Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, I was fine up until a few years ago. It started all of a sudden and now it just isn't getting better. I'm 19 now, it's embarrassing to have this problem.
Yup and for me it is called social anxiety disorder! D:
I'm overly shy. I don't know how to be outgoing, so... Well thingys didn't go over so well when I tryed to get over it. sad

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm the exact same way.. if i see someone on a street i need to walk down i will walk a different way even if it takes me and extra 30 minutes to get home

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Master Materia Hunter

Thats what i have!!! i remember now!! User Image
I used to be that way, though not as extreme.

I just got some good friends who I can open up to, and having that made it easier to interact with people "outside my circle".
edobony
Master Materia Hunter

Thats what i have!!! i remember now!! User Image

Aw, poor dear. -pats back- ^__^''
i only like being around ONE person and hes my best friend because i just dont feel right hanging out with anyone else cause i dont know what to say to them and im not good with starting conversations sooo though i woulld love to make some friends

Fluffy Star

4,650 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Married 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have that problem too.
I always keep my head down and never talk to anyone.
And, if anyone does talk to me, no matter who they are, I always turn cherry red.
The only people I'll talk to are just a few select friends, most everyone else ignores me.
And, even when I go to restaurants, or anywhere, if I'm asked what I want, I won't talk to the person, but whisper to my parents and they'll tell them for me.
I barely even look at other people unless they're far away.
I really hate it.
</3
It depends on who I'm talking to, and what I'm trying to say. This guy I had a major crush on last year would walk by my locker every morning and I would get all nervos. Then it turns out that we had art class together too and he sat right across from me. Then he would start talking to me and I would just say something in respons and it always surprised me how easily the words came to me. So one day I decided that I was going to ask him out. But when I finally reached his locker I opened my mouth to say it but the words got stuck in my throut and I couldnt say it. So i just ran away crying. redface
One time I got so scared that I actually started trembling. In the middle of school one day, I had to answer a question in front of the class and I started crying because I was scared of everyone. I can only talk to my friends and other people I know. I think that was a panic attack (?) or something.

Dapper Gawker

Sounds like social anxiety disorder.
Force yourself to stay outside your room when someone visits.
I used to be that girl in the back of the class who hid behind her hair and drew under the table. I was very quiet and felt overwhelmed in crowded places.

Mostly I got over it because I was so unhappy with the way I was that I'd force myself to to go to the mall for a few hours or go to school dances and stay the entire time (all those crowds and loud music) and every once in a while I'd give myself a break in the beginning by hiding in the bathroom for a bit. Mostly I just forced myself outside my comfort zone and tried to talk to people. I tried to look people in the eye more often to when I was either talking to them or walking down the street. Now I'm pretty out going. Most people are shy of me now.
Most people in my class are outgoing, I'm quiet, so you can say I don't exactly fit in. Over the past few years I have grown to become more talkative. I have a few friends whom I could really express myself, everyone else is just a simple hi.
I can't start conversations with someone I barely know. Sure, I might ask about school and stuff, but it usually doesn't hold their interest or mine. I always feel that if I talk freely I might come off as weird. Thats probably whats been holding me down all these years. No confidence.
I am very shy and don't talk to people who are overly nice to me. It feels really weird if I don't know them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff