Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Question, what do hospitals usually give you after you give birth? My boyfriend says that the hospital here gives you a car seat.... even so.... I rather have my own.
Zlhna
Question, what do hospitals usually give you after you give birth? My boyfriend says that the hospital here gives you a car seat.... even so.... I rather have my own.

Hydrocodone rofl

Ok no, seriously. Some hospitals do. You have a better chance if you pre-register to recive things. It really depends on the hospital.
The hospital I went to offers car-seats but you have to go through this long annoying process of proof of income, pregnancy, residence, and identification.
They gave us a few clothing items for baby, baby shampoo, a pillow (the old volunteers actually made this for us), a baby hairbrush & comb, a few diapers...uhh thats all I can really remember besides the soap from my bath XD & discharge papers. They don't even give us a birth certificate, you have to buy that from the court house.
Sugino
Zlhna

Hydrocodone rofl

Ok no, seriously. Some hospitals do. You have a better chance if you pre-register to recive things. It really depends on the hospital.
The hospital I went to offers car-seats but you have to go through this long annoying process of proof of income, pregnancy, residence, and identification.
They gave us a few clothing items for baby, baby shampoo, a pillow (the old volunteers actually made this for us), a baby hairbrush & comb, a few diapers...uhh thats all I can really remember besides the soap from my bath XD & discharge papers. They don't even give us a birth certificate, you have to buy that from the court house.

I've been looking up online what people are saying they have gotten -- and not gotten. It's pretty interesting stuff. Some get amazing things and others getting nothing. Like not being able to take the baby blanket home with them.
Hello! This is my first time posting in this thread.. but I wanted say that my fiance and I will be TTC after our wedding this October and wanted to find a thread about TTC, pregnancy, labor/birth, etc.

Wanted to get a jump start on all the knowledge I need to know smile

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
wishes
Hello! This is my first time posting in this thread.. but I wanted say that my fiance and I will be TTC after our wedding this October and wanted to find a thread about TTC, pregnancy, labor/birth, etc.

Wanted to get a jump start on all the knowledge I need to know smile

Congrats! October is an awesome month to marry in.
Zlhna
Sugino
Zlhna

Hydrocodone rofl

I've been looking up online what people are saying they have gotten -- and not gotten. It's pretty interesting stuff. Some get amazing things and others getting nothing. Like not being able to take the baby blanket home with them.

Yeah, my husband tried taking the baby blanket the first baby we had, they said no. rofl

They offered a free photoshoot, but the photos weren't so free. My mom said when I was born the hospital offered free ear piercing for baby girls &/or a set a free gold earrings. I didn't get those though, my mom waited until later.

Shameless Consumer

Zlhna

All we got was pretty much the half full packages of things we used while in the hospital. Diapers, wipes, lotion, n****e pads, stuff like that. We also got the pacifiers they used, and a handful of the special bottles and preemie nipples that they had to use for a while. And one of the nurses made hats for them that we got to take home.

Car seats are expensive, if they do give them out, it's probably only to low-income families.
My birthing center doesn't give you anything free except the swaddling blanket and some wipes and diapers you use there. Not a lot of places give massive freebies anymore. Nowhere here gives you a carseat. I'd call before deciding on that one since you can't leave without it installed. And it can be a large purchase for some people, so you'll want to plan for it.

Midwife appointment went well today. I had a different midwife and she made a much bigger deal about me measuring behind and made me super nervous. Until she did an external exam. He's definitely head down already (I think he has been for a long time- his feet have been in my ribs so long I can't remember when they weren't). And then her eyes got really big and said "Wow, he's like, filling every square inch. I thought he'd be small and I'd want you to have an ultrasound today. Guess I was wrong!" Apparently most women have quite a bit of space left at this point, or at least pockets of space where there isn't any baby. Not me!

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

I'm having a really hard time feeling beautiful lately, its really starting to get me down. I can't
stand pictures or mirrors and I just want to avoid them all but I am graduating soon and my
brother just graduated so all these pictures keep showing up! I have the worse pregnant chubby
face ever; it has ballooned up so much. I used to weigh 170lbs plus and I lost about 60lbs and
managed to keep it off until now..its so hard to come to terms with the fact that I have to gain
weight. I won't be surprised if I reach 150lbs again by the end of this pregnancy, and then I
doubt I'll be able to really work on getting back into shape after my little one is here because
I might breast feed. I'm really struggling with feeling beautiful, /sigh

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pandella

I'm having a really hard time feeling beautiful lately, its really starting to get me down. I can't
stand pictures or mirrors and I just want to avoid them all but I am graduating soon and my
brother just graduated so all these pictures keep showing up! I have the worse pregnant chubby
face ever; it has ballooned up so much. I used to weigh 170lbs plus and I lost about 60lbs and
managed to keep it off until now..its so hard to come to terms with the fact that I have to gain
weight. I won't be surprised if I reach 150lbs again by the end of this pregnancy, and then I
doubt I'll be able to really work on getting back into shape after my little one is here because
I might breast feed. I'm really struggling with feeling beautiful, /sigh

It will take awhile to get back into shape for some women, roughly a year. But I have heard that breast feeding helps the lower part of your body shape up.

Everyone is their own worst critic.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Really hating the fact that I totally suck at breastfeeding.
I just want to cry and give up.. He just doesn't latch
Ropperlynatvall.. And doesn't get enough n****e in his mouth sad

I may stop by to see the consultant tomorrow... I'm sick of this pain.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Really hating the fact that I totally suck at breastfeeding.
I just want to cry and give up.. He just doesn't latch
Ropperlynatvall.. And doesn't get enough n****e in his mouth sad

I may stop by to see the consultant tomorrow... I'm sick of this pain.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, and I hope that the consultant can help.

I want to breastfeed when my little Para is here, but I do know two of my friends weren't able to for their reasons. So, even if I can't breastfeed, at least my baby will be fed.

I believe you can get through this rough patch! Sorry if my post didn't sound so cheering up as it was supposed to. I can just imagine the pain. Not physically, yet...
I really should read back on the posts before this one. I will get to it soon and comment back on stuff. We've just been super busy with Kairi.

Turns out she had really high billiruben levels and we needed to get back to the hopsital for treatment. Baby girl has been sitting under the little blue tanning bed all night. Her yellow color is going back down and she is looking normal again.

On a positive note: My milk came in. And boy do my boobs hurt. Been engorged a couple of times.. and I am tempted to just get a pump.
ZellyKat
I really should read back on the posts before this one. I will get to it soon and comment back on stuff. We've just been super busy with Kairi.

Turns out she had really high billiruben levels and we needed to get back to the hopsital for treatment. Baby girl has been sitting under the little blue tanning bed all night. Her yellow color is going back down and she is looking normal again.

On a positive note: My milk came in. And boy do my boobs hurt. Been engorged a couple of times.. and I am tempted to just get a pump.
one thing that really helps at home with the yellow color is to find a sunny window to put her a blanket to lay on or her play yard and let her lay in the sun for about 10 mins every so often.

glad to hear your milks in and hope feeding goes well.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
ZellyKat
And boy do my boobs hurt. Been engorged a couple of times.. and I am tempted to just get a pump.

I think every breastfeeding mom should get one. I've heard they're very helpful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff