Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you decorated your tree yet? Show a picture of it.
Heck yes, Mom and my little sister had the Christmas tree bought and decorated on Black Friday. The Christmas tree wasnt on sale though.

Have you been black Friday shopping yet? What did you buy?
No never! I don't want to ever do that. ><

What about regular Christmas shopping?
Family all agree on who they are shopping for. We don't get much for each other.

What foods and how much did you eat on Thanksgiving? Try posting all the different dishes you ate, let's see who ate the most.
Ugh, this year's Thanks Giving was a nightmare. We traveled up Austin to see family, Dad got sick and since we were hosting. No one wanted to come around so they told us to leave. That morning on Thanks Givinging day we traveled back home, stuck 10 hours in the car. When it normally takes 3 hours.
So we just had Chinese take out to eat.

Is your family well off? Does that make a difference in how your Christmas will be spent?
We are just fine, shopping isn't a big deal here. Jesus is the reason for the season for us. So the gifts aren't the biggest deal here.

Friendly Regular

Have you decorated your tree yet?
Yes! Well, kind of.. My family gathers at my grandmother's house on Thanksgiving and we decorate her Christmas tree after we eat. Seeing as I don't have a place of my own yet, I don't really have a Christmas tree of my own. But if I did, it would definitely be decorated already! 3nodding

Yes! We bought a bunch of gifts for my stepdaughter. We got her a tablet and a scooter as her bigger gifts and then we got her some clothes and some cute boots as some of her smaller gifts. We were also able to get most of my family some small gifts! Ohh, and we got Starbucks while we shopped! I LOVE their Peppermint Mocha Frappe! heart

I got some smell good stuff for my little nieces and nephew a while back.

What foods and how much did you eat on Thanksgiving?
We ate turkey, chicken, green bean casserole (my fiance made it and it was AWESOME!), candied yams, fruit salad, broccoli casserole, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheese cake pie, oh and green rice. My fiance and I both ate dinner and dessert twice lol.

Is your family well off? Does that make a difference in how your Christmas will be spent?
Not at all, to both questions, actually. My family has always been pretty poor in money, but pretty rich in love. We have our problems as much as the next, but in the end we are family and we stick together. We'll gather at my grandmother's like we do every year and we'll eat gumbo or something like that and we'll share laughs and presents. It's always pretty fun getting together. heart

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
- Just pulled it out today (fake). I'll probably set it up tomorrow, and I guess we'll decorate it Friday.

- Spent the day at the mall arcade. Supported a business I like, but otherwise didn't buy anything. Oh! I took an excursion to Ulta with a friend, picked up some hair serum I'd run out of. That's it.

- I started my Giftmas knitting in August. The only thing left on the needles is a lap blanket for my grandpa, but that was a last minute idea and I won't be crushed if its a birthday present instead. Bought the fabric for hub's pj pants, haven't sewn them up yet.... The only actual shopping-shopping I have to do is Dad, there's a 2nd hand bookstore with a decent vinyl collection, going to go through it to see if I can find anything he'd like.

What foods and how much did you eat on Thanksgiving? Try posting all the different dishes you ate, let's see who ate the most.
- Quorn roast, roasted brussel sprouts, asparagus & mushrooms, sweet potatoes, corn stuffing, uh...... pizzelle cookies? There was shitloads more, but I iz vegetarian so I didn't eat the turkey or the sausage stuffing.

- We're in pretty good financial shape. The only thing that makes it different is I don't really want for anything. In-laws do a Secret Santa every year, online so you can "wish" for things and people can anonymously check and mark stuff as bought. I'm seriously thinking about asking for a donation to a worthy cause instead of stuff, I just don't want any stuff!

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
whats the deal with the tree anyways
I aint never had one an I seen it all over the place last couple christmases
I aint had the spine to ask what its bout yknow
everone jus acs like they know

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100

Yes! It's a tiny tree but I live in a apartment.

I waited for cyber monday, I acttuly kinda scared of black friday, seriously people die emotion_donotwant

I celebrate Yule but yes I bought most of my gifts already, just need a few more items

Turkey (obviously), garlic mash potato, corn, stuffing, and TONS of different desserts

We are alright, and no we always go all out. All out is just us gathering and drinking beer XD

Ice-Cold Conversationalist

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces