Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Signature Look 250
Why hello there, my hygienic friends emotion_awesome

Here's a little story, just for fun:

So I know this girl, and she has a boyfriend, right? He doesn't wash his hair (well, rarely), always wears the same outfit (ripped shirt + jeans + flip flops) doesn't shave, and doesn't wear deodorant. Basically, he's a walking caveman lol He also eats his boogers, and takes his sandals off in class to play with his toes/toenails.

Now that the gross part is over - I was just wondering, who else finds this disgusting? gonk (I don't mean to be rude, but I sit next to this guy every day he really grosses me out)

Discuss:
Personal hygiene
-Do you shower every day?
-How often do you wash your clothes?
- (Boys) How often do you shave?
-Would you date anyone with bad hygiene?
Anything else you find relevant smile
What's so bad about not shaving and wearing flip flops, hmm?

Anyway:

-I shower everyday.
-I wash my clothes generally after 1-2 wears.
-I shave every morning.
-I would not.
-Do you shower every day? Oh yesyesyes. Except sometimes I skip showering on Sundays. Sometimes.
-How often do you wash your clothes? cat_neutral Since I have a huge collection of clothing, I do not need to wash my clothes very often. But I do laundry at least once a month. Nothing gets worn more than once between washes except for jeans, which can be worn twice without getting dirty/smelly.
- (Boys) How often do you shave? As a woman, I shave every time I shower. Legs/underarms/etc.
-Would you date anyone with bad hygiene? OH LAWDY NO. emotion_facepalm I would not care if he showered every other day, or wore the same shirt two days in a row, but the kind of poor hygiene described in the OP is intolerable. emotion_facepalm

Liberal Receiver

I think I have cringed out of my skin.

No, every other day, when i can smell myself(which is usually before others.) or when I come into contact with filth.

Outer clothing gets a max of two wearings before wash. Undergarments are worn once and then laundered. Things like sweaters and coats are laundered only when they no longer smell like nothing or no longer smell good.

Twice a month for my face ._.
My facial hair grows super slow.

Not as bad as his.
Euuuuuugh.

I have dated a gamer whose hygiene habits were...questionable, but they made an effort to shower every Monday and Friday.(Beginning and end of workweek.)

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CUT MY TOENAILS NOW gonk
I hate the feeling of having long toenails, and the OP reminded me of this now D:
That guy sounds nasty as ********. gonk

Yes and no. I wash my body every day, but I wash my hair every 2-3 days.

When I run out of them, lolz. If I don't have any more underwear, I do my laundry. I don't rewear anything other than jeans or sweatshirts, though.

Absolutely not. gonk I love hugging my boyfriend after he's just had a shower because he smells so nice. xD

There's a guy that was in my ceramics class this semester who takes his shoes off in the classroom. Sometimes he goes into the hallways and stuff still without shoes and socks. It's ********' nasty.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Yes, even today that I got sick and felt so shitty, I took a shower.

Every week.

N/A

NO.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
A Roman For All Seasons
What's so bad about not shaving and wearing flip flops, hmm?

Anyway:

-I shower everyday.
-I wash my clothes generally after 1-2 wears.
-I shave every morning.
-I would not.

Well, I personally like a little stubble on a guy, but it just adds to the problem with him. He let's it get unruly and gross...but I guess that's not really a problem. The flip flops...that's just nasty because he doesn't shower, so his toes are stinky and dirty. burning_eyes

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Jason0690
I think I have cringed out of my skin.

No, every other day, when i can smell myself(which is usually before others.) or when I come into contact with filth.

Outer clothing gets a max of two wearings before wash. Undergarments are worn once and then laundered. Things like sweaters and coats are laundered only when they no longer smell like nothing or no longer smell good.

Twice a month for my face ._.
My facial hair grows super slow.

Not as bad as his.
Euuuuuugh.

I have dated a gamer whose hygiene habits were...questionable, but they made an effort to shower every Monday and Friday.(Beginning and end of workweek.)

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CUT MY TOENAILS NOW gonk
I hate the feeling of having long toenails, and the OP reminded me of this now D:

ME TOO, MAN. Especially when you can feel them on the front of your shoe. That's when you just know.

And this guy is seriously 10x as bad as he seems. Not really sure why the girlfriend doesn't tell him. I mean, everyone can see/smell it. :/ Also, him being totally cocky and annoying doesn't help his case. *shrug*

Partying Codger

I shower every other day or every three days if I don't work out. I don't really sweat or get oily and too frequent showers dry out my skin and make it flaky and sometimes too painful to put lotion on.

I wash my clothes once a week-ish. I'll wear the same pair of jeans for a few days though and freeze them to kill bacteria. It keeps the color intact unlike washing them would.

As far as dating... sort of depends on how bad the hygiene was. Not showering every day? Not a big deal. Not changing clothes, as long as they didn't reek because sometimes they just don't. Not shaving, my bf has a full beard so this obviously doesn't phase me and neither of us wear deodorant and we really don't smell. I smelled worse when I wore deodorant. I think it may have actually blocked up my body's natural purging method there because once I quit using it I no longer had any odor there. There are things I won't tollerate though and the biggest ones are not brushing their teeth or keeping their privates clean. Just no.

Hygienic Member

Excuse me, miss.
I shower once every 3 days. Everyday is way too often for me.
Depends. Jeans usually a few days, shirts, it depends on how long I've worn them. But usually after one or two wears.
Shaving applies to girls as well.
Not a booger eater.

yum_tea

Hellraiser

I think my dinner is coming back up. emotion_puke

Yes, I can't not shower.

Every week.

God no.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Flynndroid
IRL I'm 300lbs, don't shave, have long, red dreads, a scruffy beard that reaches my nipples and several piercings in my face.

Your sig pic, though..

EDIT: Also should mention that piercings should be outside your face... redface You might want to get that checked.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
petite souris
Excuse me, miss.
I shower once every 3 days. Everyday is way too often for me.
Depends. Jeans usually a few days, shirts, it depends on how long I've worn them. But usually after one or two wears.
Shaving applies to girls as well.
Not a booger eater.

yum_tea

I know washing your hair every day is bad, but if you get stinky, don't you think you should shower your body and keep your hair dry? gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff