. Oh man.. what a mess that was.

Thanks! I don't know if I said it, but the same to you as well.

Travis doesn't like to latch.. I've basically just started to shove my n****e into his mouth as fast as I can when he opens wide rofl
But it gets in there!!!
He always has little milk faces xp

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Satil
I can't figure out if I want to start my maternity leave early or not. I mean, I want as much time with him as possible but I am absolutely miserable. I've been getting frequent migraines, lots of pain in my legs, and just generally feeling like crap. I don't want to start it really early, but my main worry is I start it a week or 2 early and then I go a week or 2 late. I'm taking 12 or so weeks. I would prefer to spend all 12 with him, but I'm not sure if I can drag myself to work for another 5 weeks.

I don't know how I stayed as active as I did when I was so pregnant.. but apparently, it was enough that I went to 4 cm, without even noticing... sweatdrop

I know how it is when pregnancy sucks =(. So take the time off if you need it.. pregnancy can just be a complete pain sometimes. I feel you mama.

Shameless Consumer

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Thanks! I don't know if I said it, but the same to you as well.

Travis doesn't like to latch.. I've basically just started to shove my n****e into his mouth as fast as I can when he opens wide rofl
But it gets in there!!!
He always has little milk faces xp

That's what we had to do with Emily! I'd have to squish my n****e to make it as small as possible, then all at once shove my boob towards her and pull her face onto my n****e in what seemed like a fraction of a second.

My boyfriend was always better at it than I was. sweatdrop

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Poor baby. sad my dog is terrified of thunder and lightning. It is a terrible storm outside right now. He is shaking the whole bed and crying. I'm trying to hold him and he's scaring Evelyn I think. She's schooching about. I feel so bad for himz

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Clean Raider

Lil Enslaved Kitten
wooohoooo i manged to shave my legs today. but good lord i think it took like a hour lol.
I'm happy I can still do that every so often. sweatdrop
You got your work out in! wink That's how I view it anyways.

Clean Raider

SlightlyBurntCupcake

SO CUTE!!

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Cool. Squish and smash - I shall try that when I start breastfeeding ^_^

Satil

Omg you get twelve weeks? You're so lucky... My job is only giving me 6... so I have to be REALLY careful with how I take mine... I'm pretty much going to have to work til my water breaks... which the guys at work are terrified of... rofl redface
I might ask my doctor what she thinks about me continuing to work... but if I go late,and I take my leave early, it can really take a toll on not only our finances, but also how long I get to stay home... I might end up just finding a new job afterwards anyways, but I would feel kinda bad for just ditching them after they looked into maternity leave so much for me... and they say they want to make me a manager but I kinda hate my job at this point...
IDK WHAT TO DOOOOOO

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
So, a mental breakdown and heat exhaustion. Wish I had just stayed in bed today.

I'll take my gloomy cloud away now, so much happiness with the new babies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff