Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ivan Isaacss
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You know what I've noticed about them?

There are never people who claim to be "lame" otherkin. I've never seen anybody claim to be a turtle, or an animal that doesn't have some crazy ability.

Also they are always premade ideas, such as vampires, werewolves, fairies, dragons.

These are all fantasy creatures that somebody else made up. Nothing original.

Actually, I have one friend who's a wolf and another who's a cat. Vampires, personally I don't classify as Otherkin, and same with Werewolves. Sorry, but shape shifting is just something I cannot believe in personally. As for Faeries, I honestly don't know much about them either, but there are plenty of "original" Otherkin out there.

Wolves and Cats are not origonal.

I can see how wolves might not be considered original, but just a plain house cat?
xBlue07
Ivan Isaacss
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

There are never people who claim to be "lame" otherkin. I've never seen anybody claim to be a turtle, or an animal that doesn't have some crazy ability.

Also they are always premade ideas, such as vampires, werewolves, fairies, dragons.

Actually, I have one friend who's a wolf and another who's a cat. Vampires, personally I don't classify as Otherkin, and same with Werewolves. Sorry, but shape shifting is just something I cannot believe in personally. As for Faeries, I honestly don't know much about them either, but there are plenty of "original" Otherkin out there.

Wolves and Cats are not origonal.

I can see how wolves might not be considered original, but just a plain house cat?
My house cats are pretty kick a**.

They have teeth and claws, and I've seen one of mine take down something three times her size. Even if they are house cats, they still have potential to be awesome predators.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

Some people consider them otherkin, but I don't know.

And, a wolf and a cat. Both predators. Nothing lame.

I do believe that some people identify with animals better than humans, but genetically we are all the same. I may identify with males more than females, but I still am female. It annoys me when anybody (including otherkin) wants recognition as something oh-so-different, but want to be treated the same as everybody else.

Ah, well I suppose lame is really a matter of perspective. I thought you were meaning more along the lines of fantastical.

Personally I would much rather stay out of the open, and I do. Learned that lesson the hard way as a matter of fact when I was young and stupid. I will be the first person to admit that I am biologically human and genetically. To say otherwise would easily be disproved and completely foolish. However, Otherkin is more about spirituality than physical make up.
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

I do believe that some people identify with animals better than humans, but genetically we are all the same. I may identify with males more than females, but I still am female. It annoys me when anybody (including otherkin) wants recognition as something oh-so-different, but want to be treated the same as everybody else.

Ah, well I suppose lame is really a matter of perspective. I thought you were meaning more along the lines of fantastical.

Personally I would much rather stay out of the open, and I do. Learned that lesson the hard way as a matter of fact when I was young and stupid. I will be the first person to admit that I am biologically human and genetically. To say otherwise would easily be disproved and completely foolish. However, Otherkin is more about spirituality than physical make up.
That's true.

It bothers me when people will claim they aren't human, yet they expect human rights.

There are no laws about discriminating against wolves, cats, dogs, goldfish, or any other kind of animal, yet these people who claim that they are in fact these animals flip out about discrimination.

Sadly what some people actually do experience is amplified and whored out by stupid little kids on the internet.

Dapper Humorist

xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

And in my eyes spirituality is just a frame of mind and beliefs. Now if your believe your beliefs are abnormal, you probably are.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

That's true.

It bothers me when people will claim they aren't human, yet they expect human rights.

There are no laws about discriminating against wolves, cats, dogs, goldfish, or any other kind of animal, yet these people who claim that they are in fact these animals flip out about discrimination.

Sadly what some people actually do experience is amplified and whored out by stupid little kids on the internet.

I expect human rights because I was born as a human being. What I am spiritually is at my discretion to be revealed. Just like how someone's sexuality isn't something they choose most of the time.

I do hate that a lot of little D&D kids got into this and gave Otherkin a bad name. Nothing against D&D but still.
Ivan Isaacss
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

And in my eyes spirituality is just a frame of mind and beliefs. Now if your believe your beliefs are abnormal, you probably are.

I respect that, but this brings us back to the question about what is normal and abnormal.
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

That's true.

I expect human rights because I was born as a human being. What I am spiritually is at my discretion to be revealed. Just like how someone's sexuality isn't something they choose most of the time.

I do hate that a lot of little D&D kids got into this and gave Otherkin a bad name. Nothing against D&D but still.
It isn't something they choose, and in no way am I going to deny their rights, but it's some food for thought.

Any minority should not demand special treatment and claim it's equal, or "compensation".

What you are isn't always up to you, but the way you choose to practice it, or "flaunt" it, or fight for it are.

Everybody is the same, nobody is better or worse than anybody else based on religion, sex, race, spirituality, sexual preference, or anything else.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

That's true.

It isn't something they choose, and in no way am I going to deny their rights, but it's some food for thought.

Any minority should not demand special treatment and claim it's equal, or "compensation".

What you are isn't always up to you, but the way you choose to practice it, or "flaunt" it, or fight for it are.

Everybody is the same, nobody is better or worse than anybody else based on religion, sex, race, spirituality, sexual preference, or anything else.

I think it would help if the idea of minority groups could just be eliminated, but that's not possible.

As long as someone can intelligently and politely make a statement against my beliefs, I'll listen because I intend to respond in the same manner.
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty

That's true.

I think it would help if the idea of minority groups could just be eliminated, but that's not possible.

As long as someone can intelligently and politely make a statement against my beliefs, I'll listen because I intend to respond in the same manner.
Exactly.

(It's really refreshing to talk to someone like you. Usually people start off somewhat polite, but then end up calling me names and leaving.)

Thank you. ^^
User Image
y'know, maybe there are really people who are otherkin.

i think i'll have to assume there's some truth behind it until i'm given more evidence.

but i think most "otherkin" are just nerds with bad acne and no lives, that feel the need to be like an anime character and be more extraordinary than they really are.

If i had a secret like being an otherkin, i'd keep it mostly to myself... there's no need to go around bragging about it and such.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
xBlue07
Blitzkrieg Beauty
That's true.

Exactly.

(It's really refreshing to talk to someone like you. Usually people start off somewhat polite, but then end up calling me names and leaving.)

Thank you. ^^

(D: Aw, why would they do such a thing?)

You're quite welcome. ^^
Kyushi
Some ppl like to drink blood, some ppl like to eat poo and so on...

people who eat poo were obviously dogs in a past life, duh. lol

just because you don't believe in in doesn't mean its not true, i don't really believe in it but it interest me so much and i respect the beliefs of other people and so should you, you cant tell someone something isn't true until you can actually prove its nonexistence.
oh there is proof that ppl suk blood.
theres this group of druggies in my town that drink each others blood as a social thing. they say it makes them "brothers". they call them selfs vamps.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Ivan Isaacss
terradi
Rats. I desperately need sleep. I'll come back to check this out tomorrow though! G'night!

Im quoting this rather than the longer post to keep the page size down.
Anyway, while I'll accept that not all "Otherkin" are schizotypal the fact that
Quote:
The symptoms aren't better explained by another mental disorder
and that I do consider someone thinking themselves to be otherkin to be very abnormal is enough for me to think that a significant number are while still believing that all the others are either liars or suffering from some other form of psychological abnormality, thought maybe not as pronounced.

... This could be an interesting study for coursework while I think about it.

If you end up doing it, that would be awesome.

There's no doubt about it, people who take on the name otherkin are, on occasion quite delusional. It's a really different belief, and frequently people who take it on as theirs don't really have a societal anchor to help keep them grounded. Being required to keep quiet about it doesn't help with the whole keeping in touch with reality bit at all, I think.

Some people who are insane stumble into it, and they claim it as their own. They find groups that believe what they do. Some people more balanced than them, some less, and most of them are too polite or too worried to point out that the person is not altogether sane. Or they believe that the person may see a deeper truth. People are gullible, and strength of conviction can drag people along for a ride. Same as Wicca. If you dig, it probably happens fairly normally in deeply religious groups. This is just a bit more obscure, and less visible to the rest of the world, I think. Believing that you are, or were, something else when there is no tangible proof of it sends off a lot of bad signals I'm sure.

I wonder how much correlation there is here and how much is causation. You don't have to accept that otherkin are real. But if they were, I think, considering how many have memories of very traumatic events including rape or really horrid things that they did or were done to them, I don't think it's surprising at all that there might be people out there that recall past life events or memories and suffer mental issues because of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff