Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I am a starting off model. (home shot below)

User Image

I am against wearing fur.
It's wrong and disgusting.
Straight out.
The company I might be working for though insists if I want the job that I have to wear fur.
I am firmly against this, but it is a very good job offer.
Help?
(plz watch this too)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CxloCd1kBCY
I see nothing wrong with cultivating a sub-species of animal to make clothing for myself.

I prefer leather jackets over anything else. It's the only thing that properly keeps the wind from going through my clothing. The Cow didn't need the leather anyhow as the rest is already hamburgers, steaks, hot-dogs, and various beef products.

When animals start to talk any human language, I'll start thinking about different sources of food and/or jackets. Wool is another favourite of mine too... but leather is by far superior.

As far as the modelling, you still need to lose some weight... unless you're already a size zero, in that case the picture's at a bad angle... either way, not your best side wink

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
If you're that strongly against it then why are you still considering taking the job?
Folken Lacour de Fanel
I see nothing wrong with cultivating a sub-species of animal to make clothing for myself.

I prefer leather jackets over anything else. It's the only thing that properly keeps the wind from going through my clothing. The Cow didn't need the leather anyhow as the rest is already hamburgers, steaks, hot-dogs, and various beef products.

When animals start to talk any human language, I'll start thinking about different sources of food and/or jackets. Wool is another favourite of mine too... but leather is by far superior.

As far as the modelling, you still need to lose some weight... unless you're already a size zero, in that case the picture's at a bad angle... either way, not your best side wink
the place im modeling for is an open cast. not really specific on size. but what do u think i should do about the whole me not wanting to wear fur?
Whatever animal the skin used to belong doesn't need it anymore, so why not wear it? I'm sure that the animal, if it was capable of sentient thought, wouldn't want it's body to go to waste.
Shadow_Prowler
If you're that strongly against it then why are you still considering taking the job?
because i need this job badly. my husband is supporting us and i wanna start helping. moreso, it would be my first big sign

Well if you really need the munny?
Might as well, but if your strongly against it
say no or make a suggestion about fake fur?
vampyricXdesires
the place im modeling for is an open cast. not really specific on size. but what do u think i should do about the whole me not wanting to wear fur?
well, reguardless of my opinion on the whole fur matter.... If you're a person of principles, refuse to wear animal products. Unless you feel that you can lower yourself to put aside your principles... which in the end means that people will see you as one who takes their principles lightly.
I will continue to wear fur and leather, because it is simply warmer.
I don't live in the arctic but when it is -9 with a wind chill in the morning, I'll take the warmer material, thank you.

I have a rabbit skin coat. The rabbits wouldn't have ever been born if it wasn't for the coat industry, so in reality, you're not saving any rabbits.
I also have a leather jacket, which is made of cow hide. I would have eaten the cow anyway, so why not use all parts of it.

PETA is a disgusting organization. They profit from the abuse of animals.
They get sponsorship because they show disgusting videos of animal abuse, then say, "This happens in EVERY slaughter house."

EDIT: About the job. You said you need the money, and it's not like you're whoring yourself out.
Models have to do things that they aren't exactly comfortable with, sometimes, it's part of the industry.
Get passed the s**t jobs now, and someday you may have the opportunity to pick and choose your jobs. Right now you don't.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
vampyricXdesires
Shadow_Prowler
because i need this job badly. my husband is supporting us and i wanna start helping. moreso, it would be my first big sign

Then I guess it's a matter of what's more important to you. There are other jobs out there, though.

I personally see nothing wrong with wearing fur. It's a renewable resource and if I'm going to eat the animal anyways it's best to use as much of it as possible. I actually think just burying the dead is kind of wasteful.
Keep looking for jobs. If you can't find another one, suck it up.
You may consider it selling out to do something against your principles, but the fact of life is that the people who sell out are the ones who make the good money. May suck, but it's true.

As far as animals go though...kill em' eat em' wear 'em is my motto, so you don't get any sympathy there.
Dont take it... you can get another modeling job somewhere else... try Hot Topic for instance you dont even have to have any modeling experance.
I'd just wear it. The animal has already been killed, so it's not like you're saving anything by not wearing that item. Just look at it this way, you aren't buying these fur items so it's not like you are giving any money to the fur industry.

Also, you have to realize that all of PeTA's naked models have already made a name for themselves...and many of them have worn fur in the past. Hell, even Pam Anderson still wears her Uggs.

Besides..PeTA is insane and hypocritical anyways.
Don't take the job. You'd be throwing away your morals and you'll regret it later when you don't make it as a model.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff