Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well the media in Southern California is telling us to be blonde,blue eyed drama queens and be anorexic,a model and such just to make us feel about our teenage body worse.Like 'The Hills'.
nathan_462
well im from australia and when i wear volleys i can make farting sounds with my hands stare

that was damn random lol
yay australia! kevin07 bwahahaaa (that was rather random too....)

i dont think im exactly brainwashed by the media...the media in australia is todaytonight and worse...not worth pissing on ^_^

Witty Humorist

8,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
nathan_462
well im from australia and when i wear volleys i can make farting sounds with my hands stare

hey i can do dat too!!
oO anything REAL to say?
................I can't remember all the angry boy stuff from when I was 15, but you remind me of every other angry little boy none the less............
Get yourself a true opinion. And a life.

Aged Genius

2,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
If I gouge my eyes out and stab my eardrums with pencils... will I then not be an idiot brainwashed by the media? Or will I just envision and create media to brainwash others with?
Sounds like your average teenage gripefest.
Sorry to say that people, he is not that wrong and it is not all "angry-15years-old-boy-stuff".

It is true that the media affects us in different ways, Im 20 and I do have my own opinion on this, wich can be read in a post above. Dont judge just by the age , may I remember you of the nazi propaganda during WWII? If that was not brainwashing thru the media, well what was it than, also remember in those times TV/radio and other medias were still at their beginnings and since than 73 years had pass, dont tell me that they would not develop anything new in this time... .

If you believe that, than YOU are just an ignorant preteen person sorry to say it that way.
The Dark Eve
Sorry to say that people, he is not that wrong and it is not all "angry-15years-old-boy-stuff".

It is true that the media affects us in different ways, Im 20 and I do have my own opinion on this, wich can be read in a post above. Dont judge just by the age , may I remember you of the nazi propaganda during WWII? If that was not brainwashing thru the media, well what was it than, also remember in those times TV/radio and other medias were still at their beginnings and since than 73 years had pass, dont tell me that they would not develop anything new in this time... .

If you believe that, than YOU are just an ignorant preteen person sorry to say it that way.
It's more so the fact that it's old news.

Propaganda brainwashes people. *SHOCK* *SHOCK* I wonder what the point of propaganda is.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And people are generally affected by the things they see and hear? *SHOCK* *SHOCK*.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The media is just a form of communication. If people open themselves up to what they see and hear (even subconsciously) then no s**t they're going to be affected. It's not rocket science. It's just redundant.
I do understand your point and respect it, i hope you see that ^^

The reason why Im defending this topic atm is that, people should allways question what they percept, regardless if it is old news, if it is old news for you, you could let him benefit from your
exprience, that would help a lot more than just call it average boy blathering. Dont you think?

@topic:
Sure politics are as old as mankind itself and nobody did ever reinvented the wheel if it comes to manipulation. They only tweak it now and than, but thats old news, yeah it is FOR us.

Im aware that there will allways be people who are not willing to change that, or do not care, or can not be reached, but dont you think, we should at least try?
Unwanted Sealed Butterfly
Well the media in Southern California is telling us to be blonde,blue eyed drama queens and be anorexic,a model and such just to make us feel about our teenage body worse.Like 'The Hills'.

Whats wrong with that?

Also, ironic OP is ironic.
DEE DEE DEE
Lievearn
CloverDew
The media wants money, doesn't the majority? Money is the root of all evil. I take my off-beat and non-conformist ways as a blessing, not as being abnormal. :]
I disagree. Money is not the root of all evil, ignorance is. And babies.

How are babies evil? If you're calling babies evil then anyone with children has to be evil too. I think selfishness is more damaging than ignorance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff