Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Poll for...awesomeness!

Yay! Awesomeness! 0.58906525573192 58.9% [ 334 ]
Yeah...awesome... [/sarcasm] 0.16402116402116 16.4% [ 93 ]
[insert your own thoughts here] 0.24691358024691 24.7% [ 140 ]
Total Votes:[ 567 ]

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Ok so question for those who are married.
I'm getting married to my best friend. It's a non romantic relationship.
We are both sex workers as well. One of my sex worker poly friends was telling me how we could get in trouble say if my friend wanted a divorce and used grounds that I was "cheating" on her (in my other relationships/working) to ******** me over. I'm not one to say "oh she wouldn't do that" so I'm just wondering how ya'll go about being married and poly.

Beloved Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Blackrose_Knight
MakaBunny

I haven't just because I really don't wanna drag things out and have it just turn into another mess. I don't know I love them both dearly and I want things to work out well.
Well, think about if you keep it to yourself. I know for me it would fester into rancid resentment. You gotta just own up to your own s**t. It may be irrational, it may be founded in logic. But you are experiencing it and its valid.

A possibly helpful podcast
Polyweeky #379 Owning your own s**t

Maybe it's just on my end, but that link went to a "item not found" page.

Devoted Pirate

Digital Fiend
Blackrose_Knight
MakaBunny

I haven't just because I really don't wanna drag things out and have it just turn into another mess. I don't know I love them both dearly and I want things to work out well.
Well, think about if you keep it to yourself. I know for me it would fester into rancid resentment. You gotta just own up to your own s**t. It may be irrational, it may be founded in logic. But you are experiencing it and its valid.

A possibly helpful podcast
Polyweeky #379 Owning your own s**t

Maybe it's just on my end, but that link went to a "item not found" page.
Hmm, my compy eventually loaded it.

http://polyweekly.com/

^^^^^ is the main page, search for" owning your own s**t" or scroll to episode 379, either or

Beloved Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Blackrose_Knight
Hmm, my compy eventually loaded it.

http://polyweekly.com/

^^^^^ is the main page, search for" owning your own s**t" or scroll to episode 379, either or

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it worked eventually. It could be my old pewter.

Tipsy Prophet

Salmenella
Ok so question for those who are married.
I'm getting married to my best friend. It's a non romantic relationship.
We are both sex workers as well. One of my sex worker poly friends was telling me how we could get in trouble say if my friend wanted a divorce and used grounds that I was "cheating" on her (in my other relationships/working) to ******** me over. I'm not one to say "oh she wouldn't do that" so I'm just wondering how ya'll go about being married and poly.

I guess this thought never really crossed my mind. I mean, I suppose it could happen, but that's a risk you take when you get married: that it may eventually end in divorce that ******** you over. I think as long as communication is kept wide open and you maintain a healthy relationship everything should be good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games