Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

kitsunenochi017
Satil
Usually they'll schedule your dating ultrasound at your first appointment. If they try to do it then and there's someone you want there that isn't you can reschedule it. They'll do medical history, establish a due date, usually do a pelvic exam and PAP smear, and just a general once-over physical. Be prepared to have massive quantities of your blood drawn! It gets less with each screening period. razz

How much blood? D: Will I be able to go back to work afterwards?

I suffered no ill effects! Just eat a bit before and after and you should be fine. The phlebotomist said it looks like much more than it really is. They did 5 big tubes and 4 little tubes from me.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
kitsunenochi017

I think for me.. it was 8 vials? Some you don't HAVE to take, such as the HIV ( unless your hospital requires it-).
So it all depends on how you react to blood being drawn. Our clinic asks us to wait for 10 minutes before leaving. 3nodding
I'm usually fine, but I love having my blood drawn. It feels like I just finished an exercise rofl

But as I mentioned before, there are then people like my husband. Who faint.. if you're good with having it done, you should be very able to go back!
kitsunenochi017

I threw up. Got a little dizzy. I didn't look at the blood because I'm such an ubber chicken. Plus it was the first time ever someone had taken blood from me.

It got better as time went on. By now, blood drawing is just 'meh'. I just close my eyes and mumble nonsense to distract myself. Afterwards, I'm completely fine.
Once again, is this baby or is this contraction? Don't you just love this game. rolleyes

I'm kinda hoping to find someone who is willing to drive me to my next doctors appointment on friday (if I don't deliver by then). I really don't want to take the bus when my body is acting like this.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So I was trying to study.. which was going great until Ashton ran out of popcorn.
Then for like.. 20 minutes it was pretty much..um.

You know the whole Stewie " mom mom mom " segment from Family Guy?
That was my son, rofl

So guess I have to put it off for a little but until he goes to bed. I'd like to get 2-3 more exercises done before I go to sleep..

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
With my first appointments, it was paperwork paperwork, ultrasound, talk talk talk, blood draw. they didn't do the massive amount of blood drawing until 12 weeks for me. At least, that's how I remember it.
And if your doctor is awesome, you'll get a goody bag! I got a pretty brown and blue bag with a matching insulated bottle-shaped pouch, and a bunch of magazines and some things of formula and snappies ^_^ plus a whole bunch of samples of other things too.
I can not tell you how FREAKING EXCITED I was to get the goody bag the second time around. The first time, when I went into the room, I peeked at the bag and then got the devastating news about the baby, and just left the bag there. The second time I didn't touch the bag at all (and because of my birth control it was earlier than they thought so they rescheduled me for two weeks later) and so my first real 'first prenatal appointment' I actually had to ask about the bag. But it was SO exciting! I was excited about getting my BLOOD DRAWN, which I HATE but it was just so happy for me. Which was probably really naughty of me because I wasn't supposed to be getting pregnant, since Cody and I were totally not ready for a baby or anything whatsoever... but after the miscarriage, my brain went to mush... his did too, I think XD

Uh-oh. I feel an emotional moment coming on... NOOOES cuz I actually put mascara on today...
But....
Even though we didn't intend to get pregnant and we were in no way ready to have a kid and we were really just being careless... that miscarriage still hurt us a LOT. I guess once you get used to the idea of having a baby, and then you're told you're not going to anymore... plus it was hard because I KNEW my baby wasn't alive anymore and yet I was still carrying him around for two weeks until my D&C (oh, tears at that. DAMMIT)(two weeks - one week to wait and see (and get another ultrasound...) and go in in to get everything set up and scheduled, another until the actual surgery)... anywho, it was just so devastating...

Anywho, after that, Cody and I were really depressed and after the three month 'waiting period' we stopped trying not to again. I went off my birth control with the excuse that it was making me crazy and while we weren't TRYING to be pregnant, both of us kind of thought "If we have a baby, it will be fine" and I think we both secretly wanted it. I also think that the miscarriage made us stronger as a couple - sometimes it can break down relationships but we got through it only by being together.

I realize I just kind of went off, there, but like Cupcake, coming this close to having the baby got me thinking about it a bit more.... or maybe just her talking about it did XD

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kita: Our experience with the miscarriage was similar. I didn't have the d&c until 3 weeks after the baby was deceased.. I didn't KNOW it was, however once I did, my body put itself into labor within about.. 24-ish hours.
It was terrible. I went to the ER by myself, thinking it was just spotting or whatever.
I had to go home and tell my husband. It was the ONLY time I ever saw him cry ( his PTSD pretty much made him cry-less ) .
We ended up getting into a fight after my appointment the next day.. but as soon as my body started to get rid of the baby, he was the most loving and caring husband ever. I can't believe how strong he was through the situation, especially when I almost had it on the toilet..

It helps me to talk about it from time to time though.. I feel like if I keep it all inside it just bottles up and I make myself so depressed. My husband keeps it all inside, and t's caused him so many problems. I hope one day he will be able to let it out sad

It really is just the most intense situation. Like you said though, it really made us a stronger couple. And twice of loving of parents to Ashton. And I'm sure once Travis is born, we will just love him instantly and respect his life that much more. heart It just really makes you realize how fragile things can be, and then how strong at the same time.

Sorry for such an emotional post. crying crying
It really felt good to type out though. And even better, typing it feeling Travis moving around being a healthy little boy. heart

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SlightlyBurntCupcake

It definately makes me appreciate this pregnancy and I know Luna will be the most loved person in my life (besides Cody - they have to share!)
It definately made me feel a bit better about it while I was typing when she kicked me really hard in the side ^_^ I'm so excited and happy because this pregnancy has been nothing but normal and healthy (knock on wood!!), aside from my 'large' amount of weight gain... I think I've evened out, though, because I haven't been packing on the pounds like I did in the first and second trimesters. I REALLY hope it continues and remains perfect and healthy, and I hope the delivery goes well too... but I think every little thing has been scaring me.... there are so many points during a pregnancy where something can go wrong....

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I'm not entirely sure I understand what happened with yours though... with mine, they put me under and when I woke up, the baby and everything was gone and they were feeding me crackers and telling me to rest for three days and take my antibiotics and whatnot. They warned me that my insides would probably hurt a lot for a few days (which is why I got vicodin) but I just felt the very faintest notion of sore. and I bled a lot. I was pretty sure they removed most everything themselves, though...?

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
What happened with mine was.. about I think.. a three day process? Maybe 2..
I went into the ER for the bleeding. No pain at all. Found out the baby was deceased.
Luckily ( kinda? ) , I already had my next OB appointment the next day.
So the next day I went into my appointment, my OB had everything from my ER visit in paperwork. She was VERY sweet to me, since she to had a miscarriage when she was younger. She did a pelvic exam, and gave me all the numbers and stuff to call and have my d & c scheduled for the next night.
I went home.. and I don't know if it was my pelvic exam, but my body went into full blown labor in about.. an hour after. My body tried to pass something. I forget what they told me it was .. it wasn't the baby however.
So I had to go to the ER, and I was already starting to pass out from the pain while getting my vitals taken. ( I was watching my HR go down ) I thought I was dying.. and I was so delirious, that I started just freaking out.
Got a big shot of morphine and was all happy-drugged then.
Then once that wore off, all the pain started to come back. Then a migraine.. and finally they were taking me to have the d & c done.
I don't remember being put under.. I'm pretty sure I just passed out before they had to use any anesthesia...

But Yeah, I woke up and they were giving me crackers to. Gave me a big fat bottle of percocets and I was on my way.
I actually didn't have any pain after it was all over.. I thought that was crazy weird. I hardly needed to use my pain meds.

*PHEW sorry if it's tmi for anyone.. but I really feel good about typing it out. Very few people actually know everything that happened.. it's so is just.. so nice to let it out. heart

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
That sounds so scary... especially since you were farther along in the pregnancy. You said you were 16 weeks, right? I was eight weeks, and I had my appointment to start prenatal care - but when they did the ultrasound they said that the baby stopped developing like literally that day or the night before because of the size, and that the heart just stopped beating before then.
I suppose a scenario like that was what they were trying to prevent with me sweatdrop which is why my doctor so strongly suggested the d&c over the pill thingy or just 'waiting it out'

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm pretty down right now. Just filled out an application to get an old job back. I hate the fact that I have to go back to a horrible job, but my family needs the paycheck.

I just want to cry.

Aged Survivor

Hey all, love the thread. I have a few questions and I was hoping that someone could help me out. It's too early to take a pregnancy test, and I may just be going crazy but something odd happened with my last period. I had my last period 2 weeks ago, and the flow was normal, it lasted 3 days instead of the normal 4 (yeah I know, I'm lucky. xd ) which I'm not concerned about. I have a sort of irregular period due to my thyroid. When I say irregular, I mean that it comes every month, but the days are always different. I haven't had a normal timed period in years. lol Usually when my period lasts 3 days instead of 4, I leak (or spot as some people call it) from time to time for the remainder of the week or next 7 days. I was completely prepared for any leakage.

I had sex (protected and unprotected) a week ago (I know, this is way too early, and too tmi I suppose) which should brought along any remnants of the last cycle and nothing's happened. mad But now, a week after sex and two weeks after my last period I sometimes feel a pressure in that area like I might bleed. I know I should go to a doctor, but it's too early for a test of any sort.

If it helps, I have PMS before my period (bloating, breasts getting larger and becoming tender, you name it) and had the normal for the last cycle. After the cycle, the bloating went away, my breasts went back to normal, and then out of the blue, my breasts get large again, and they're very tender like I'm going on my period again. I've heard of some people getting PMS after their period, but that's never ever happened to me for the years I've had mine, and ever since I've been sexually active. And why would it randomly just happen now, with a period like any other?

Anyway, I know that this is gross to read, I know. But I need a second opinion and you ladies know what you're talking about when it comes to babies and pregnancy. I feel like I'm going crazy because if my period were to start again so soon, it would happen next week! And everything I've read online says that it's too early to know for sure. But sometimes a lady knows, right? lol

I know this is long, so thanks for reading. And yes, I realize that my av is a man, but I swear that I was born with XX chromosomes.

Aged Survivor

Kitty Konspirator
I'm pretty down right now. Just filled out an application to get an old job back. I hate the fact that I have to go back to a horrible job, but my family needs the paycheck.

I just want to cry.

Hey don't be down, I'm thoroughly unemployed and can't seem to get hired in the state I live in, which seems to be one of the best in the US for jobs. Everyone has to work shitty jobs at some point in their lives. Every job I've ever had has been shitty. xp

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Successor Of Fate
Kitty Konspirator

I just want to cry.

Hey don't be down, I'm thoroughly unemployed and can't seem to get hired in the state I live in, which seems to be one of the best in the US for jobs. Everyone has to work shitty jobs at some point in their lives. Every job I've ever had has been shitty. xp

I feel like a new shitty job would be better. Now if I get hired, I get the fun of seeing all my old co-workers, and all of them will be above me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff