Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think they work out?
What are some good and bad aspects of them?
Yeah, I think they can work out if you really work on the relationship. I think they're good for people who are shy and have a hard time talking to people, or meeting like people in their area. It's not so good if you want to meet them, especially if you live in different countries.
They definitely do work out if there's enough strength, devotion, and commitment.

The distance sucks big time, and can be really painful, but if it's true love it's worth it in the end.
I really don't think they work out too often.

Sure, some do, but it's just so easy to lie to, cheat on, and ditch your online partner.

And, it happens all the time. Someone will be "in love" with somebody they met online, and come to find out they have 3 other people on the side.
They can work out, my mother had one after her and my father split and now her and the guy she was with have been happily married for three years? I think it's been three years now lol.

I'm currently in a long distance relationship myself and it's going quite nicely, you can learn the flaws and pluses of the one you want to be with before hand and you can test yourself to see if your bond is strong enough to survive the distance when your not together and if you can be faithful to your partner. If your able to keep your relationship strong over the time with the distance, once your actually together face-to-face it can make it all that more special. :]
i think it just depends on the honesty of the 2, and the distance. there also has to be a major connection between the 2 ppl to have it work. i think that dating someone who lives in another country online is kinda pushing it though. but then again wat do i kno i am in middle school
Well im currently in one.
Ive never really talked to people online, let alone ventured into a relationship online. But since all my real life ones failed i decided, what the hell :3

I didn't go looking for a boyfriend, i just started talking to him and it clicked. We're crazy about each other and im visiting him in England from my home in Georgia ((US)).

Some good aspects are, you get to know the person before actually meeting them face to face. So if you decide you don't have a lot in common and you don't really click, no commitments. Just stop talking to them... sweatdrop Also, if you're willing to wait months before even touching the person...its going to mean far more than a boyfriend who lives 2 blocks from you.

Some bad aspects are, it gets really intense sometimes, like with missing them and wanting to be in close contact. If you're one who has had trust issues, it will mind ******** you so hard. If you have trust issues, don't get into a LDR.

Personally, i think if you are patient and want it bad enough it can work out. He and I have so much in common its great! 4 Years ago, i would say i didn't believe in LDR's. But now, i really think you should expand how many miles you're willing to travel for someone who could be the one.
Remember, distance doesn't have to be forever 3nodding
Well I just got out of a long distance online relationship and would normally tell you its a waste of time and pointless thing to go after but its your choice...

I see the only time a online relationship working out is if its someone who lives in the same area as you or atleast the same state. If its long distance it all depends on how truthful both people are and what plans in life they make. You have to be devoted and commited enough to make it all work out in the end.

I learned from my last one that some people enjoy being fake and love playing with your emotions on a daily basis... Just watch out who you trust online stare
They do take quite a bit on both sides, but so do face to face relationships.

I think all relationships have their own special difficulties.

I know I couldn't completely trust somebody I met online, in a relationship. I know so many people who have just changed their screen-names, and stopped picking up the phone on their online partners. And the same with people who planned on meeting face to face, and come to find out the pictures they gave their partner were all either photoshopped, or googled. I'm not saying that it's a let down if they sent you a picture of a really good looking person, and they're not so good looking, but they lied to you, about something as simple as what they look like.
Some work out ,some do not .
Blitzkrieg Beauty

Sure, some do, but it's just so easy to lie to, cheat on, and ditch your online partner.

And, it happens all the time. Someone will be "in love" with somebody they met online, and come to find out they have 3 other people on the side.

Yeah, you have to really get to know that person. Like if you're 14 or so, getting into a LDR i dont really view that the same as if you're 18+

I guess dating is more of a joke and casual when you're younger.
But from my experience, i lived with my ex fiancee for 2 years and he still cheated =/
Cheating happens no matter how far or close you are.
PiercedPixie56
Blitzkrieg Beauty

Yeah, you have to really get to know that person. Like if you're 14 or so, getting into a LDR i dont really view that the same as if you're 18+

I guess dating is more of a joke and casual when you're younger.
But from my experience, i lived with my ex fiancee for 2 years and he still cheated =/
Cheating happens no matter how far or close you are.
I know it does, but it's much easier for somebody to get away with online, you may never find out, and if you do, he can just block you, and stop you from ever confronting him about it.

I think everybody should try out both forms of dating, and see which works out better for them. If it's online, cool, but people do need to be careful.

I personally like the phase of figuring out mannerisms, and physical and mental things about people that they don't even notice they do.
Mmm... no... I mean a person can act totally different in person than he does through the internet. I think it's just a bit... odd... Though that may just be me. I personally enjoy the physical aspects of a relationship as well. So not having a shoulder to cry on or someone to hold you when your sad... That sucks...

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
some do some dont it depends on the people.
vivalabytch
Mmm... no... I mean a person can act totally different in person than he does through the internet. I think it's just a bit... odd... Though that may just be me. I personally enjoy the physical aspects of a relationship as well. So not having a shoulder to cry on or someone to hold you when your sad... That sucks...
I agree with you.

The physical aspect of a relationship is very important. And no, I'm not talking about sex (though it's very important to me) in this, I'm talking about simple things, like hugs, kisses, even just the warmth of somebody being close to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff